PDA

View Full Version : Top Sunni terrorist detained

Tribesman
05-30-2005, 23:52
In the latest crackdown on terrorism and sectarian strife in Iraq the US managed to arrest the top dog today after blowing the doors off his house , they also arrested his 3 sons and 4 bodyguards .
The only problem is the top man they detained was actually Moshen Abdul-Halini , the leader of the Iraqi Islamic Party , the only major Sunni based party that participated in the elections and is commited to the political process .
They have released him and said they are really very very very sorry for the mistake .
Another case of faulty intelligence ? ~;)

Papewaio
05-30-2005, 23:55
Sources?

Man its like the whole operation is run by Monty Python...

Tribesman
05-31-2005, 00:01
Sources?
Yes maybe they should check them ~D .
It's nearly as funny as when they arrested the UN envoy in Somalia because they got the wrong fortified compound and he looked like the warlord they had a photo of .

KukriKhan
05-31-2005, 00:03
http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/news/world/11774849.htm

'Nuther bungle in th' Jungle. :sigh:

I thought I'd read that Iraqi authorities were going to direct these actions.

doc_bean
05-31-2005, 00:09
Kukrikhan they want me to sign up :help:

I find it comforting that the US keeps screwing up like that, it makes all those evil conspiracy theories so much less credible ~D

bmolsson
05-31-2005, 02:57
Was on Indonesian news yesterday evening....

KukriKhan
05-31-2005, 11:59
Kukrikhan they want me to sign up :help:

Tell them you can't go, as you're needed here to help decide the really important issues. ~D

Husar
05-31-2005, 14:10
Kukri, they want me to sign up as well....to see the page of the Kansas City Star. ~;)

I think it was already pretty stupid to announce these big actions everywhere in the news, because we should all know that Terrorists can read news like everybody else and they can simply leave the city before everything is being controlled. Even if the news didnĀ“t spread in Baghdad, a simple phonecall from a fellow terrorist in another part of the world can help, too. ~;)
So if the guy they caught was an important terrorist, I wonder why hw was sitting around in his house, waiting for them to come and catch him unaware sitting on a lot of C4. ~D
On the other hand, he had about a week to get rid of the C4 and store it somewhere else. :dizzy2:

Adrian II
05-31-2005, 21:13
Sources?
Yes maybe they should check them ~D .Maybe some Iraqi hot shot intentionally directed themto this man in order to make the U.S. operation look foolish.

BDC
05-31-2005, 22:52
Anyone else remember the time some joint EU force accidentally invaded Norway?

Tribesman
05-31-2005, 23:53
Maybe some Iraqi hot shot intentionally directed themto this man in order to make the U.S. operation look foolish.
I didn't realise they needed any help to make them look foolish . ~:cheers:

But in truth , maybe he is linked to the insurgency , it just isn't a good move to go and arrest a top politician unless you get the facts straight first .

But getting facts straight has been a big problem in Iraq since day one .

Just think , if he hadn't of been a leading figure how long would they have held him before they admitted they had made a mistake and let him go ?
Could he be waiting 3 years like some of the others ?

Papewaio
06-01-2005, 00:33
Conspiracy theories become far less credible when we realise how poor the information is that our governments have...