PDA

View Full Version : gang war

master of the puppets
05-18-2005, 21:59
Like whispers they arrived, shades creeping threw the cold moist wind. there was no moon this night, nothing to glisten. the air was thick with the smell of the new days mist and fresh cut grass. in this chosen ground, a forest dense, i searched for others.

i was there first, i carefully put my armored back to a dark oak, for my enemies are not to be trusted. my fingers drummed upon the ashen hilt of my gladius for a moment before i stayed my anxious fingers, i had not spent an hour oiling armor just to show myself. my blue pupils surveyed the clearing under shadowed eyes.
large, it was, roughly 20 yards square, ringed by tall trees which were in turn flanked by bushes. a silent rustle betrayed some one approaching to my left, i attempted to press myself closer to the shadows of the tree.

he walked slowly into the clearing, he wore no armor. from underneath his guinea-tee tattoos flowed out onto his arms, up his neck and on to his shaved head. in his hands he carried a large ax, a wood chopping ax with two heads but no real threat in battle, it would be to heavy, after a swing he's defenseless. the gang member had too be only 20, of mexican decent, probably some haughty peice of crap. i knew him to be my enemy and i decided he would not last the night .

his eyes roved much as mine had but much less cunningly, his eyes swooped over me but he did not seem to notice my presence. i decided to reveal myself, i pushed myself off the tree with only a small squeak of armor but it was enough, in the silence it sounded as if it was a freight train. in a jerky motion he turned and looked directly at me, his eyes flowing from face to armor to sword, i could see the fear in his eyes.

i looked into his eyes and moved my head nodding to the opposite end of the clearing, he caught the indication. he walked to the spot, another fatal mistake, he turned his back upon the enemy. both our heads jerked to look at a place where a racket of smashing branches announced the arrival of another presence.

this one had the physique of a line-backer, and ironically he was wearing a football jersey. he had clad his torso in a crude leather curias, in his hands he held a wooden shield and in the other a hatchet, these a bit more worrisome than that of the first. the behemoth looked around the area and took his place beside the other gang member.

over the next hour several more members arrived of both sides, a myriad of weapons were assembled by the people, scythes, cleavers, kitchen knives, switchblades, axes, katanas, clubs, maces, one ball and chain, and 6 swords. the armor was much mor sparse, only a few had decided to clad them selves in leather and only I and the rival gang leader had true battle armor, his he had received from me.

a week before after the decision to do battle i sent him an envelope with three things inside, a small single steel ring, a small rectangular slab of metal and a grooved peice of steel. there was also a note stating "choose one of these and send it back, when you do you shall receive a gift" after what i supposed was a time of deliberation i received a counter envelope. inside it had only that small rectangular slab and no more. the next day i sent him a heavy egyptian fishscale armor curias. he wore it now.

i looked around the men assembled on both sides, 52 men. in total of 2 separate gangs, months of encroaching and turfwars led to the death of a rival gangmember leader. in his death i, an obsessive history buff and my group of college buddies, moved into the area. it didn't take a week for the new supreme gang to assert there authority, drugs poured into the area via the scum. one of my close friends and allies dominique stupidly got himself hooked on the white stuff. this was unacceptable, me and my friends after deliberation took the necessary action. dominique was imprisioned by us. trapt in a small room always guarded so he could not escape. learning from the spartans we used there drug purging methods. each day at noon he was given three choices, food, water, or drugs. after a month of these decisions he learned the values of food and water and abandoned his need of drugs entirely. brutal yes, but efficient.

strings of crimes wracked the community, me and my allies were enraged by there selfishness. murders, kidnappings, they were horrid and knew no bounds. and one warm and foggy night the terrors broke into my apartment, creeping threw my home in the dark of night with gun drawn his intent was obvious. there would be no mercy. as the scum crept threw my home he felt a heavy boot strike the back of his leg, it crumpled beneath him. i drew myself back into the shadows. he lept up with pistol outstretched searching the shadows, his eyes swiveled in the darkness unseeing. he held the pistol out with one hand the other hand held limp at his side. them from the abyss i struck, my hand caught his wrist and stayed the gun, he was to slow to avoid the strike, my other hand brought the large combat knife down upon the mans forearm. it sliced threw flesh and sinue and crushed its way between the bones, he let out an auguished scream and dropped the gun. i quickly got between the man and his firearm, letting go of my knife still lodged in his arm. in a slow drawn out motion he drew the blade from his flesh, he then held it in his fist as if to make ready to fight for his life. i drew the gladius from the scabbard at my hip. in the dim light he saw the sword. with shaking fingers he let the knife drop. and then he turned and fled, wrestling with the door he let himself out into the night cradeling his ravaged arm.

and so began my personal war, to become king of the streets.

King Henry V
05-19-2005, 15:39
Interesting, but could you perhaps use capital letters?

master of the puppets
05-19-2005, 21:51
NO, capital letters ARE THE DEVIL

AntiochusIII
05-19-2005, 22:30
NO, capital letters ARE THE DEVILIt Is UnForTuNate That I Must InForm You That You Are Wrong In This Point, Good Sir. I Am The Real DeVil, An Anti-Christ, EneMy Of AlLah, And The DisGrace To The BudDha.

I Also Likes To CoVer My Face With A Black...HelMet, And Throw PeoPle ARound With My PoWer.

Monk
05-19-2005, 23:05
master of the puppets, you should really use capital letters imho. A , or . are sometimes easy to overlook when you scan through something. Adding capital letters not only helps in reading through it, it's correct grammar.

you should also use spellcheck

master of the puppets
05-22-2005, 04:26
I had never been one for mercy and that night was no different. With all speed i picked my sword and pursued him into the blackness. The warm june night was punctuated by the sound of car horns, yells, and screeching of tires.

Once upon the streets i pressed by blade close to me and slid it into the depths of my leather jacket so as to elude the eyes of the roving peoples. Late night parties ended every minute and more people were injected into the streets, most innocent walking home to a nights sleep. But still as i stalked down the roads the sound of the whores and dealers of drugs praising there wares made it evident that this part of town was fast going to hell.

Walking down the streets it was no uncommon site to see blood so all that was neccesary to find the intruder was follow the trail of ever-present blood and ask isolated questions. It was not long before the trail led me to a house.

The dulling chipping paint had once been blue but now was an ugly grey. The windows were all broken and boarded up, the front door had crisscrossing steel bars making even more apparent the deterioration of the neighborhood.

I knocked twice upon the door and there was no answer. I waited a moment in the dark, then i slammed my fist twice more onto the door rattling the frame. It came open, slowly guided by the hand of another gang member, his dark face peered out of the crack.

He asked "was' up, you need a hookup?" he was talking about drugs. I did not answer his question but merely stated "give him to me". the dark face of the gangmember remained still and then he said "you done this to my brother?"

My eyes locked with his, "yes i did, and i wish to make amends." The door was thrown open and the gang member yelled "i got your amends right here" he leveled his pistol point blank at me.

I lurched forward and caught his wrist, before he could react i kneed him in the stomach. As he keeled over my sword came free, the hilt cracked into his jaw and he went down. my heavy boot slammed onto his wrist, i then bent over and wrenched the pistol from his fingers. he moaned threw the rivulet of blood pouring from his broken jaw, i pitiously looked down at him. i kicked him in the face throwing his entire body an inch and breaking his nose, he passed out, the weakling.

I looked down the hall and began walking, slowly. 'CLUMP...CLUMP...CLUMP' upon the wooden floor. I heard a strained moan from the room to the left "keenan?" it whined. I turned to corner and there sitting upon the couch attempting to halt the bleeding was the intruder.

His eyes looked fearfully at the cruel figure walking towards him. when i stood before his cradled mass, he began to shake. I planted my hand next to his head and bend over to look into his eyes, they held much fear. and slowly i whispered into his ear "tell me, how many have you slain"

He spoke quickly and muddled "i didn't kill nuthin, i is innocent i..." i gave him a savage cuff across the face "THE TRUTH" i screamed into his face. "two, a whore and some south side negro" he confessed, crying now.

"do you remorse for them" i crooned

"I...theys nuthin, i don't care bought them" he said and i slid the blade of my sword between his ribs. He gasped and choked, i yanked the sword from his living flesh and stood. i looked unto his anguished features once more then turned and walked away, he would bleed out and die in the next few minutes.

i would not have killed him had it not been for those he had killed, an eye for an eye. as i walked through the doorway out into the dark again i only stopped to thrust the sword into the other gang members throat, what can i say, war breeds brutality. i shut the door and walked once moire into the darkness.

I had an idea that this would have repercussions but i had no idea the magnitude of those two deaths would give.

comment if you will.

Shadow
05-23-2005, 17:19
I kind of like this ~D

master of the puppets
05-24-2005, 18:26
4 gang members of the imfamous "drags' gang assaulted the home yesterday in a brutal attack. police have deduced that the attack was cause over a drug dispute. the gang members rush in and opened fire 5 people were killed in the raid. 1 of the "drags" and 2 opposing gang members, 1 innocent and 3 year old daughter were hit in the crossfire, both were killed. the families of the deceased plead to the public to give any imforma..."

i shut off the television in disgust, i hated the world at the moment. there was no honor in the world, it had died with the cold war, or so i think. before that time men were men, warriors, even (grudgingly so) the enemies of our nation. not today though, today war is conducted from 600 yards away and the enemy won't dare face you but slink back to there shit hole to hide behind women and children. our very own streets are plauged by scum no better than those across the sea.

the quarrel and whore and use drugs while slinking away from any who could challenge them.

i grabbed my leather jacket off the wrack and draped it over my shoulders. i open the door. "where you goin?" asked bill who was sitting at the table cutting holes in the wall with a combat knife. "out" i said, "want me to come with? i know this great bar in..." "alchohol clouds the mind" i scolded, and walked out the door.

It was a sunny warm day, the sun was shinning down upon the sidewalk. i don't know why i even decided to take the jacket, i guess i hated feeling vulnerable. the palm trees swayed in the wind as i swerved threw the throngs of people, from every other person i seemed to get an odd look. oh well, it happens as i am an odd person.

A hundred thousand times had asked myself why i was plopped into this time. since childhood i have been fascinated with history but the greatest of which was ancient egypt, lakedameon (sparta), and the illustrious rome. i am captivated by all i can learn of these people. maybe i was them in past lives? i hope so.

I had had dreams too. one was i was flying only a few feet over the burning sands of what had to be egypt at almost superhuman speed. drums beating in my ears and suddenly there was screaming, i was screaming yelling battle cries. i was in a fray, faceless people hacking screaming yelling all around me and i myself was a maelstrom, tearing all enemies who approached me.

another was that i was staring at corinthian helmet, those cold emotionless eyes. and i was draped with armor, staring out from those eyes, there was a xiphos in my fist and a hoplon. and a wave purple and gold, 50 feet tall filling the entire valley where i stood. i felt no fear, only defiance the wave struck and i pushed back trying to gain purchase in the blood and gore infested earth. i was holding and my foes were dying before me and when a hail of arrows cut into my body and i died, i could not help but laugh.

I was standing on a green hill over looking thousands of ranks of soldiers, i could see no faces or symbols, all those men were blurs but i, i myself was clear as day. i was speaking, though i had no idea what i was saying, every time i paused the legions would raise there arms and cheer and when the speech came to an end i raised my gladius high over the men. and suddenly it was dripping with blood, there was fire, and screaming, and once more i was fighting, laughing, laughing as i cut down my enemies. i woke up sweating, and gripped with a strange delight, i was only 11.

i looked up and realized i was in a 7-11, another daydream had ripped me from reality and set my body to wander freely. why i had come to the store i had no idea but as long as i was here... i grabbed a bag of doritos and walked up to the counter. I payed for the chips and walked out as i did i strode past a group of teenagers all chatting with there heads close together.

i caught a small tidbit of the conversation "...shot in the leg" said one "but he got the stuff?" asked another "yep" said the last "plus two dead". i stopped dead in my tracks, but realizing my error i turned around and pulled a quarter from my pocket. i stalled in front of a row of newspaper machines, i tried to look inconspicuous as i attempted to catch more of the conversation.

I learned very little but soon they dispersed. two went one way and another went down an alley. i followed the one until we went down one more alley that was completely deserted. i stayed behind him waited until he was halfway threw the alley before i turned the corner. i stalked forward, closer, closer, and soon i was in range. ten feet behind him i drew a lethal throwing knife from my sleeve. with grim accuracy i hurled it and it imbedded itself in the meaty calf of the teenager. he yelped and fell to the ground, before he knew what was happening i was upon him. i grabbed his shoulder and slammed him into a brick wall, i brutally kneed him in the gut. as he gasped for brweath i gave him the once over, commandeering his switchblade and gun. i put each one in my pocket and drew my blade, not the small one that was still in his leg but a 8 inch beauty meant to revel in the fleash of enemies.

i laid the cold steel against his throat and as he began to stutter i said in a cool calm voice "tell me where is the one who was shot in the leg, the one who got back the drugs. the youth stuttered even more but then said "i-i-i h-he is downn t-town in in in th uh-uh-uh the-the motel six. i dunno the room but p-please don't kill me"

i stood up and dragged him to his feet, i officiosly dusted off his shoulders and said "thank you, best you call an amulance about that leg of yours" i handed him back his switchblade but kept the gun "and when they pick you up it is better you tell a lie rather than blab about our little chat here, got it" i said, he slowly nodded "good boy" i said cheerfully patting him on the cheek i turned and walked away. i had buisness to attend to.

please comment on this segment

master of the puppets
06-01-2005, 02:11
Why does no one ever comment on mine?
Is my writing so bland?
Are you so superior as to call mine unworthy of notice?
Is my style uninteresting?
really these are heartfelt questions, and for the love of all things war WRITE ONE F***IN COMMENT!!!

Monk
06-01-2005, 02:34
Why does no one ever comment on mine?

I'd scroll up, people have commented on your story. You can't just get upset because they didn't comment on one installment. It happens.

Are you so superior as to call mine unworthy of notice?

No one ever said that but you. I haven't had time to read many of those in the hall as School is finishing up. I've been knee deep in final exams or i would have said something...

really these are heartfelt questions, and for the love of all things war WRITE ONE F***IN COMMENT!!!

Ok...seriously. Please watch our language. I don't appreciate that sort of thing here. Just adding "***" really isn't good enough as anybody can tell what you mean. Don't get angry because somebody didn't reply, Hey, maybe people are busy with life. You don't know. Just calm down, instead of waiting for comments, just keep writing. All you have to do is ask nicely and people comment. Shout obscenities at them and they won't... simple as that

I really don't want to have to say anything else on this subject again.