PDA

View Full Version : Atlantis Total War

King of Atlantis
05-25-2005, 23:30
ROME TOTAL WAR: RETURN OF ATLANTIS

This mod is based in the rtw time period with one change. The Atlanteans have RETURNED! The Atlantis faction will replace thrace. This faction will be completely overhauled, with a full list of new units ~:) .

We will be placing atlantis on a new island in the east mediteranean. The Atlantean units will be top of the notch, but very expensive.

One day this may be a total conversion, but that is in the future.

We have a very talented skinner, but we would very much like a modeler :help: .

Are forums-http://s7.invisionfree.com/Return_of_Atlantis/index.php ( not much goin on there though :embarassed: )

For those reading i reccomend not reading this first page as this mod has changed completly and all info on it is outdated.

The storyline has been written read it here,
https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?p=860798#post860798
~:cheers:

Support us with a sig

https://img103.imageshack.us/img103/2170/g52zeus36jj.jpg

THE TEAM:
King of Atlantis-faction description,loading screen bar ~:)
Chilly5-skinner,unit planner
Byzantine Prince -campaign map

Belatucadros
05-26-2005, 01:06
This mod sounds like a good idea!

I would like to join maybe as a reasercher type, but i cant really mod.

King of Atlantis
05-26-2005, 01:07
Sure welcome to the team, but we really need modders.

KingJo5
05-26-2005, 18:44
finding a moddler may be a bit hard so work with what you have,
editing the campaign map is a good start, however be careful of your positioning of atlantis, from the many expeditions sent to look out for this island, not one has said for certain he had found it,
A lot of people believed that if it was certainly a real historical island it would have been located off the coast of western spain,
what i would do is extend the campaign map eastwards, and add in your aquired landmass, place some cities and give them to the greekcities,
Then you may begin work on a seperate Atlantian faction if you wish,
however it would take much time and effort, or what you could do is rename a hellenic culture faction 'the Atlantians' and remove their original provinces and place them on Atlantis, give them a nice dark blue aqua colour,
if you need some advice you could always ask;
~KingJo5

King of Atlantis
05-26-2005, 22:26
From what i have heard atlantis was probably the minions of crete. The was a eruption there that virtually destroyed their civilisiation and led to the invasion of the sea people. Their enemies were athens and eygpt. So i would keep to vanilla eygpt as they are perfect. But i am probably going to try and make this mod more of the fantasy Atlantis

I am going to but photoshop soon but this mod really wouldnt take to much time so i was hoping i could get a talented skinner to do a couple skins for me. (If i have some nice eyecandy more people would probably join.) hence my plead for help.

The first step will be to rename greece, but i heard you can do this ingame without actually changing everywhere it says greece. So could anybody please tell me how to do this?

-Thanks-

King of Atlantis
05-27-2005, 03:31
Well i got to go to California tomorrow but ill try to start this up when i get back in two weeks. If anyone wants to join still right back.

I have been thinking and now i have decided to replace thrace instead of greece, but then change greece to athens as the man who reported atlantis to pluto said that atlantis had been at war with athens and eygpt at the same time(this will be represented in the mod)

unit ideas:

myrmidons

http://img274.echo.cx/img274/9505/achilles2md.jpg

That is the basic idea, (maybe even modelled after brad pit ~D )

King of Atlantis
05-27-2005, 04:28
Here is a quick overview of the story of atlantis,
A reasercher from came back from eygpt to report to pluto about atlantis. This is the only source we have about Atlantis. He gave the size measurments, said it was outside pillars of hercules. These pilliars are at the time where somewhere and greece and NOT the stait of gilbraltar like today. HE also said that atlantis was advanced beyond its time(described a bronze age kingdom 2000 years before bronze age), and very importantly to this mod he stated that it was at war with athens and eygpt at the same time.

Many people believe that atlantis was the minonian civilization of crete, hence why i am placing atlantis at crete. There was an eruption there that destroyed the minionians and is a possible place of origns of the Sea People.

I have always imagined atlantis as a advanced greek like civ and that is how i will represent it, but i believe that some sea people typr units would be great.

Well the first thing i need to do is like you said rename thrace to atlantis(replaced with greece) and rename greece to athens. I heard you can do this without changing much files so if anyone could help explain how it would be nice.

King of Atlantis
05-27-2005, 04:30
sorry for the repeat of info but for some reason my post keep disappering on my computer completely.

King of Atlantis
05-27-2005, 04:36
----problem fixed-----

King of Atlantis
05-27-2005, 04:53
Atlantean Hoplite

http://img287.echo.cx/img287/703/hoplitenew031tz.jpg

regular hoplite but with siver armour, no chest plate, and maybe a woad stripe thing and the factions colour would be navy blue.

Belatucadros
05-27-2005, 05:09
There was an attempt to make a mod similiar to this earlier but it died out. I wonder if the got any work done that could be used

Sundjata Keita
05-27-2005, 18:28
I already know that quite a few modders have got Greek models that could be used as Atlantians but of course you would have to get all of their permitions, the mermydons got done for sure

thelordskinner
05-28-2005, 06:34
Hi The_lords_Skinner Here

Okay as you might have guessed im a skinner
but what you might not of guessed was that i shall join
in on your mighty mod :charge: If you need me Then good
Im Preety god at skinning i great at txt editing Poo at campaing
maps um........Thats all But yer so um.......Yer....... :bow:

King of Atlantis
06-02-2005, 05:22
Hey, Lords welcome to the team. I think a good unit to do first would be atlantian hoplites. (I'll pm you with the details).

bodidley
06-02-2005, 05:52
Many people believe that atlantis was the minonian civilization of crete, hence why i am placing atlantis at crete. There was an eruption there that destroyed the minionians and is a possible place of origns of the Sea People.

It has also been theorized that the city of "Atlantis" was located on the island of Thera in the Aegean Sea, which was largely destroyed by a volcanic eruption.

King of Atlantis
06-02-2005, 09:51
UPDATE:
Team members-
leader-king of atlantis
researcher-beluctrados
skinner-the lords skinner

Work-
Rename thrace to atlantis
rename greek cities to athens(empire)
decide on what to do

research myths and recent finds
skin new units
ask around for units/etc..
get more team members

CURRENT ISSUES:
Decide on atlantis colors- i am thinking deep blue ad black
Lords skinner-I want to do more research and thinking before we do hoplites but it would be good if you could do levies.

Atlantian levies- They should be a reskinned warband with navy blue primary color and black secondary. Brown hair, white skin, and woad desisn on their skin(but navy blue). You certainly have the feedom todo with this unit as you feel, but i really want it to look around those guidelines.
These units are the axulias of the atlantian empire and should have about the same states as warbands.
P.S- i am still on vacation but i will have acess to the computer for the next few days.

Myrddraal
06-02-2005, 23:01
Would you like me to rename the thread to Atlants - Total War? Idea! doesn't give the average member a very clear idea (excuse the horrible pun).

King of Atlantis
06-03-2005, 01:09
YES PLEASE, i named it idea because i didnt know at the time if it would ever be more than an idea but now i am certain we will be out.

thanks-

King of Atlantis
06-05-2005, 01:31
Update:

This mod will probably use rtr 6.0 if i can get permission. If so then the map would be perfect as greek colonies could be atlantis colonies, but this would mean athens empire would get the boot.

Some concepts from http://members.tripod.com/grahamjmabey/index.htm

http://img234.echo.cx/img234/4489/atlant97hi.gif

http://img90.echo.cx/img90/2440/atlansold4004iw.jpg

The Atlantean swordsman could be used a an imatation legionary.

King of Atlantis
06-05-2005, 10:52
Well im going away again but this project is not dead.

Captain-Tiguris
06-05-2005, 12:28
This mod has an ok idea, though you so far only have the idea of the Atlantiens. Perhaps include mythical units? As this is a mythical story. So far (to what I know) you only have Atlantiens, perhaps adding more factions?

Maybe you could turn this mod into aAge of Mythology remake?

King of Atlantis
06-12-2005, 17:52
This mod is only a small one and will only have atlantis and vanilla factions.

King of Atlantis
06-12-2005, 18:05
I have decided i will use RTR 6.0 for this mod so it will be rtr: atlantis total war.

I know this is an odd combination but the rtr mod would fit perfect with my vision of atlantis except exchanging greece with atlantis.

I know there is another mod like this but i will go fourth anyways after 6.0 has come out.

SicilianVespers
06-13-2005, 14:28
I know this the location of Atlantis is very controversial, but you may want to consider putting Atlantis in Sicily. A German gentleman has a thesis on the net somewhere suggesting that the plain of Catania, in Sicily, as the location of Atlantis. During the Atlantean time period Sicily was much larger than it is today, she extended all the way to include Malta, and Malta is the home to the oldest freestanding stone temples. If you consider the 5,000 year old pyramids discoverd in Sicily, it is very convincing.

The Sicilian Pyramids (more like Ziggurats) seem to be related to similar pyramids found in Sardinia and the Canary islands.

This is an excellent idea for a mod....

Here is a link to the thesis:

http://www.thorwalds-internetseiten.de/atlantisindex.htm

Click on Meine Hypothese

SicilianVespers
06-13-2005, 14:52
Some possible factions...

The Atlanteans:
Iberians - Spain, France & British Isles
Ligurians - Northern Italy, France Germany, Corsica
Sicanians - Sicily, Southern Italy (below Etruria), Sardinia
Libyans - North Africa

Anatolian Indo-Europeans: (1st to break away from Proto-Indo-European)
Minoans (or Eteo-Cretans) - Crete
Pelasgians - Greek Mainland
Luvians - Western Anatolia
Hittites - Central Anatolia

Hamitic:
Egyptians - Egypt

You could also have the various Indo-European tribes in central Europe, waiting to migrate. Greeks, Italics, Illyrians, Cimmerians, Aryans (Iranians), Kelts, Teutons, etc...

You would also need a Mesopotamian faction, like the Sumerians.

Let me know if you would like more information...

King of Atlantis
06-13-2005, 23:22
Sicily is one of the places that i was thinking of putting atlantis but crete is still ahead.

*This mod will only include atlantis replacing greek cities in rtr 6.0. It is based on the idea that atlantis didn't fall but stayed alive and started colonizing the world. If atlantis was actually a real place and it didnt fall it is logical that it would have conquered the richest place at the time greece. At a later time i might but in a few more countries like athens empire but the first version will just include atlantis*

Anyways thanks for the replies ~:cheers:

SicilianVespers
06-14-2005, 02:20
According to the Antediluvian World, Atlantis did colonize many places around the world when it fell. The Atlantean factions I mentioned are sited as the colonizers.

I think the four related Atlantean factions I mentioned, based on the ex-Roman factions, would make an excellent mod. The Roman alliance system would simulate the Atlanteans working together to colonize barbarian europe.

I have been working on a 1600 BC Bronze age mod, based on the Mundus Magnus map. I think I may convert it to start around 4500 BC.

King of Atlantis
06-14-2005, 18:09
In this mod all of those colonies have failed and atlantis has turned its efforts to to the east(greek colonies). I might give atlantis england since rtr has made it empty, but nothing is really decided yet as i won't start modding until 6.0 is out.

I will make the faction description soon and any info on atlantis is appreciated.

King of Atlantis
06-17-2005, 17:09
thread here (http://rtw.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=ct&f=9,2702,30,10)

It seems that there is already an atlantis total war in the making and it is a lot further ahead than me so this project might be finished. :embarassed:

editi never mind ~:)

Chilly5
06-17-2005, 19:01
WAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! HEY! I'M ALREADY MAKING A ATLANTIS MOD! oh well, as long as they are relatively different, will this be a total conversation? if so, continue and i will not flame on this mod, cause i'm making a atlantis invasion type mod and is already finished with the tech tree and all the infantry (though planning to reskin). so yeah, i dont want any conflicts . . . but ur mod sounds a lot like my mod :charge:

Chilly5
06-17-2005, 19:03
sprry, double post. ok, after reading some things of this, and believeing that this is a total conversation, plz go on ahead and finish, maybe i'll stop mine and join with urs

King of Atlantis
06-18-2005, 00:48
Hey, no mine isnt a total conversion even though people keep trying insisting on it. I know that mine looks alot like yours which is why i am thinking of stopping. So far i have no work done as i was waiting for rtr 6.0 to be out. We could make this a total conversion if we get a team, but right now i am the only one. I am trying to model/skin, but am having great diffuculty.

I saw that you were doing this( check the post above yours) ~:)

:bow: Check your pms chilly :bow:

King of Atlantis
06-19-2005, 02:57
IF this becomes a complete conversion we will need some factions so please post your ideas.

MY ideads

Atlantean high council-senate
Three atlantean colonies-roman families
athens empire-greece
ancient eygpt-eygpt
rama-parthia
troy-thrace
crete-macedon
celts-gauls
persians-armenia
hittites-armenia
spartians???-selucids
then many barbarians for atlantis to conquer. ~D

Chilly5
06-19-2005, 03:32
remember, atlantis is a fantasy faction, in greek myths, so the factions must be more mythic, hitties have no recorded events of anything atalantic (then again . . .) so we must remember that atalntis, if it had every existed, will be uber ancient, sure the hitties were anceint, but its not ancient enough, we need anceint and greek mythic factions:
ie- mionia, mycenae, athens, cornith or argos, delphi, egypt, troy, the old and mythic stuff, yaknow, i dont think barbarians are old enough . . . or . . . wat barbarians exactly?

Chilly5
06-19-2005, 03:49
btw, wat are the faction colors gona be? is it gona be wat i was making it? turquiose/green-blue/aquatic and white? and wat will the icon be? i was planning to make it a round and curvy wave, maybe it should be a wave with a island on it?

King of Atlantis
06-19-2005, 04:04
Well the barbarians could be fantasy, it would be hard to make anything else out of the barbarian factions. I agree on the hittes i was just trying to name ancient empires that could be used.

I persaonally think a deep sea blue should be used. Close to navy blue but a little lighter. Secondary could be whit or black. As for faction symbol i dont know. A wave would be good. I think we should look around on it though.

Heres a site with atlantean type factions (http://www.atlantisrising.com/issue1/ar1topten.html) Although most of them wont work.

edit- The barbarians could just be very simple people with weak, but very cheap units.

(wow some atlantis thing is on t.v maybe it will have some good ideas)

Chilly5
06-19-2005, 04:11
i read in ur thread that atalantians were createn people, thats not nessasairly true . . . from wat i've read, atlantis is in two possible locations-1. the island of thera north of crete, that is believed to be atlantis because plato wrote that a island was swalloed up by the sea at this one date i cant remember and the island of thera had a volcano that blew up (half the island gone . . .) around the same time. 2. somewhere near the island of Cyfrus (spelling?) they found archaeologic evidense there i think . . .

King of Atlantis
06-19-2005, 04:17
Yah i was going off the island off thera but i couldnt rember the name. I read somewhere that thera was part of it but so was crete. This place as stated that atlantis may be the home to the sea people.

To simplify things i was just going to put atlantis at crete or even sicily for gameplay reasons.

Since you want to go for mythology i dont think the possible historic place really matters anyways.

King of Atlantis
06-19-2005, 05:08
Here are some possible faction symbols-
http://img207.echo.cx/img207/2100/delphana7wd.gif
http://img207.echo.cx/img207/6586/golemkore3bj.gif
http://img207.echo.cx/img207/5327/imperiallegion6vg.gif

These are all fromThis website (http://www.wizkidsgames.com/mageknight/chamber/fiction.asp?cid=38511)

I like the first two and maybe gold and purple could be the colors too. NOw that i think about purple is often associated with atlantis.

Chilly5
06-19-2005, 13:48
that place is a little . . . fantisized aint it?
i like the purple, maybe that can the factions sub color.

and i think that it should be a invansion type mod right now, if we can get enough peeps maybe we'll consider a TC.

i'm gona get to work on some skins for the armed recruits but for that, i'l need to know wat the faction colors will be . . . . so navy blue and purple? or green blue and purple or will it be white/black, not purple?

The_Ferret
06-19-2005, 14:30
You seen some of Chilly's skins yet? Look at RTWH and find his thread.

This is probably going to be better if you get a team on it. So good luck fellas :bow:

Chilly5
06-19-2005, 15:28
if u had read some of the thread , u will see that he has.

King of Atlantis
06-19-2005, 18:52
that place is a little . . . fantisized aint it?
i like the purple, maybe that can the factions sub color

Yeah i dindt really read the site i just thought they could work as faction symbols.

and i think that it should be a invansion type mod right now, if we can get enough peeps maybe we'll consider a TC.

My thoughts exactly

i'm gona get to work on some skins for the armed recruits but for that, i'l need to know wat the faction colors will be . . . . so navy blue and purple? or green blue and purple or will it be white/black, not purple

Whatever you want to go with-
purple-gold?
Your green/blue works but maybe make it a little darker
If you chose a blue as main then use white or black.

P.s Chilly clear your inbox your full

Ianofsmeg16
06-19-2005, 19:26
Hi!
sorry if sum1 already took this place but i can change unit names, faction names and i can edit provinces, can be of any sevice?

Byzantine Prince
06-19-2005, 22:08
WOW, where did this thread come from? I have fantasized about the Atlantic Empire for years and now it's becoming a mod?!?! :jumping:

Well now I see it's dead. :sad: Damn it I wanted to help. Well as long as people keep interested it won't be dead, because BI is coming and it's gonna make everything better.

BTW, guys why not make this Rome: Atlantic Invasion? It's far easier, you only need to add one more faction... Atlantis!!! And we can place in the Atlantic Ocean as a forgotten land that is ruled by a sadistic emperor who wants conquer the new world... Europe. Think of it, it's perfect. Huns strike from the east, Atlantians strike from the west. It's gonna be a free for all!.

Also there's real historical evidence for the existence of Atlantis so if I'm in the team I will tolerate no mermaids, or weird fish. I'm gonna read up on Plato to freshen up my historical acounts. If I'm not mistaken Plato stated that Atlantis existed 10,000 years before himself so I think the date we are looking at is about 11,000 BC. So no ray guns! Just good oldfashioned Greek units with wierd costumes and kewl archaic technology.

I hope more people get interested in this. ~:grouphug:

Epistolary Richard
06-19-2005, 23:38
Well now I see it's dead.
You have a strange criteria for dead, BP...

King of Atlantis
06-20-2005, 02:35
Hi!
sorry if sum1 already took this place but i can change unit names, faction names and i can edit provinces, can be of any sevice?

Sure anyone who wants to join can. Edititng provinces is really nice(not sure what chilly can do here ~:confused: ) And making greece into atlantis would be good too if chill hasn't done that yet. So you want me to add you too the team?

Byzantine Prince this mod isnt dead. It just turned out that me and chilly were doing the same mod and he is a much better modder than me so we joined teams. At first it will just be an invasion mod but if we get enough people then we hope to make it a total conversion. What can you do? I can add you too the team if you want.

Byzantine Prince
06-20-2005, 03:05
Byzantine Prince this mod isnt dead. It just turned out that me and chilly were doing the same mod and he is a much better modder than me so we joined teams. At first it will just be an invasion mod but if we get enough people then we hope to make it a total conversion. What can you do? I can add you too the team if you want.
I'm glad it's not dead. Well I can do several things for you. I can change unit names and I can put together everything in it's right place. I can also learn to mod units pretty quick I need some time for that though. If you can provide a link with the best modding progs and some tutorials I'de be glad to learn how to do some stuff. Oh I can also use Photoshop pretty efficiently for banners and so on.

As i have stated before I can get some info on the historical evidence for the existence of Atlantis from ancient writers so we don't have to be all magical, we dont' want the mod to look all fairy, do we? I'll write up some history and then I'll think of some description for units that you provide or that I think should(historically) be in the province.

Oh and BTW where are you planning to put Atlantis? I have a suggestion. I think it should be in the Atlantic, it's gonna be like Viking Invasion only instead of Norway and Jutland it's gonna be a large Island with many resources.

Give me some feedback though, because i have no idea what the other mod has already finished.

Thanx,

!Byz! :egypt:

King of Atlantis
06-20-2005, 03:19
Atlantis total war-chilly5's thread (http://rtw.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=ct&f=9,2702,30,10)
Check out this link for chill's progress

Im not really sure all that hes done right now ~:confused: We are putting atlantis at the island of thera i believe as there is much evidence that it could have been there.

I believe we need to have a team chat soon to see what chilliy has done and what everyone else can do.( theres a chat right here at the guild for those who didnt know)

Adding you to the team ~:cheers:

Byzantine Prince
06-20-2005, 03:32
I think it's really stupid to place in Thera. Thera was always tiny island with no real importance. I think the logic behind that might be that Thera was the volcanic eruption therefore it must have been there. By that is wrong. The theory is that Crete had this enormous civilization and when Thera exploded it created a tsunami of sorts and wiped out the civilization. Every acount I have seen has Atlantis bying from huge waves. How are waves gonna hit the epicenter if the epicenter is the volcano?!?! ~;)
http://img300.echo.cx/img300/5433/localmapthera2um.gif

I don't think it should even be in Crete though, I think it should be placed outside the Pillars of Hercules so we can put into perspective, because the new world wasn't found yet and it wouldn't be impossible for small part of Atlantis to have survived and then wanting to invade Europe. If we can Crete Atlantis then it would completely ahitorical even in a fantasy situation since there would be a different culture prevelent and Crete is too small anyways.

Thanx for putting me in the team though.

!BP! :egypt:

King of Atlantis
06-20-2005, 03:38
Yeah well in our first version(just atlantis invasion) it will have to be a little ahistorical anyways to have atlantis anywhere. Though i want historical accuracy if possible we must remeber that this is atlantis total war and nothing about atlantis is certain. Like i said though we will need to make a team chat to work where exactly we want to go. Maybe some time tomorrow??

Byzantine Prince
06-20-2005, 03:46
I don't think we want to make a total conversion. It would be a huge pain to try make up different ridiculous units. I think we should use what we know about ancient Crete and make it "feel" realistic. Sure it's fantasy, but then again isn't all total war games fantasy? The "feel" of total war games is what makes them special. I think basing it to reality will definetly make it cooler to play.

Like i said though we will need to make a team chat to work where exactly we want to go. Maybe some time tomorrow??

We can just use the giuld's chat line. It's usually empty anyways. Just make a time up so we all show up.

BTW I have a book called Mystery of Atlantis which has some authentic historical maps of Atlantis I'll post them laterz. Here's something I just found on the internet that wll help in the naming though:

http://img157.echo.cx/img157/3050/map60k800x4843vz.jpg

Check out the names. I especially like Posidonis. That's awesome isn't it?

Chilly5
06-20-2005, 03:58
BP i like ur ideas . . . but this will definetlively be a ahistorical mod, atlantis still hasnt been proven to have ever exsisted yet . . . there is no real historical account of wat atlantis's army was (i think . . .), so if this is ahisotrical, i just thought that a modder could have some fun with a fantasy mod and have their own units and own design, based on their own accounts of atlantis. of course, u can help out with the plato stuff, and i dont like the idea of naming it atlantis invansion, sure, its a atlantis "invasion" mod, but invasion just sounds a little barbaric, so i want to name it return of atlantis. my original ahistorical mod idea, was . . .

once upon a time, atlantis was the greatest civilisation in the world . . . they conquored many territories and with uber advanced . . . i think of atlantis as the "perfect" civilization, where religion and science merge into one creating perfect harmony. a little to cute right? :furious3:
but, anyway, they built a time machine (dont ask) , and to learn more about the destiny of the human race and stuff like that, they sent some people (a lot actually) to explore and stuff. so they leave and atlantis evolves and ager the gods and blah blah, the gods send a wave to destroy their precious city. and the explorers had no idea wat happend but they went into the future to about 300 BC, they find out wat happens and along with the natives and survivors, they begin to rebuild, they conqour the agean islands, cutting of the trade of the greek cities, causing their empire to fall (somehow, dont ask) and now continue to rebuild their empire, against the rising power of rome. so thats why i want to call it rome total war-RETURN of atlantis, cause atlantis already exsisted and got destroyed. . . to would be wierd to have atlantis suddenly come from the new world or something . . . .

BTW- BP, ur a modder right? hen u must know that there is a faction limit and so we must replace a faction, not make a new one. so in order to make a empire pop out of nowhere, we will need a good story to tell how the faction it replaced suddenly fell. and king of atlantis, my skills are skinning, 2D (though not too great at that), and gmax moddeling (not to great at that either). my experience, if i had not told u already is: founder of Native america total war
member of khan total war
soon to be sub leader of atlantis totalwar ~D
trivium member (i think) at TWC
civities at TWC (though kinda by accident)
i will do watever i can to support this mod. ~:cheers:
though there's something i cant quite remember . . . and oh yeah, all members leave ur messenger chat adress thing, and . . . wat else . . .? yeah, watever . . . .

King of Atlantis
06-20-2005, 04:00
Edit-I started writng before chilly posted in case my post seams confusing ~:)

Before i make a time i need to see when chilly is available as he is vital to the chat.

We hope to make a total conversion one day, but right now we just want to make atlantis switch with greece basically.

You should check out if(if havent already) chilly's thread. Since we cant come up with to much data about atlatnis we should just try to make them feel real. Even if atlantis is on crete/thera we wont represent them as those people as even if they lived there it doenst mean thy are the cretians. This being said we need to come up with a realistric identity for atlantis and stick with it. Chilly really gets the final say on units since he is our only skinner/slightly moddeler. I believe he wants to have some fantasy units, but i would also try to make them realsitic.

I would like to say 10:00 p.m for the chat tommorow(what timezone are you in me in chilly are in the same)

King of Atlantis
06-20-2005, 04:06
Chilly i think we should just use the org chatroom-look up top chat(java)

By the way i dont really like the time machine thing ~:confused:

Heres an idea-

The atlanteans we are playing as were out exploring the world when atlantis was destroyed. The have now returned to the ruins of atlantis and are now rebuilding their empire once again!

Byzantine Prince
06-20-2005, 04:08
Ok that was the wrong map. Here's the right one. It's got great acount on what provinces to include:
http://img117.echo.cx/img117/4418/atlantispashos4ih.jpg

BP i like ur ideas . . . but this will definetlively be a ahistorical mod,
Yes I agree. I never said I actually believed Atlantis actually existed in this time period. There is historical evidence to support it's existence, or the existence of an equally great civilizations before history was written though. I don't think we should load it with crap though, not when there's so much that's based on historical acounts.

BTW- BP, ur a modder right? hen u must know that there is a faction limit and so we must replace a faction, not make a new one.
Yes I am aware of that. There's plenty of ways we could this. I could cut the extreme east part of the map and then expand in the ocean. So naturally at least two other factions will go off the map and one of them can become Atlantis and then we make another we think should be somewhere. It's not that hard actually. I think the Persians could ebcome the Atlantians. Their units are actually not bad even if it didn't change them at all.

Although, it's not a problem if we conflict. I can just work with you guys and then change just mine, or maybe include a light version(my version idea) with a smaller download. How about that?

Chilly5
06-20-2005, 04:09
well, that kinda ruins the dramatc feeling i was kinda making but o well, can talk now gtg to bed talk tomarrow . . . btw u live in USA king of atlantis?

King of Atlantis
06-20-2005, 04:10
yeh, btw did you read my idea on how the atlanteans got there?

Chilly5
06-20-2005, 04:11
yes, i said the dramitc feeling is gone . . . and which state in the US?

King of Atlantis
06-20-2005, 04:15
yeh i was wondering if you were talking about bp, i was kinda confused. I thought it was pretty dramatic :embarassed: ~D

I live in florida(look under avatar i changed it)

And like i said does 10 tomorrow work for chat here at the org... Its 11 where i am whats your guys time..bp...(mountain time????)

Chilly did you decide what colors you are going to use?

edit- well guys please respond before 10 (my time) tomorrow. PLease tell me if it wont work out.

Ian of smeg your on the team if you reply, if you do want to join please tell me as soon as possible so you can join use in the chat!~:)

Byzantine Prince
06-20-2005, 04:35
Do you guys at least agree on the maps I have shown you. I can put together the expansion of the map as well the changing of the factions into atlantis.

King of Atlantis
06-20-2005, 04:38
I think me and chilly both want atlantis to be in the agean, we can discuss this further though...., the main problem is if we move atlantis over there then it is far from anything.

P.S please respond to my previous post ~:)

Byzantine Prince
06-20-2005, 04:42
Well I thought it was obvious that I was mountain time. ~;)

I think me and chilly both want atlantis to be in the agean
Ughh, well then will you at least enlarge the map, because the Agean is pretty small.

King of Atlantis
06-20-2005, 04:48
Atlantis doesnt have to fit the measurments given by plato as many historians believe the are 10 times to big.

I wasn't sure if you were mountain or pacific(not sure canadian rockies go to the coast??) ~:)

Anyways can you be here at...8 i believe.

Well got to go its getting late here. :bow:

-edit- thanks for showing intrest guys for awhile i was basically talking to myself here. :medievalcheers:

King of Atlantis
06-20-2005, 05:44
-ORDER OF BUSINESS-
Heres a list of things we need to decide on before we star modding-

MOD NAME-

Atlantis total war-maybe when complete conversion, but not now
Total war-atlantis invasion
Total war- Return of Atlantis(my favorite)

LOCATION OF ATLANTIS:
Heres a list of all the places i have heard of atlantis being....

Ireland-probably not
Antartica-ruled out for this mod
Contenient in the atlantic-possible
Sicily-also possilbe
crete/thera-possible
heres my fav-an island in the somewhere in the east mediteranean

FACTION SYMBOLS-
I posted a few earlier..
Another idea is an atlantean cross, Heres a description (http://altreligion.about.com/library/glossary/symbols/bldefsatlantiscross.htm)

FACTION COLORS-
purple- gold
navy blue-black
navy blue-white
green/blue-black
green/blue-white
Chilly did you already decide??

UNIT list-
Chilly has one but we should get together and make a full one

HISTORY VS. FANTASY

Those are the main issues that need to be discussed.

STORYLINE:

Chilly- I've tried to make a dramtic story ~:)

At its height atlantis sent out explorers to teach the world in their ways(Pyramids around the world!!). After many many years the voyagers decendents came back to their homeland only to find it ruins! Who was to blame?? THE FOUL GREEKS! The atlanteans came to see their enemies the athenians have colonized europe/asia :furious3: . They wage a long war with the greeks and come out victorious! Now the must rebuild their once great city and conquer the BARBARIANS!!!!

What do you think?

Anyways,

Muska Burnt
06-20-2005, 05:59
i found a website that talks about the atlantic army it says they had chariots and elephants or mammoths ya much more about cavarlary than infantry so maybe you should make them cavalry strong like mammoth riders or mammoth chariots? also how they had a large population and very rich since there was a abundance of metals

p.s. this is the linkd

http://www.atlan.org/articles/checklist/ (http://http://www.atlan.org/articles/checklist/)

Muska Burnt
06-20-2005, 06:07
sorry about the double post it doesn't let me edit my post for some reason but i got info about the atlantic army according to plato ill give you the link hope you find ituseful

once agains talk about many mayn horse war units :charge:
also found something about athens defeated atlantis in a war despite atlantis's advances in technology

http://www.was-this-atlantis.info/size.html

Byzantine Prince
06-20-2005, 06:11
LOCATION OF ATLANTIS:
Heres a list of all the places i have heard of atlantis being....

Contenient in the atlantic-possible
heres my fav-an island in the somewhere in the east mediteranean
Either one is good with me. Just as long as it's not tiny.

FACTION SYMBOLS-
I posted a few earlier..
Another idea is an atlantean cross

I could do some tricks with that cross if you guys haven't already.

FACTION COLORS-
purple- gold
navy blue-black
navy blue-white
green/blue-black
green/blue-white
Chilly did you already decide??

I like the purple/gold selection, or sky(baby)-blue with white.

UNIT list-
Chilly has one but we should get together and make a full one
*feiiw* thank zeus I don't have to do any of that, it's so fun hard.

STORYLINE:

Chilly- I've tried to make a dramtic story ~:)

At its height atlantis sent out explorers to teach the world in their ways(Pyramids around the world!!). After many many years the voyagers decendents came back to their homeland only to find it ruins! Who was to blame?? THE FOUL GREEKS! The atlanteans came to see their enemies the athenians have colonized europe/asia :furious3: . They wage a long war with the greeks and come out victorious! Now the must rebuild their once great city and conquer the BARBARIANS!!!!

What do you think?

Well as a Greek myself I can't help but find it a little offensive. :stare:

!BP! :egypt:

Byzantine Prince
06-20-2005, 07:27
I won't be able to be here tommorow. I have a previous engagement, so please inform me on any decisions. I will probably be available late at night.

Oh and BTW do you think we could use the shape and names of this island to make Atlantis?
http://img117.echo.cx/img117/4418/atlantispashos4ih.jpg
I like the names for the provinces.

Chilly5
06-20-2005, 15:17
sorry i'm late and havent talked very much, i was sleeping ~;) but the big supprise is that last night my mom sat through her last night of pregnecy and has born my baby brother! i have a brother! *cries*

ok, i dont really like the idea of atlantis appearing in the middle or nowhere, and as long as the story comes in telling how the replaced faction is gone its good. i think the atlantis faction should find atlantis in ruins and rebuild, not somwhere else trying to kill the greeks (BP ur a greek?! ahhh! greeks are my favorite! i study them all the time! this doesnt mean i'm hitting on u or anything as i think this would be gay, or are u a girl too? considering ur a prince, id say ur a male . . . .).

no i havent decided the faction colors as i was sleeping but i still want an original blue-green, it gives it sortof an aquatic feeling . . . . y'know? atlantis is a island and has mermaids and crap like that . . . well maybe not mermaids but they were an aquatic people.

and king of atlantis ur story has some faults, y'd think that if atlantis sent out explorers, they would still recieve news and crap? and where do they get enough people and soldiers to take a province and start an empire? here's my second story try:

atlantis was once great and very advanced. they had already sent many people to the moon and has advanced enough to colonized (sp?) on mars (which is why we get signs of life and water). they build a seperate empire on mars, closely allied but governed by a differnt ruler. now one day mars-atlantis has recived no messages of any sort from earth-atlantis. and decades after, the same thing happens, but they thought it must be a comunication problem of a sort, but after centuries of investigating (a long time but oh well), they decide to send people down to earth and check wats goin on. send a small army too, in case its a invasion, and they find that atalntis is in ruins, and rebuild and retake blah blah blah, and forge an empire and destroying another in the process.

now, i believe, since atlantis is uber advanced, and since its religious and scientific, the units will be well trained and given the best equipment around, that seems a little uber, dont u think? so one way of solving this problem on the campain is to make atlantis start out uber weak. they will have one province, no allies, one army guarding atlantis and the army will be made of levies and iregulars and millitia, they will have very bad trade too . . . and start out with very little funds, they will have very bad first level-so units and uber late units. i think this is fair, considering how uber they are. i also think that since i dont think that cultures can be changed (or at least i dont want to) , that atlantis should be hellinistic (its a greek myth afterall . . ..) , which is why i liked the idea of a island in the agean, that destroies the greek cities.

whew, long post. :furious3:

Chilly5
06-20-2005, 15:30
oh and btw, i'm making a ton of first stage concept art, and considering a big painting of them . . . . but none of my concept units can be achieved until i have a really good grip on moddeling . . .. :help:

King of Atlantis
06-20-2005, 16:57
Since were making atlantis replace greece i think we should explain what happend to greece(destroyed by atlantis)

Chilly i like your new idea better but if atlanteans just came from mars they would have guns, etc.... Maybe they could have been rebels that fled to south america, and then returened to conquer atlantis but find atlantis in ruins.

For color i like the purple gold, But blue-green works too.

Bp, the atlanteans were the enemies of athens, so it would stand to reason that the hated them, thats from the perspective that i wrote that story.

So, chilly you think atlantean cross would work as faction symbol, or do you want the wave??

Bp, i'll copy the chat and then p.m it to you ~:)

http://img9.echo.cx/img9/2429/eastmed3tv.gif
Atlantis could be there in the shape of bp's thing???

By the way, maybe we should replace thrace instead of greece, that way atlantis still has their rival, we have greek culture, and thrace is useless anyways. ~:)

King of Atlantis
06-20-2005, 17:05
i found a website that talks about the atlantic army it says they had chariots and elephants or mammoths ya much more about cavarlary than infantry so maybe you should make them cavalry strong like mammoth riders or mammoth chariots? also how they had a large population and very rich since there was a abundance of metals

p.s. this is the linkd

http://www.atlan.org/articles/checklist/ (http://http://www.atlan.org/articles/checklist/)

Sounds like a good idea, but we dont have a modeller who could do that. That sounds like something in hoggy's league ~:confused:

Byzantine Prince
06-20-2005, 22:14
http://img9.echo.cx/img9/2429/eastmed3tv.gif
Atlantis could be there in the shape of bp's thing???

By the way, maybe we should replace thrace instead of greece, that way atlantis still has their rival, we have greek culture, and thrace is useless anyways. ~:)

I can start working on that if guys don't have anyone else. I alsready have all the info on how to do it. It shouldn't take more then a week. Is it kewl? ~D

Muska Burnt
06-20-2005, 23:57
what about the island of thera i hope that the right name

Chilly5
06-21-2005, 00:10
well, people can go to mars without guns . . . and in my pre-made tech tree, one of the last level units, in the "experimental" catagory, not elite and not levy, but like a trial, they have a early gun men unit and one was light sabers too ~D . . . . . but i dont really like purple and gold too much, maybe blue-green and gold? or blue green and purple? i think gold would be better . . . and as for thrace, i would want to get rid of the useless faction too . .. but there's just no real story behind it, and how could greece be a enemy of athens when atlantis is said to exsist 10000 years before the golden age of greece? there werent even mionian civilization by then . . in fact it was just cave men .. . . and . . . yeah, should i go on to painting a concept art? can we get a modeler soon? i am in the very very early process of making a model, i still dont know if any work . . . . :embarassed:

Chilly5
06-21-2005, 00:14
oh, and i dont think thera will be there, also we need a explanation of how a big island in the middle of nowhere appeared, and i dont think it should be any bigger than rhodes, smaller if possible, and i like the idea of a wave with a island on top, the cross . . . atlantis wasnt chatholic right? :book:

Byzantine Prince
06-21-2005, 00:27
I would guess peopel that advanced were atheist. ~;)

Ok so do you guys want me to place the island in the eastern mediterranean or just as a thin piece of land in the Atlantic? If we put in the Atlantic then we have more room for provinces. I can show you also maps that show the immigration of the survivors of Atlantis and why some celtic cultures were so advanced etc. It's really quite interesting and based on facts.

King of Atlantis
06-21-2005, 00:42
okay so faction colors are blue-green/gold

Bp i think you can start putting the island in the eastern med., it is much better for gameplay. By the way you guys think we should use mm map?

Chilly when he described atlantis he gave much info on the island. If you look at this data it makes atlantis look to be a bronze age civilization. HE also said that atlantis was at war with athens and eygpt at the same time. A civ could go to mars before they invent a gun but it is very unlikley.

What it comes down to is are we going to make atlantis realistic or some extremly high tech civilisation that it ahead of our time(we havent gotten people to mars.)

The atlantean cross is used by an atlantean cult( not cristians) that believe they are descended from atlantis.

As for the island the new atlanteans could have resurected it from the ocean(like stargate ~:) )

Chilly do you like the atlantean rebel storyline?

Byzantine Prince
06-21-2005, 00:51
Bp i think you can start putting the island in the eastern med., it is much better for gameplay. By the way you guys think we should use mm map?
That's kewl. Is that like my role now?

HE also said that atlantis was at war with athens and eygpt at the same time.
Umm, Atlantis existed 10,000 years before Plato. I find it hard to believe they would be at war with some cavemen in Athens. ~:confused:

What it comes down to is are we going to make atlantis realistic or some extremly high tech civilisation that it ahead of our time(we havent gotten people to mars.)
Ok here's what I think.
1. We don't have the modding skills nor would we able to incorporate high tech weapons and gadgets that are outside the game's capabilities.

2. If we add all this fantasy stuff, it'll take away from the feel of Atlantis as an archaic civilization with technology that although advanced, is also pretty simplistic. Therefore I think we are safe in making them similar to a mixture of Greek and Persian units. That will save us alot of modding time as well.

!Byz! :egypt:

King of Atlantis
06-21-2005, 01:02
That's kewl. Is that like my role now?
guess so, i think we should use mm map(with permision) any objections?

Umm, Atlantis existed 10,000 years before Plato. I find it hard to believe they would be at war with some cavemen in Athens.

As i have sais before many historians trying to bputut atlantis in reality say platos numbers were 10 times to big(even plato thought the numbers for size and age of atlantis were impossible)

Ok here's what I think.
1. We don't have the modding skills nor would we able to incorporate high tech weapons and gadgets that are outside the game's capabilities.

2. If we add all this fantasy stuff, it'll take away from the feel of Atlantis as an archaic civilization with technology that although advanced, is also pretty simplistic. Therefore I think we are safe in making them similar to a mixture of Greek and Persian units. That will save us alot of modding time as well.

My thoughts exactly which is why i like my story about returnig atlantean rebels.

As for getting rid of thrace its simple, they are still there, just not important enough to be a faction. For example EB got rid of numidia for bactria, but that doesn't mean the numidians are dead, just that the arnt as major a force as bactria>

Chilly5
06-21-2005, 01:49
ub cant just "rreplace" them, how did the thracian faciton just "disapear"? players will want to know why they cant play as thrace anymore, and i dont like ur rebel idea, even if they were rebels, they would still get enough news to find out that atalntis was destroyed, and if the rebels came in, rebels against atlantis, why the hell would they want to rebuild their enemy? maybe not a good example . . . ok, never mind, but south american atlantian rebels will have south american traits right? so not the best thing, and even rebels will know that the greatest civilization in the world has fallen when it does , other than that, why the hell would atlantian rebels be in south america? ~:confused:

so the colors are blue-green/gold and there will be no fantasy gun units, can we still have automatons? i dont really think that we should add mundus magnus, since it doesnt boost anything we're trying to accomplish here, i think that atalntis should be on a single, small island, they will start out uber weak in economy and military, since they are uber strong in later times, and we still need a reason why thrace will be gone! :furious3:

and we need a experienced modeler! :help:

Chilly5
06-21-2005, 01:51
oh, and it shouldnt be a mixture of greek and persian, it should be a mixture of hellenistic and egyptian, since persia wasnt anywhere there and egypt was a major force ~;)

King of Atlantis
06-21-2005, 03:00
we dont need to replace thrace. IN EB numidia was changed to bactria. Numidia didnt disapear the are still in the game(represented as rebels) but just not playable. Thrace wasnt even a nation then anyways. We dont need a cover story, all we need to say is that thrace was judged unecasry. The thracians wont be zapped from the game, their cities and rebel armies would still be there. Replacing the thracians would also mean no faction color conflict.

automatons- Maybe, dont know what those are.

Yah it should be greek/eygption

Why have mm? Why not? If were making a mod it should be as enjoyable as possible. WHile were at it we could include skin packs as well.

As for the storyline chilly please dont get mad im just trying to make a realistic explantation.

Heres my best right now- There was a great civil war and the losers fled away to the end of the earth(south america whatever). They wouldnt hear the news of atlantis falling because it is hard to get news across an ocean with bronze age tech( what atlantis presumaly had). After thousand of years living in their new home(never changing culture though) the descendents of the rebels decide to revenge their ancestors and take back the land that was once theirs. When they arive their island has sunk and their enemies long dead. Now they must rebuild the civillzation that they once fought to rule.

Wave with island works for faction symbol, i was just trying to find intersting stuff.

Edit-nobody is at the chat so ill try back at 11 and maybe 12- 3 at the org time

Byzantine Prince
06-21-2005, 05:20
Who gives **** about the story. That's just one paragraph in the beginning. All the work goes into the mapping and the modelling, that's what we need to focus on.

I also think we should hand out the assignments so this doesn't drag on too long.

Chilly5
06-21-2005, 14:04
u know wat we need? we need our own forums, this is begining to be major, and we dont want to use up org space, should i go and make our forums or something using invision? or pro? though i dont really have any experience at it, are any of u better?

Chilly5
06-21-2005, 14:12
and yeah, we need to hand out asinments, but how? and to who? i can only skin, BP can map and, and wat? and KOA is still learning . . . and we dont have a moddeler! we are not ready for that step yet! hmm, prehpas i can skin one unit (armed recruits) and show that off so that a moddeler will join us, but then i'll need to draw final stage concept art to show him (/her) wat i'll want . . . :dizzy2:

Ianofsmeg16
06-21-2005, 16:52
well, are you going to have it as a seperate island or an extension of crete or sumting cos i can do camp map editing aswell? i'll help...if you want me to

SicilianVespers
06-21-2005, 18:33
Here are a couple maps you may find useful...

http://www.liutprand.it/Atlant.jpg

http://www.the1phoenix.net/x-files/pix/mystero/Tirrenia.gif

King of Atlantis
06-21-2005, 19:05
Chilly forums would be nice... I can make one but it would be generic.

Alright so were going to replace thrace-

faction colors-blue-green/gold

faction icon-wave with island

location of atlantis- isle in eastern mediterean

unit list-chilly could you post yours ~:)

Chilly it might be hard to a modeler. :embarassed:

Chilly you need to vote on a name
Rome Total War: invasion of atlantis
Rome Total War: Return of Atlantis

ian of smeg BP has the map under control i think

edit-http://s7.invisionfree.com/Return_of_Atlantis/index.php im attempting to make a board here but it doent look pretty ~:confused:

Chilly5
06-21-2005, 19:27
id say return of atlantis, thats my fav and i made it up! :bow:

however . . . . . most of the time its better to make a story of how thrace disapeared, sure theyr are still there but . . . y'see EB is a total conversation, so they can replace and change all the faction they want, but we are making a invansion, and i've never heard of an invasion that replaces a facition without a story, in fact, the only invasion i've ever heard of is tisn invasion . . . .

King of Atlantis
06-21-2005, 19:38
return of Atlantis wins(I voted for it too ~D)

Hey join the new forum and ill give you admin powers( im Kscott)

thrace wasnt even a counrty so it should be zapped anyways( we can come up with a story if you want though)

Chilly5
06-21-2005, 20:29
um . . . where is it?
~:confused:

King of Atlantis
06-21-2005, 20:41
http://s7.invisionfree.com/Return_of_Atlantis/index.php
i left a link on page three...

Chilly5
06-22-2005, 01:33
oh, i didnt see, it, ok, i joined, can i be a admin now?

King of Atlantis
06-22-2005, 03:07
Yeah, im kscott there, made you an admin, feel free to change anything...

Chilly5
06-22-2005, 03:13
i'm coatol, i dont really feel the admin powers flowing through me yet. . . .

King of Atlantis
06-22-2005, 03:25
it says your an admin ~:confused:

By the way members should make a sig for this mod like i did :bow:

Chilly5
06-22-2005, 15:42
ok, i made a sig . . . now to get it to work . . . how did u get that pic up there?

testing:http://img152.echo.cx/img152/5189/atlantissigwithoutwords0xd.th.jpg (http://img152.echo.cx/my.php?image=atlantissigwithoutwords0xd.jpg)

Chilly5
06-22-2005, 15:46
damit, i cant edit! testing #2:
http://img152.echo.cx/img152/5189/atlantissigwithoutwords0xd.jpg (https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=48267&page=1)

yahhooo! got it to work, even made it a link to get to the forum :charge:

Chilly5
06-22-2005, 15:52
huh? it doesnt show up? do i have to be a more senior member to have sigs? ~:confused:

Chilly5
06-22-2005, 15:53
oh, it does work, nvm, (sorry for the quadruple post) dont hurt me! *is hit with banstick* :embarassed:

King of Atlantis
06-22-2005, 17:27
Nice! ~:)

King of Atlantis
06-23-2005, 01:51
Bp you should join our new forum...

Chilly i think you will have to make your units with out a modeller, they are hard to come by.

Chilly5
06-23-2005, 03:03
i have a few friends . .. and maybe some day i can get 3ds max *dreams*

Alexander the Pretty Good
06-23-2005, 03:23
I saw some of the screenies in the forum. I have a few comments: the destroyers seem out of place. They are obviously based off a "Barbarian" model, and still look that way. Which I think contrasts with the sunny, Hellenic look of the other units. And the archers look like they have sunglasses on. Is that intentional?

I await further progress. :book:

Chilly5
06-23-2005, 18:14
the destroyers are off a barbarians model, and the archers do have sunglasses (i went a little over board with the futureness) but those are in the very early stages . . . when i learn to model or we get a modeler those will change and look super different from their current stages.

King of Atlantis
06-23-2005, 19:27
I really like the destriyers as a barbarian type model it adds variety.

Chilly5
06-23-2005, 19:41
i plan to make the destroyers a more civilized model if i ever can, but make them look a little barbaric for their wepon . . .

King of Atlantis
06-24-2005, 04:56
Are we going to do custom loading screens cause i could probably figure out how to do those.

Chilly5
06-24-2005, 16:06
probally, i can draw and paint a few pics, and is BP still here?

Byzantine Prince
06-24-2005, 17:21
I'm here, I don't see why we need a separate forum though. I can work just fine here.

Chilly5
06-24-2005, 18:11
every major mod must have a seperate forum, its like a requirement, u cant make a epic mod with just one thread, oh yeah, i drew some sortof presentable drawings for the infantry, so a modeler can make them and so that u guys can comfirm them

King of Atlantis
06-24-2005, 19:28
Cool, post at the forum and a few here...

Chilly5
06-24-2005, 21:27
ahh! my works arnt good enough, *is obessive* and i dont really know how, my dad can tell me (yes, i'm very young, though not that young! but still not of age to even play rtw! but not that not of age! i dont remember if i had ever stated this but i'm only 12 . . . :embarassed: ) and we have the right equipment. ~:cheers:

King of Atlantis
06-26-2005, 23:15
BP are you workin on the campaignmap ~:)

Muska Burnt
06-27-2005, 04:17
you know what you should do if possible since atlantis was so advancded and populated you should try to add an extra level to city like maybe a epic city where it take 40000 people to be upgrade i dont know anything about modding so dont get mad at me if its not possible

just and idea

King of Atlantis
06-27-2005, 04:19
you know what you should do if possible since atlantis was so advancded and populated you should try to add an extra level to city like maybe a epic city where it take 40000 people to be upgrade i dont know anything about modding so dont get mad at me if its not possible

just and idea

:furious3: :furious3: THATS NOT POSSIBLE :furious3: :furious3:

Just kiding, but as far as i know that is impossible, but it would be a nice feature.

Chilly5
06-27-2005, 14:09
i dont think its possible but i dont think its needed anyway, u dont need a large population to be advanced

King of Atlantis
06-29-2005, 04:01
So chilly ready to post your art ~D

Chilly5
06-29-2005, 04:13
no, i decided to redo everything, as it will burn ur eyes if u saw them in public

King of Atlantis
06-29-2005, 04:15
I see.

King of Atlantis
06-29-2005, 21:38
Chilly i think we should release a first version with your originial units, cause it would be nice to have a version of the mod out before EB, and rtr 6.0 come out.

Chilly5
06-30-2005, 01:52
thats probally not gona happen, for a number of reasons:
1. rtr 6 is waaay too close
2. i need to go to canada this weekend and that means no modding for me.
3. we still dont have a modeler
4. wat is BP doin with the map?!
5. because i said so

Sun Tzui
06-30-2005, 02:33
Hey great mod idea!

Here's my 2 cents worth....

1-Use the mundus magnus map extending it a little further into the atlantic;
2-Make Atlantis appear on that newly created area (doesn't have to be the whole area, or make it a small to medium island maybe 2/3 provinces, and forget the continent island idea, the greek historians could have exagerated a bit don't u think?);
3-Make atlantis without a harbor and with basic settlement structures and populations (thus it will take time to build a powerful enough structure to invade the mainland);
4-To even things out you could place a volcano in the middle of the island similar to sicily....and make it erupt every now and then....razing the structures and populations and thus creating some more dificulty to that factions technological and military superiority!

Historians have also considered the possibility that Atlantis could have been somewhere in the Azores islands you could consider this reference too!!! After all these island remain with a high degree of volcanic activity even today!!!

Any date for this mod release?

BTW Atlantis should have at leats one unit of each type heavy cav, cav archers, spearmen, swordsmen, phalanx, artillery, elephants and archers.....being Atlantean archers of superior quality in ranged and melee.

King of Atlantis
06-30-2005, 03:27
good ideas, but we are going to place atlantis in the eastern mediterean. This is manly for gameplay issues. Our untis will be mainly greek influenced, but maybe some eygption stuff thrown in there.

Well right now chilly is doing unit concepts and BP is working on the map(?), so we dont have any kind of release date yet. ~:)

I wanted to use mandus magnus, but the other team members want to use original map so that is what were going for. ~:)

Chilly5
06-30-2005, 04:15
yeah the mundus magnus map is just too empty without EB, as for a volcano-this is the return, meaning that its been populated and advanced and then destroyed and now its being re-populated, so id think that the first time that atlantis would have done something to the volcano y'know? they would somehow have turned it into a resource vault and caused to to not erupt? and i think because of atlantis's uber uber units, it should start out really weak, one small province with no good resources (they can blame that on their ansestors) and no port, many rebel tribes have settled on the island and want to fight the invaders, or if we make it so that atlantis appears in a island that came out of the sea, then there will be no rebels. atlantis shoudl start out with really weak units (altough, their "town watch" i plan to have ap maces . . . . . ). i forgot wat else to say. but there is no release date as it is no where near completion, we could really use a moddler and i'll try to find a way to somehow make presentable sketches. :embarassed: thanks for the 2 cents, i think i have enough cents now to buy a coke! ~D (i've been collecting ~:handball: )

King of Atlantis
07-01-2005, 20:08
ahhhh! word on the street is BP is banned for life....

Sun Tzui
07-03-2005, 22:23
[Question] BP? what/who is that?

King of Atlantis
07-03-2005, 22:46
Byzantine Prince, but it was just a false alarm.

King of Atlantis
07-07-2005, 22:08
Chilly, Bp,

We really should start working on this, we probably arnt going to ever get a modeller.
maybe we could convert this projsct to be part of this...

https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?p=836975#post836975

Byzantine Prince
07-08-2005, 04:22
I think we can afford to wait till the expansion comes out. We won't find a modeller any time soon, so I don't see many options for now.

In the mean time let's figure out jobs. So far we have:
* BP(me) - mapping
* Chilly - skinner
* King of Atlantis - story, descriptions, units ideas(?)
* ?????? - Modeling
* ?????? - txt management( I guess I could do some of thsi when it ends)

King of Atlantis
07-08-2005, 04:24
Ok if you guys dont want to go yet ill stop complaining ~:)

Chilly5
07-09-2005, 01:06
ok, well, i'm in canada right now and still cant seem to draw good concept, prehaps a modeler could be advertised in if we ACTUALLY ADVERTISE THE MOD! no one really knows its out there! i an highly against your other mod idea KoA, i still suggest that we make this a invansion mod for vanilla rtw, or . . . we can wait for troy total war to come out and we make it a expansion for troy (myth, timeline, it sortof fits). i guess its ok to make it a expansion for BI but i dont like it:
1. the name? ROME TOTAL WAR: BARBARIAN INVANSION-RETURN OF ATLANTIS my point is, who's ever heard of an expansion of a expansion?
2. the eastern romans are all you will be able to fight. so i suggest this be either a mod to troy (it'll be done sooner or later, they do have a trailer done after all)-now that i think of it i do think that asking if we can join troy totalwar and making this a expansion for troy is best, prehaps they can aid us in some way, their team is bound to have modelers that can help us help them, wat do you think? ~:grouphug:

King of Atlantis
07-09-2005, 03:32
We adveritise with our sigs, and i made a thread at twcenter and rtr forum.

Joining with troy sounds like a pretty good idea.

Whats wrong with my other mod idea? :embarassed:

oh and by the way, BP you should use one of our sigs or make your own.

Byzantine Prince
07-09-2005, 03:42
Well BI is gonna come out sometime, then what? Our mod will be worthless, cause no one will play the original anymore.

Also there's nothing wrong with making it during fall of the roman empire.

Oh and BTW I can't have a sig for now. My gynormous warn level doesn't allow it. I will make one as soon as I drop to 2 though. ~;)

King of Atlantis
07-09-2005, 03:49
When Bi is made, people can still play the originial, so we dont HAVE to do it in the late period if we make it for BI.

Chilly5
07-09-2005, 17:10
1. as said before making it with BI is bad because atlantis is gona be in the east mediterranian, so the only enemy that atlantis will have is the eastern romans, and the eastern romans is too much for a extremely weakened atlantis. :duel:
2. so i suggest joining troy, i'm asking their leader now, but in sortof a off-topic way . . . ~;)
3. BP, what did you do? how did you get banned? ~:confused:

King of Atlantis
07-10-2005, 00:45
1. as said before making it with BI is bad because atlantis is gona be in the east mediterranian, so the only enemy that atlantis will have is the eastern romans, and the eastern romans is too much for a extremely weakened atlantis. :duel:

When BI is out the current campagian will still be playable, but probably will be enhanced by the new features.

2. so i suggest joining troy, i'm asking their leader now, but in sortof a off-topic way . . . ~;)

So we are Troy Total War: Return of Atlantis??

3. BP, what did you do? how did you get banned? ~:confused:

You should spend some time in the backroom.

Chilly5
07-11-2005, 22:18
ok, after thinking a long while and looking up names, i think i finally found a better name for the armoured spearmen, i went to this one site on atlantis and it said that atlantis was associteted with poesidon and atlas (i thought it was just poesidon ... ) so i decided, why not call them: ATLAS SPEARMEN, instead of atlantian armoured spearmen. also, i'm proud to anounce that i am making a "official" form of the doodles. and is atlantian spelled "Atlantian" or "Atlantean"?

King of Atlantis
07-11-2005, 22:31
google and etc..., say atlantean.

Chilly5
07-12-2005, 03:14
and the atlas spearmen?

King of Atlantis
07-12-2005, 07:26
yes, atlas fits good with heavy troops.

dark_shadow89
07-12-2005, 08:44
Hey chilly, about joining troy total war, as an expansion, if you're still interested, i'm still thinkin about it. Most importantly, what can you offer troy total war, if we were to do a merge?

Chilly5
07-12-2005, 16:11
i can offer my medium skill skinning abilities :bow:

KoA-this mod we're making, is it gona be purely plato (and etc) based, or is it gona have some sci-fi too? if so, should we add th-the . . . darn, forgot the name, but i read on this one site . . that atlantis in a sci-fi version - they have some sortof vehicle, it hovers and floats and is sortof like some sort of vehicle, but it is said that atlanteans ride on those things to war . . . should we implement that into the mod? its easy to make a hovering vehicle (with a modeler that is) it wont be able to fully fly, so it will only be a few feet off the ground, so long and short range units can attack it. it will act as a sortof advanced chariot. can you think of the name of that vehicle? ~:confused:

King of Atlantis
07-12-2005, 20:18
I think we should stick to being plato based. But we could give atlantis chariots.

BTW, we need to think about gameplay changes, unless of course we merge as an expansion for troy.

*slow down combat
*reduce squalor with building effects
*make atlantean units only trainable in atlantis and then make an auxillary system

King of Atlantis
07-13-2005, 03:52
Well ive been playing around in paintshop and decided to redo the loading bar.
I did it in this color https://img347.imageshack.us/img347/4012/untitled3xs.png .

Its not much but at least im doing something. ~:)

Chilly5
07-13-2005, 13:42
erm, bad news my "final copy" of the doodles got destroyed (dont ask, i have a stupid cousin that i'm living with right now in canada) so they might still have to be postponed . . . but hopefully not. Also, i dont think we should make a auxillery system for a number of reasons:
1. too much work, we keep it simple
2. we should try to keep to the "look and feel" of vanilla, so a auxillery system wouldnt fit
3. its an expansion mod, if we make a auxillery/ZoR thing, we may as well have a total conversation.
4. i think that we should name the atlantean skrimisher to something else, like Atlantean Auxillia or Atlantean Light Auxillia or Atlantean Irregulars, because atlantean peltast or skirmisher just doesnt sound right.

btw-i think we should have one atlantean archer, not a light and a heavy, instead of a light archer, i think slingers would be better, cause i read somewhere that they had slingers in their army (who doesnt . . . .)

King of Atlantis
07-13-2005, 21:07
Well i guess alot depends on if we merge with troy as an expansion.

They should be atlantean irregulars

Yah, one archer and slingers. The archers should be pretty elite and expensive, where the slingers should be cheap and weak.

RTW King
07-13-2005, 22:19
In the expansion it said some units can swim, so maybe Atlantean peasants and stuff should be able to do that since they live on a tiny island in the middle of an ocean.

Chilly5
07-13-2005, 23:36
sadly, we-or at least i am not plannning to make this for the expansion

RTW King
07-13-2005, 23:43
Oh well...

Anyway, would it somehow be possible to copy the movie Troy and make that formation with the shields when the soldiers just go onto the beach.

Chilly5
07-14-2005, 00:12
i think that's some-what immpossible, but it's basically a testudo formation, prehaps troy total war has done something . . . .

RTW King
07-14-2005, 00:24
Could you somehow cross a Testudo and Phalanx, so soldiers in 2nd row put over shield to protect front row.

King of Atlantis
07-14-2005, 01:28
EB couldnt do a sheild wall so probably no.

Chilly5
07-16-2005, 02:12
hmm .. . . .i think i will use the crickeled up versions, i cant seem to draw any better . . . and also, i was thinking of renaming the supreme guard, to GUARDIANS OF THE ELDERS any ideas?

King of Atlantis
07-16-2005, 05:03
Since you want gold and silver gaurds it should sound kinda like that.

Maybe,

Holy guards
elite guards
high guards, my fav..

Chilly5
07-16-2005, 14:08
well, i dont think "guard" sounds good enough for the best inf unit in the game . . .. i'm thinking guardian, it sounds more anceint. High Guardians, that doesnt sound right . . . Supreme Guardians, makes sense . . . Elder Guardians sounds like the guardians are old . . . just Guardians sounds to plain . . . Mythic Guardians . . .? no . . . :help:

King of Atlantis
07-16-2005, 19:20
Supreme Guardians sounds good

King of Atlantis
07-18-2005, 09:48
Are we joining with Troy or not???

Anyways, Chilly are you a big member at twcenter cause we could probably get a subforum there.

Chilly5
07-18-2005, 17:07
i suppose i am a big member at TWC, more than here anyway. I'm a Civities ay TWC so yeah, i guess i'm a big member there. You should PM or ask dark_shadow to find out if we can join, i might PM him at TWC but i'd rather not have our own forums at TWC, i have another major mod at TWC "native america total war" so i dont want to have 2 mods at one site. i would perfer a host here. but if troy can support us then we could just use some extra troy forum. ~:cheers:

i am no done with the infantry from the barracks in concepts. they arnt too great- nothing like waitcu's and definetively not like hoggy's. i'm am now working on the cavalry. whats left is archers, temple, blacksmith, and imperial units. :dizzy2:

Chilly5
07-19-2005, 15:35
sadly enough, troy totalwar has declined so . . . i guess it will be on vanilla :embarassed:

King of Atlantis
07-19-2005, 23:32
Man vanilla just sucks so much though :embarassed: .

Chilly5
07-20-2005, 00:49
yes... this is a most horrid developement, i am sorry... but i am afraid that we must have it on vanilla, possibly BI :embarassed: i PMed darkshadow and he asked what can i do to help and since they really need a modeler and all i can do is skin...he rejected, i am sorry.

in other news, i am starting the cavalry and so far have supreme cavalry down. ~:cheers:

King of Atlantis
07-21-2005, 02:54
i have an idea! maybe we could be an invasion for SPQR. They already got rid of the tracians!

Chilly5
07-21-2005, 03:12
...and replaced it with something else i believe. besides, it doesnt fit with the plot. :bow:

King of Atlantis
07-21-2005, 03:16
not replaced, just left out.

Why would it not fit the plot anymore than vanilla?

Chilly5
07-21-2005, 14:20
er...because it's another mod. troy was best and since not troy vanilla is the last option, prehaps postponing it until BI is ok, as long as we can do vanilla with all the new features in BI

Chilly5
07-22-2005, 02:13
yes, i think this can postponed to BI.

King of Atlantis
07-23-2005, 21:36
yeah, maybe we could even get some new models that might work.

I say we use the new priest unit as an atlantean high preist. ~:)

btw, im going to start writing the faction description. Chilly do you want me to write the units ones or do you want to write those yourself seing as they are your units.

and to explain what happend to the thracians, why not simply rename them thraco-dacian tribes or whatever the rtr name is. I sure they wont mind cause they allow all work to be shared.

Chilly5
07-24-2005, 21:49
Thraco-Dacia? Yes....I suppose it's simple enough, Rename it, prehaps edit the icon/banner and give dacia some thracian units. I'm comming home tomarrow, so i will hopefully be able to put up the infantry sketches, they arnt professional, but they are enough to follow I hope. I am now working on the cavalry and having trouble, I feel that I am losing my artist ablilties, but that may just be because I have a bad pencil and cant find a better one. :book:

King of Atlantis
07-26-2005, 10:14
Alright a wrote the first version of the faction desciption.

https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?p=860798#post860798

Chilly5
07-26-2005, 15:08
I am back in the US, I will post some sketches in the afternoon. ~;) But dont expect anything too great.

King of Atlantis
07-27-2005, 02:24
Chilly and Bp did you guys read the story. What do you guys think.

Chilly5
07-27-2005, 02:34
Ok, I'll read it, I'll post the pics tomarrow, i need my dad's help (i'm young) to get them up and he's not home right now.

King of Atlantis
07-27-2005, 04:03
*chilly I was looking at your old units and i think some of them should still be used. Those silve guard look very nice.

*im going to try and make our forum look cool...

*chilly could you make the faction symbol so that we have some graphics to show.

*Bp making any progress on the map?

*people viewing, please comment it feels like a ghost town in here.

Chilly5
07-27-2005, 15:25
I have no idea how to make faction symbols, I hardly know where they are. I agree with the silver guard, but in my concepts (still brainstorming over the silver guard) the silver guard will change a little, they will have extended shoulder pauldrons, with chainmail draped across the chest and shoulders, a moon crest with a plume on the head and a few other things. I was also thinking of calling them Silver Legions....or Silver Legionaires...but seleucid has them damit, I just dont feel right that atlantis doesnt have a legionarie unit. :dizzy2: As it should turn out, getting the concepts into the comp is harder than I thought, I'll work on trying to get the sketches up.

King of Atlantis
07-27-2005, 19:21
I know where they are, and tried to do one earlier, but im not that good in paintshop and dont even have it anymore. They are in loading screen, then symbols. They should just be like doing skin textures.

Btw, we should add the features of my mod unleashed to this mod.

King of Atlantis
07-31-2005, 00:04
Chilly are you going to put up those concepts?

Chilly5
07-31-2005, 00:31
What is this "unleashed" mod you speak of?

I am having difficulties putting up the concepts, I'm trying to work out the scanner thing (it's very confusing) and meanwhile NA-TW is really making my hands full.

King of Atlantis
07-31-2005, 00:33
Unleashed is a gameplay mod i have been working on, check my sig. I agree scaners are very confusing. ~:cheers:

Slicendice
08-01-2005, 17:04
I would like to add that the fabled city of Atlantis was an actually place and is believe to have existed on the island of Crete. In RTW that Island is called Kydonia. Their civilization was devastated by a volcanic eruption on a sister island that caused an earthquake and tidal wave that subsequently destroyed much if Atlantis and in particular its trade fleet/navy. With their power base eliminated they were vulnerable to attack from marauders and were eventually destroyed.

The Atlantans were the richest and most powerful civilization of their time. They enjoyed a rich culture and standard of living above all others that would not be seen again for centuries. They even had running water, sewers, and paved streets many centuries before anyone else.

Perhaps you should base the Atlantans on Kydonia? It would seem more realistic and historically accurate. Give them powerful naval units with good speed, attack and defense. Let them produce Cretan Archers and phalanx and nice calvary.

Lord Nobunaga
08-01-2005, 17:16
I would like to add that the fabled city of Atlantis was an actually place and is believe to have existed on the island of Crete. In RTW that Island is called Kydonia. Their civilization was devastated by a volcanic eruption on a sister island that caused an earthquake and tidal wave that subsequently destroyed much if Atlantis and in particular its trade fleet/navy. With their power base eliminated they were vulnerable to attack from marauders and were eventually destroyed.

The Atlantans were the richest and most powerful civilization of their time. They enjoyed a rich culture and standard of living above all others that would not be seen again for centuries. They even had running water, sewers, and paved streets many centuries before anyone else.

Perhaps you should base the Atlantans on Kydonia? It would seem more realistic and historically accurate. Give them powerful naval units with good speed, attack and defense. Let them produce Cretan Archers and phalanx and nice calvary.

There's a new and just as compeling theory that Atlantis was in Sardinia, based on the findings of a sophistacated civilization there which speard itself into the Eastern Med in the form of the Sea Peoples, much in the way the Atlanteans invaded the East in the Platonic account.

Chilly5
08-01-2005, 20:08
I thought it was on the sister island called thera, that blew up in a volcano. we'll make atlantis on some island in the middle of nowhere in the east mediterrainian anyway.

King of Atlantis
08-01-2005, 20:53
Slicendice, I was originally going to put it on crete, but it is relly said to be on thera and that would be to small to put a city on. Thus we decided to just put it in the east med. This is a fantasy mod anyways. But, hey your suggestions are very welcome guys.

Chilly5
08-02-2005, 00:01
If it was a fantasy mod, we would have mermaids and floating battle ships.

King of Atlantis
08-02-2005, 00:05
well semi-fantasy. I mean Atlantis coming back is Fantasy. So we are a historically accurate fantsy mod ~D

King of Atlantis
08-03-2005, 07:42
Alright update:

We are going to be a mod for imperium total war. Thrace is already hacked so we have to decided on a new faction.

The new faction to be cut will be illyria. The side story is King of Atlantis nuked them in honor of the greeks.(btw, non of this will probably make since to any of you except chilly ~;) )

Chilly5
08-03-2005, 14:34
WHAT?!!!! No way, atlantis was a joke! We should make it for BI, it makes the most sense, it has all those new features! BI!BI!BI! :furious3:

Chilly5
08-19-2005, 20:47
Concepts: ~D ~D ~D ~D ~D ~D ~D ~D ~D

Chilly5
08-19-2005, 20:49
Armed Recruit:
https://img391.imageshack.us/img391/6806/tmp109rh.jpg (https://img391.imageshack.us/my.php?image=tmp109rh.jpg)

These are the drawings of a 12 year old! Do not expect much.

Bar Kochba
03-17-2006, 13:21
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm is this mod dead by any chance??????

Pewe
03-17-2006, 16:12
Well, I could not draw that well when I was 12...I don't know if I can draw that well now either.

deadcell87
03-18-2006, 06:03
Its probably dead. There hasnt been activity since August. :dizzy2: Thats a long time :skull: .

King of Atlantis
03-18-2006, 19:19
We never got the modeler that we so needed:sweatdrop:

methoz
03-19-2006, 18:35
looks very great :2thumbsup: