PDA

View Full Version : How on EARTH do you edit load screens?!

[GG]Ashram
05-13-2005, 05:18
Hello all!

Hoped someone could offer some guidance in a certain department... I seem to be unable to modify the load screens in the game. Any ideas on how I could go about doing this? (It clearly isnt just editing the files because I get a CTD when I do!)

Thanks in advance for any help!

Ash

Aenarion
05-13-2005, 15:31
Ashram I already told you how. You go to frontend_files then edit the loadscreen file in a program that supports TGA obviously. If it CTD I don't know what the heck is wrong. ~:confused:

Thanks, :bow:
Aenarion

[GG]Ashram
05-14-2005, 16:37
Ah hey! Yeah, I got your response, but I am still getting a CTD:( I will try again, maybe I am doing something wrong?

Thanks!

Ash

Iustinus
05-16-2005, 02:40
Hey Ash,
Editing loadscreens is easy, if you have adobe photoshop, open up the loadscreen, cut out the bar in the middle, put whatever you want as a backround, then put the bar back in the exact same place. Make sure it's saved in Targa as tga.
That's strange your getting ctds! I did a loadscreen for AWI, I need to fix the title, if you want to check it out- the backround comes from a painting by Thomas Cole.
I am, sir, your most humble and obedient servant,
Justin

[GG]Ashram
05-16-2005, 03:34
Hey! Actually I finally got it to work, just was saving incorrectly... however, please feel free to send along your work, would love to see it!:) We currently have a load screen based on the painting "Spirit of 1776..." but I would love to see it:)

Hope folks have given the AWI mod a check out, it is a LOT of fun... tons of skirmishing, ambushing, and very well thought out battles... good stuff!

S!

[GG]Ashram
grenadierguardscampaigns@yahoo.com
www.ntwgg.com