PDA

View Full Version : what is your favorite game?

Copperhaired Berserker!
05-24-2005, 22:42
just as the title says. My favorite game is RTW.

Copperhaired Berserker!
05-24-2005, 22:43
damn it! how ,do you do a poll?

Uesugi Kenshin
05-25-2005, 02:50
There is an option that you can select. then you hit submit post and it will bring you to the poll options screen.

It looks like this: Post a Poll

Bubble Yes post a poll.

There is also a place to enter the number of choices.

I would have to say for an FPS Jedi Knight: Return of the Sith. Lasted me the longest of any FPS, especially the multiplayer.

For a real-time strategy: Myth: The Fallen Lords or STW, both are classics.

For a flight sim/space sim: IL-2 Sturmovik/Starlancer.

Also this is more appropriate for the Arena.

The_678
05-25-2005, 03:05
Final Fantasy VII of course. the story the system and everything is just soo damn good. Even to this day Sephiroth is my favourite character of all time. Any other FFVII fans check out this video
http://media.ps3.ign.com/media/748/748460/vids_1.html
It's an unbeleivable video showing the FFVII opening movie with PS3 graphics. ~:cheers:

cunctator
05-25-2005, 08:41
R:TW/ M:TW
Il2 Sturmovik series
Some DOS classics like X_wing or the old Lucasarts adventures

Revelation
05-25-2005, 08:49
RTW also. mmorpg=Everquest. Been trying to kick the addiction for what seems like ages.
Flight sim would be il2 forgotten battles.
Also a huge BFV fan. Cant wait for BF2.

Game on! :charge:

sapi
05-25-2005, 09:10
Also a huge BFV fan

rare these days

long live kotor and kotor 2!!

xemitg
05-25-2005, 17:35
Starcraft is my favorite... If only Blizzard would get their act together and make Starcraft II. When SC 2 comes out all wars will stop because people would be too preoccupied playing that game.

Grey_Fox
05-25-2005, 18:12
Hmm.

Sonic 2, Vectorman and Ballz on the Megadrive.

FF7, FF8 and MGS on the Playstation.

GoldenEye and Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time on the N64.

Star Wars: Rogue Leader, Super Smash Brothers Melee and Pikmin on the GameCube.

MTW:VI, STW:WE and Operation Flashpoint on the PC.

Viking
05-25-2005, 18:22
This is definately something for the Arena.

RTW is my favourite game. Later this year: BI.
Also MoH Euopean Assault seems to bee a good number two.

Oh, and of course GTA:SA when it`s realased for computers.

Craterus
05-25-2005, 19:35
Final Fantasy VII of course. the story the system and everything is just soo damn good. Even to this day Sephiroth is my favourite character of all time. Any other FFVII fans check out this video
http://media.ps3.ign.com/media/748/748460/vids_1.html
It's an unbeleivable video showing the FFVII opening movie with PS3 graphics. ~:cheers:

Thanks for the link, mate! I'm a huge FF7 fan. I never played any of the other FF's but 7 was amazing. It's not my favourite game though. I haven't played it so long.

My favourite game is probably RTW, or GTA:SA! ~D

P.S. To the Arena!!

The Stranger
05-25-2005, 20:11
Mine is BROTHERS IN ARMS

Uesugi Kenshin
05-25-2005, 20:33
Screw I forgot Operation Flashpoint! Dammit too many games to choose from. Basically I have played too many games over the years to be able to choose anymore, IL-2 was a bit of an arbitrary decision for flight sim anyway, because my first one, Operation Overlord on a PII, was also great.

Craterus
05-25-2005, 20:53
I have never owned a Star Wars game. When will there be a new one coming out? Or is there an old one that you could recommend?

teecee
05-25-2005, 21:05
First place, drum roll please................that's right, Roem Total War. I'm currently plauing with the SPQR v3.0 mod with Darth's formation files.

A close second would be Spartan/Gates of Troy, unmodded.

Third place goes to Master of Orion 3 with Bhruic's patches and MegaMod.

That ought to cover it.

tc

LegolasII
05-25-2005, 21:59
Starcraft is my favorite... If only Blizzard would get their act together and make Starcraft II. When SC 2 comes out all wars will stop because people would be too preoccupied playing that game.

thats what im talkin bout! if blizzard makes diablo 3 before sc2 im gonna freak and start my own war... RTW was one of the only games that got close to SC for my favorite game. I bet they wont make sc2 till a year or 2 after sc ghost comes out.. Does Sc ghost have an official date yet? it was suppose to be out like 2 years ago

Uesugi Kenshin
05-26-2005, 02:58
I believe they are doing Diablo 3 first, because I heard they were offerring jobs on their website and one of them had something to do with D3 apparently. But don't take my word for it, this is hearsay so it could be wrong.

[seminoles]shadow
05-26-2005, 03:24
RTW / Guildwars

amazon77
05-26-2005, 08:34
Well, favourite games, now thats a tough one!

Ok, right now, RTW, but also MTW and STW ~:) I do believe STW was the best title comparetively though. I never understood why there weren't any videos like assasinations and the throne room with emissaries visiting (or their heads in a bag doing so :bow: ). The mountains were also a huge strategic element, in RTW you don't find huge mountains to put your troops :embarassed:

In Flight SIms, its IL-2 Sturmovik/Forgottern Battles.

Management games, Champ Manager 3 is my fav, although i believe Total club manager (i have the 2004) will eventually be better than the CM/FM series, although it's more arcade than these, as they haven't really evolved since the CM3 years. With TCM you can actually see the game in excellent graphics + you can spend your money on building usefull facilities + the training of players is in a much more understandable way.

In RTS StarCraft/Brood War was the best game imho, althogh STW gave a more accurate Strategic feeling, and thus surpassed SC/BW. Nowadays i tend to thing of SC as a more resource management war game, rather than a strategy game. Lord of the Rings:Battle for Middle-Earth and Spartan/Gate of Troy are great also, but i haven't realy played them all that much due to RTW.

My all time favourite game though is Diablo2 (classic, x-pack sucked sweat from the balls of the dead :furious3: :furious3: :furious3: ). I played that for 2 years, at least 10 hours a game on Bnet, HC and soft. Hail to all my friends, Peter, Rude, Tolkien, Zaratoga Axe, Soulshredder, the HC community of Europe and the ppl in the Amazon camp. My most active accounts: Klelia, UrHcFriend, DeadCanDance and some 30+ others.

Sacred/Sacred+ is also great, i think there's another title of these that came out recently.

As a chess player i shouldn't forget Chessmaster 9000 and 10th edition, also Fritz 8.0 .

I've played more than 500 games vs Fritz 8 (on a 233, p2, 96 ram) and on the actuall lvl of it, i only got 2 draws! Thats some AI there! :help:

Don't bet on blizzard releasing anything shortly m8, they ain't what they used to be anyway :embarassed: .

P.S. Love to all the D2 guys on these forums, if you ever played with me, i'm Elena, just give a hello :balloon2: ~:grouphug:

doc_bean
05-26-2005, 09:31
MTW:VI

Revelation
05-26-2005, 10:03
RTW / Guildwars

So Guild wars is ok then? I am thinking of trying it. How does it compare to others in the genre?

Crandaeolon
05-26-2005, 12:36
So Guild wars is ok then? I am thinking of trying it. How does it compare to others in the genre?

It's not really a MMORPG, if that's what you're after. I'd classify it as an online action RPG, somewhat reminiscent of Diablo 2 but focusing on different things.

It doesn't quite belong to an easily defined genre, but it's a pretty decent game on its own merits.

Amazon77, I think I've bumped into you a couple of times. I've played a lot of D2 Europe HC. DeadCanDance sounds familiar... :tongue2:

And finally, to stay on topic: favorite game right now is Guild wars, all-time favorite Planescape: Torment.

Copperhaired Berserker!
05-27-2005, 22:07
Can you post in the other topic i did,"What is your fave game" exactly.
I managed to get the poll working there
Here's the link: https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=48380