PDA

View Full Version : Narnia Mod

GeneralTildor
05-17-2005, 01:22
Hi, I'm new to modding but I want to tackle a new mod that no one has thought up before. What about the chronicles of Narnia. With the movie coming out in December and the trailer showing tight looking battle scenes I thought it would be in style to do a Narnia mod. Since I can't mod very good I am planning it out while trying to mod. Soon I will post a little preview in text on it. Anyone who wishes to help can help me make units. Reply and I will give you a job.

General TIldor.

:duel:

GeneralTildor
05-20-2005, 14:54
Hello, I am wondering why no ones ansered this forum. Narnia is such a great world even if at 10 your getting a little to old at them. The strenth of storry telling in CS Lewis's writings is what makes me still like them many years after when most people will say they are stupid. I must think, that is why no one has ansered. Here is a biggy, CS Lewis was one of JRR. Toilkins closest friends, and there are minor simularities in the books. Names are one of them. Toilkin though, vewed the Cronicles of Narnia as kiddie, and not fit for depth like the lord of the rings. He is almost entirely right, though the Narnia books are only a little bit kiddier than the Hobbit.

General Tildor.

Producer of Narnia: Total War.

:book:
:duel: ~:)

Radier
05-20-2005, 16:39
Hi Tildor.

The idea of a Narniamod is great, but the hard truth is that (almost) everyone have started to mod Rome Total War instead of Medieval Total War. Either make the mod yourself for MTW or try to grab som partners at the RTW forums. Anyhow good luck.
~:cheers:

GeneralTildor
05-20-2005, 19:39
my computer wont support RTW

Radier
05-20-2005, 22:28
Then you have to work and buy a new one ~:)

I myself shall slave the whole summer for a computer.

Iustinus
06-02-2005, 14:10
I loved the Chronicles of Narnia! It would be a fun mod, but would definately work better for RTW. I myself don't have RTW (my computer doesn't support it) but I know the limits in MTW and some things wouldn't work out. To have an army made up predominately of animals, you would need more sound effects, and as it is now the only sfx we have are for Infantry, Cavalry, and Camels. Thus you might be able to have Infantry, Cavalry, and another sound (I don't remember camels in narnia,) such as Elephants, Leopards, or Dogs, but it would be a TON of work doing the map and graphics. I wish I had the time to work on this idea!
Justin