PDA

View Full Version : How Do I Attack Other Romans?

fothers
05-12-2005, 12:36
Have not been playing long and itching to attack other Roman units but not allowed, even with full senate support. Do I have to piss them off and wait for them to declare war on me? Thanks.

Magraev
05-12-2005, 13:45
You need public support before you can attack them (before the civil war). You get a message when you have enough support (see the senate menu for details, you have to be high on the public support meter).

Another way is to attampt asassinating the senate leader - kicking off the civil war (against you).

Romeus Petrus
05-12-2005, 15:06
1) Gain enough public support (takes a long time, and a lot of conquest)
2) Assassinate any of the senate family members
3) Cancel trade rights and military access with the Senate

If you do any of the above, the senate and the other 2 Roman factions would declare you enemy of Rome and start attacking you. So make sure you are ready to take them before you initiate hostilities.

The Stranger
05-12-2005, 15:39
yup definitly when you're playing RTR, cuz i don't know if you would ever be ready to take on 9 3gold chevron Praetorian cohorts. i seriously doubt that

derF
05-12-2005, 15:52
I remember i suddently changed my occupation strategy. The senate didnt aproove and the people loved me, so i quickly became disliked amongst the Romans and they attacked me.

IliaDN
05-13-2005, 17:55
Maybe a bit off topic , but funny:
once I have Bribed Rome for about 1.5 million , while Senate army and members were out of the city. ~:)

Craterus
05-13-2005, 21:37
I had to pay 1,000,000 for the Scipii to become my protectorate. What a waste of money!