PDA

View Full Version : Friendly units created out of thin air?

ihategamespy
05-18-2005, 20:03
Hello, i have RTW version 1.0 and i noticed something odd last night. I was playing as pontus, and one of my cities was captured by the egyptians. When it was my turn again however, his army had left my city to the north, the city was mine again, and i had a crap load of units in that city! These units seem to have been created out of thin air. Does anyone know what the heck happened there? Thank you.

RabidGibbon
05-18-2005, 20:12
Sounds like the city rebelled in your favour, doesn't happen often, but its nice when it does.

Aegisthis The Infantryman
05-18-2005, 20:22
Sounds like the city rebelled in your favour, doesn't happen often, but its nice when it does.
That's it. It can happen to you, like you capture an egyptian city, it rebels and it's egyptian again.

lilljonas
05-19-2005, 02:12
That's why R:TW teaches us the perfectly political correct lesson that you should aways massacre people of other cultural background upon conquest. Errr..... ;)

Uesugi Kenshin
05-19-2005, 02:49
Killing everyone would work, just do like the Brits and replace with loyalists. It has always worked before. ~;)

I have actually not been massacring people much lately, my borders are to small and my army too big to bother in RTR 5.4.1.

The Stranger
05-19-2005, 16:00
i never do massacre, only when i'm on a military campaign with a strict schedual (sp?)

Mega Dux Bob
05-19-2005, 21:02
I’ve noticed when I’ve encounter them the Egyptians seem to have a real problem with rebellions. Must have a huge cultural disad. Makes up for the stupid cheese they are, @#$% escapes from a Cecil B. DeMille movie.

pezhetairoi
05-20-2005, 01:50
LOL. The Egyptians are unlucky enough to have cities that I suspect have hardcoded unrest penalties. Like I'm sure you've all heard Jerusalem seems to have a 30% deduction of public order at all times from the actual level your temples will impart. Oh well. Egyptians. Catch is, though, cities only rebel in your favour if it was one of your founding cities. I.e. if you were the Julii, the only cities that would rebel in your favour would be Arretium and Ariminum.