PDA

View Full Version : Italy: Total War small mod

Fader_it
05-13-2005, 14:07
Hi to everyone and greetings!
First, i want to express my appreciations for this fantastic site and to the many modders for their work so on.
I'd like to signal i small mod i personally made, featuring medieval Italy with a nice new strategic map, shields, flags, factions, but no new units models.. maybe i'll work out this part later.

If you'd like to have a look, you'll find it here:
http://www.fucilodi.it/itw/

I'd like to have some feedback if you can, both positive and negative.
Try it out!

Thanks,
Fader
:book:

-----------------edit by drone-----------------
I think this mod is under one of the following links

MTW Italian Mod (https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/local_links.php?action=jump&catid=131&id=10718)
Italy TW Max MTW/VI (https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/local_links.php?action=jump&catid=131&id=10717)
Italy TW Max MTW (https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/local_links.php?action=jump&catid=131&id=10716)
-----------------------------------------------

metatron
05-14-2005, 04:46
Looks pretty cool!

barocca
05-14-2005, 05:06
it does look pretty good

downloading now, have to re-install Medieval before i can play it

:-)

B.

Pericles
05-14-2005, 05:42
Nice stuff :)

The eager masses need screenshots :charge:

edyzmedieval
05-14-2005, 09:19
Impressive...I've played great mods so I can say it's impressive... But still, a big minus for not having Crusades and Jihads.....

cegorach
05-14-2005, 10:38
Good work, especially the new campaign map ~;)

I don't think that the crusades or jihads are useful for the mod.

I will certainly try this mod, because I like more detailed and exotic ones ~D

Anyway you seems to be well informed when it comes to italian history, so maybe you could propose some heroes for italian factions of our Pike & Musket TW (both editions) ? These factions are:
Milan, Florence, Genoa and Venice + Hospitallier knights and the Pope.

I am especially interested in adding some famous/infamous (your choice) assassins and spies.

In close future I am going to prepare a new campaign map for the MTW 2nd edition ( the one for RTW is ready) so if you believe you can help with this either I would be also grateful.

Finally I still need italian names for some units we have (none of us speaks Italian ) - we are using names in NATIONAL languages e.g. Polish, Swedish, Irish, Georgian, Russian etc and lack of names in Italian (or French and Turkish) is a serious disadvantage. ~:confused:

If you are interested somehow - I believe I can give more than one interesting opportunity - please post in our sub-forum or PM me. ~:cheers:

Iustinus
05-16-2005, 02:37
Finally!
I've been hoping for a mod and map of Italy to come out!
The map is beautiful, will (eventually) there be an expansion for Viking Invasion?
Also, the names of the Rebels appear to be messed up, in Arabic, Turkish, French and stuff. But I think this can be easily fixed.
Otherwise, nice mod!
Viva i Comaschi!
Grazie,
Justin

Fader_it
05-16-2005, 09:12
Thanks for interest!
And, to..

Pericles: Screenshots are available on the web page the link redirect to. Have a look (if not already done)! :)

Edyzmedieval: I have disabled Crusades and Jihads because they are not particularly related with warfare in medieval italy. Apart from some expeditions against the heretic cults (albigenses, catars) i really think the Crusades don't fit much to the general setting. In particular, the only muslim faction are the Saracen Pirates and they own only a region at starting (tunisia), so they would be the main target for many and many Crusades from different factions, messing up the game in this way.

Cegorach1: Your proposal interest me.. i'd like to help you in some way, if i can. Regarding the names, there's no problem (apart from HOW MUCH names you need); for italian names of units, it's quite simple. ~:handball:

Iustinus: Well, i actually don't own the expansion "viking invasion" for MTW. So, until i get it, there will be obviously no compatibility to it. But maybe it works in the same way? If someone can try it with VI, let me now how it works. About the names, the mess is mainly caused because i haven't translated all the lines in names.txt (just because was a long and boring work); if you like, translate them (for Arabic, Turks, Russian.. but not French, as they are needed for the Anjou-Napoli faction) and send the file to me, and i'll include it in the mod.

Good play
Fader

cegorach
05-18-2005, 19:18
Cegorach1: Your proposal interest me.. i'd like to help you in some way, if i can. Regarding the names, there's no problem (apart from HOW MUCH names you need); for italian names of units, it's quite simple. ~:handball:

For now please check some threads in our subforum - there is a unit list as well.

I will ask you for some stuff later using a PM - expect it on Saturday :bow:

CountMRVHS
05-31-2005, 21:49
Looks great!

I have VI, however... so I can't play this mod? That would be a shame, the map looks great.

BTW, any tips on how you made that map? ... we're looking for some help on a Crusader States mod ~D

CountMRVHS

Fader_it
06-01-2005, 20:19
Hi, i'm working on a little modification to fit the mod for VI too (i bought it).
I'll post it as soon as i can.. :duel: . F.

CountMRVHS
06-01-2005, 22:14
Woo-hoo!

I'll definitely be trying this one if I can figure it out. Never installed someone else's mod before!

Celtic_Winter
06-02-2005, 04:21
~:) I am Italian and I must tell you that this is an amazing little project you have made. Grazie camerada! however, I have a few questions. I haven't played yet but does this work with viking invasion? I sure hope so.

AggonyDuck
06-03-2005, 05:53
Well I tried the mod and really liked it. :)
The mod reminds me of STW, because my campaign is quite packed with action and even with my 10 provs, I'm still at a disadvantage compared to some other factions. ~:)

william the bastard
06-05-2005, 18:49
I tried it. Nice work indeed!!
Well.. Can you tell how make a map like yours? i am really interested to make my own one. ~:)

uksiu
06-06-2005, 11:07
@ Fader It

It's a pleasure to play your mod!!!
Very refreshing experience - challenge for long time even when you play strong faction! Excellent work! And this map - sweeeet, dude!

I've tried 4 factions: Milan, Venice, Aragon (Sicily) and Anjou (Naples). I like Napoli most - ressurections of Papacy is a difficult problem and slow down the progress, and fleets of Genoa, Venice and Pisa are dangerous, Tuscany could be aggressive, Siena fights very well...

Many Thanks for this mod!
Best Regards

CountMRVHS
06-06-2005, 11:45
Just curious -- are you all playing it with VI expansion, or regular MTW?

uksiu
06-09-2005, 15:30
I think it's impossible to install this mod on VI.
Tried it ~:handball:

It's sad that Fader It hadn't VI to put Italian Mod on the latest version of MTW, but this mod is still very interesting and I like it.

Fader_it
06-15-2005, 19:14
Hi friends!
I'm really glad for the whole interest the I:TW mod has created.. that's a nice satisfaction, providing that i created the mod just for my personal leisure.
I got a copy of VI and now i'm working to convert I:TW to the expansion.
I think i'll also add some music and sounds, and maybe some small modifications to the GUI.
Have a nice play... Fader

edyzmedieval
07-11-2005, 16:53
When is it gonna be ready?!

I'm damn eager to see the mod for VI

Fader_it
07-13-2005, 10:57
I'm working on it.. glad to see someone is waiting yet!
I should finish the change within days.
F.

Pericles
07-13-2005, 17:16
Hi friends!
I'm really glad for the whole interest the I:TW mod has created.. that's a nice satisfaction, providing that i created the mod just for my personal leisure.
I got a copy of VI and now i'm working to convert I:TW to the expansion.
I think i'll also add some music and sounds, and maybe some small modifications to the GUI.
Have a nice play... Fader

I'm looking forward to seeing the changes

:charge:

farfarer
07-14-2005, 00:58
Me too. This is a great Mod and I can't wait to see what changes are made.

dimitrios the samian
07-14-2005, 14:05
Great Work Fader ,,, I have just come from your website ,, I am looking forward to playing your new improved VI version as well ... ~:cheers:

Fader_it
07-15-2005, 16:08
Hi there!
I need a little help from anyone of you, playing to a copy of MTW (VI) in english.
Someone should zip his Loc/Eng directory and send it to me, as i have an italian version of Viking Invasion and so i don't have this directory...
It's a really small amount of work and i'll be really grateful anyone can do this for me. ~:) ~:) :bow:
Thanks,
F.

farfarer
07-15-2005, 23:36
Do you still need this? If so, what is the address to send it to mate?

Fader_it
07-18-2005, 16:02
Farfarer, yes, i still need it. I'll send you a PM.
Thanks,
F.

Fader_it
07-23-2005, 18:38
Hi everyone. Thanks to Farfarer, i've finished the translation of the Loc files. Within a couple of days i should end the descriptions for the three eras of the improved Mod.. yes, now you will choose through Middle Age, Early Renaissance and a very nice bonus Scenario (designed on the idea of "what if..?"). I worked a bit on interface and frontend backgrounds, and now you can play Savoia dukes and Siena factions (maybe even the Pope, but i'm not sure if this will mess up the game or not..). I'll post soon again.
F. :book:

My Hospitallers, charge!!! :charge: :charge: :charge:

william the bastard
07-23-2005, 22:41
Happy to read these news.

But i just notice now that your site's link doesn't work :embarassed:

farfarer
07-25-2005, 00:42
Great news that the Mod will have different eras. Can you give us an idea about dates for the different periods Fader It? Is Middle Age the 1265 scenario, and Early Renaissance 15th century? How about the what if? What if Manuel Comnenus had been successful in reconquering the south for Byzantium in the 12th century? What if Mongols had carried on into Italy in the 13th? What if Turks had enlarged their conquest from Otranto in the 15th? Lots of possibilities so I wonder which alternative history you have chosen.

Aenlic
07-25-2005, 01:08
Ah, wonderful news that you are making a version for the VI expansion. You have done amazing work here!

You've inspired me to beginning planning my own small area mod. The era of religious wars in Northern Europe, particularly the 30 Years War up to the Peace of Westphalia in 1648. I'm curious to see if I can manage to remake Catholic, Orthodox and Muslim factions into the needed Catholic, Calvinist and Lutheran factions with the Pope only playing a very small role (unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be any way to eliminate the hardcoded Papal faction altogether).

Fader_it
07-25-2005, 01:09
You're very near to the answer, farfarer.. ~:)
Just some hours of last wait and you'll tell me directly what you think of the mod. Oh, the Pope is in.. i tested a little and seems to work.
F.

Fader_it
07-25-2005, 16:11
ITW-VI 2.0 is out right now!
Click on the link below to reach the webpage and download the installation program. :charge:
F.

Pericles
07-25-2005, 17:42
Yeah!

Yippie!

(I could have waxed long and poetic about the value of new mods, and how much this mod will add to the community, blah, blah, blah... but I think the two words above best sums up my feelings)

:charge:

Deutschordensritter
07-26-2005, 15:49
This looks very promising mod indeed and the map is wonderful. Hopefully there are specific Italian units to come in the future versions as this mod has plenty of room to new units, and frankly, cries for them.

Also some balkan faction would be nice for this mod .

Anyway, since I gave up Reconquista Mod due to CTD's, Italy: TW, along with Wes' Medieval Mod IV beta, are going to fill my leisure time in a next few days...or weeks.

Fader_it
08-05-2005, 10:55
Surely the mod could become more interesting after adding some new units.
So, i've started the creation of a list of probable new ones.
By now, i've worked a little on the followings:

- Anjou Paesantry Levies (Anjou)
- Galleys Infantrymen (Genoese, Venetians, Ragusan, Pisans)
- Papal Swiss Guards (Papacy)
- Noble Guards (every one except Aragonese, Anjou, Papacy and Savoia)
- Mercenary Man-At-Arms (every one)
- Mercenary Pikemen (every one)
- Musketeers (every one)
- Order Knights (already present - modified)
- Order Foot Soldiers (already present - modified)
- Sardinian Horsemen (only in Sardinia)
- Napolitan Knights (only Napoli, Capua, Principato, Bari, Capitanata)
- Roman Patrician Knights (only Rome, Tuscia)
- Knights of the Order of Savoia (Savoia)
- Sienense Arbalesters (Sienense)
- Balcan Mercenaries (already present - modified)
- Trebizond Mercenaries (already present - modified)
- Genoese Sailors (Genoese - modified)
- Corsi Raiders (only in Corsica)
- Norman Sicilian Nobles (only in Sicilia)
- Galleys Crossbowmen (Genoese, Venetians, Ragusan, Pisans)

I'm looking for some other faction-specific ones (for Milanese, Savoia, Veronese, Sienense, Florentians, Venetians, Ragusans,Pisans).. any ideas?

Radier
08-05-2005, 11:24
This is indeed great news Fader! By adding new units your mod is definitly worth downloading. It is like Baroccas map over Spain, but instead over Italy. Very nice indeed and keep up the good work. ~:cheers:

william the bastard
08-05-2005, 11:25
have a look on BKB , Xl and Wes mod. You will find a bunch of new units.

Pericles
08-05-2005, 15:45
Great to hear about the new improvements

~:cheers:

cegorach
08-06-2005, 10:59
[QUOTE=Fader_it]Surely the mod could become more interesting after adding some new units.
So, i've started the creation of a list of probable new ones.

I have recently tried the mod and surely it needs more units.
Do you need any new graphics ? I have some and there will be even more of these later - for very late period only, though.
I need someone to make changes to the camp. map for PMTW2. I can give you some animations if you could help with the map - you have the experience I don't have. ~;) :bow:

Besides I can give you some tips and help you improving your mod - historical battles for example. ~D

Regards Cegorach ~:cheers:

Fader_it
08-07-2005, 12:08
Thanks for the interest. ~:)
Cegorach1, i'll let you know if i can help you; thanks for the offer, however.
I don't think i'll use new graphics, as in MTW there's all i need by now.
I'll add about 30 new units, about 10 nonfaction-region linked, and the others unique for a particular faction or condivided by some similar factions.

Radier
08-07-2005, 12:25
Sounds good! ~:cheers:

cegorach
08-10-2005, 09:57
Thanks for the interest. ~:)
Cegorach1, i'll let you know if i can help you; thanks for the offer, however.
I don't think i'll use new graphics, as in MTW there's all i need by now.
I'll add about 30 new units, about 10 nonfaction-region linked, and the others unique for a particular faction or condivided by some similar factions.

OK ~;)

edyzmedieval
08-10-2005, 09:59
OK ~;)

Not too happy, are you?!
The same with me, I asked him but he has to work on his mod. It's gonna be a real battle for Fader, to see which modder is he gonna help, my friend. ~D

Can't wait for the mod Fader!!!

cegorach
08-10-2005, 10:07
We will see... ~D :duel: :charge:

Fader_it
09-20-2005, 10:47
Hi there everyone! ~:)
It's been a long time since my last look on the forums of the .Org, as i have been (and i'm yet) very busy with my Graduate thesis to close the so-long university experience.
I haven't worked along on the mod, but i plan to start back within some weeks.. to anyone had asked my help, sorry but i really don't have spare time by now.. if you wait a little more, maybe i'll help sometimes in the future.
Have a nice day!

F.

Zarax
09-22-2005, 15:42
BTW, Sardinian horsemen is ahistorical, you could put stronger peasantry (like axemen) or just modify a melee unit to have better morale.

Historically Sardinian Infantry has been known to be rough, hardy and very reluctant to retreat though poorly equipped.

Fader_it
09-22-2005, 18:44
Thanks for the suggestion, Zarax.. i'll keep it in mind.
However, I think I'll leave the Sardinian Horsemen as a really fast, not armoured, bad defence unit, as the light horsemen has been always quite famous in fairs and horse races in Sardegna. F.

Zarax
09-22-2005, 18:51
Thanks for the suggestion, Zarax.. i'll keep it in mind.
However, I think I'll leave the Sardinian Horsemen as a really fast, not armoured, bad defence unit, as the light horsemen has been always quite famous in fairs and horse races in Sardegna. F.

I'm Sardinian, so I think I can talk with some insider knowledge.

The horse fairs you're talking about are a very recent thing, plus they breed imported english and arab horses.

The only horses there were in the middle ages are the "cavallini della giara", which are pony sized ones thus unsuitable for battle.

I'd put a "Sardinian axemen" unit, using woodsmen upgraded with good morale and 1 more point in defence and armour than vanilla woodsmen, adding maybe a small shield if it's compatible with the woodsman animation.

You can use the unit you created for "arab horsemen", available in sicily and the muslim lands, they would be VI saharan cavalry.

dimitrios the samian
09-23-2005, 14:59
Hi Fader
I downloaded your mod for VI a few weeks ago and upon installing and having a look - I must say that Campaign Map is very different, mono chromatic and I think it was upside down as well ,, Why is it So ? ... I hope you add some colour to it and get it looking half as good as the vanilla version . As for gameplay I can't comment , I hope you fix this in your next release ,, cheers .

Fader_it
09-26-2005, 10:16
Hi there..

Zarax, thanks for the informations.. i thought that light cavalry in Sardegna could be important in middle-age, but you know far more informations than me about this. ~:) Anche se sono anch'io mezzo sardo, ci sono tante cose che non so ancora. Grazie

dimitrios, i'm sorry you don't like the stratmap appearing as it's exactly worked out as i intended to be. It should remind an old scroll map, made by parchment.. i understand that the color could become a bit annoying after all, but in general i received more positive feedback than negative and i'm not planning to modify it. Italy is viewed by side because it's a long peninsula, and because, if put in vertical, would be a bit of a problem to use in the game. Think about moving troops from Venezia to Sicilia. I really desired to create a map totally different from the original medieval one. Thanks for the interest!

Fader

zweihander
02-08-2016, 07:14
Hello? All links in the OP are dead now, anyone still have a copy of this mod?

drone
02-08-2016, 21:27
Our Atomic Gamer host closed operations last year, hence the dead links. I checked our super-secret repository, but the Italian mod does not appear to be there. I might have a copy somewhere, I'll check when I get home.

drone
02-09-2016, 03:53
Found them in my private stash, they have been uploaded to the Org's Links and Downloads section. You can get the new links in the OP of this thread. Not sure which is which between the Italy Total War and MTW Italian Mod, found both some time back hunting for lost treasures.

zweihander
02-09-2016, 04:48
Found them in my private stash, they have been uploaded to the Org's Links and Downloads section. You can get the new links in the OP of this thread. Not sure which is which between the Italy Total War and MTW Italian Mod, found both some time back hunting for lost treasures.

Thank you sir! Got it.

macsen rufus
06-18-2020, 13:21

I know, i know, a reply four years on.... but I couldn't believe I hadn't come across this mod before. So thanks for sharing your treasure :2thumbsup: I'm giving it a whirl as Firenze for now, and it's qute enjoyable.

dimitrios the samian
06-20-2020, 14:40
Be nice to have the boot around the correct way !

macsen rufus
06-21-2020, 12:12
Be nice to have the boot around the correct way !

It takes a bit of getting used to, but in the end I can live with it. I've had a little fiddle in the files to correct some missing labels/translations, though, but generally it's very well done and fun to play (especially for a land-locked start position....) I chose to try the Florentines as I do like the city, but did feel a bit bad about destroying the Sienese and Pisans along the way :shame: