PDA

View Full Version : new idea - vassal total war

Shogun_01
06-02-2005, 02:39
i was wondering if this could be done. If you played crusader kings, then thats basically my idea. that game mixed with total war. you can either choose to be a vassel under the kings command, or a king with many vassels. the king would act like the senate in rome total war, running the diplomacy of the country and economy of his state, while all the vassel states take care of themselves. but when it is time for war, the king calls for his loyal subjects to come to war, and they are at every command of their leader. how does this sound to every one? please give your input. :duel:

Shogun_01
06-02-2005, 03:12
also, to make the game more interesting, if you choose a vassel, you can marry kins with the king, then depose him to gain the throne. if that happens all of the kings vassels will challenge that and your acension into civil war begins. the possibilities for a great game are endless. if the kings ask for you and your army to attack a certain faction, then you have to comply or hell declare war on you. it would be set in medieval europe

Belgolas
06-02-2005, 04:00
I don't think you can do that in rome total war.

Myrddraal
06-02-2005, 12:20
Yes, I really think that might be stretching the engine a bit...

Shogun_01
06-02-2005, 22:18
well this can only be done by an experienced modder... any out there think it can be done?

Myrddraal
06-02-2005, 22:25
well this can only be done by an experienced modder... any out there think it can be done?

So basically what you want is:

A system similar to the senate, but where in times of need the senate can directly control its under faction.

A system of marriage, where you can marry your daughters

A system of inheriting the kingdom.

The only way you could reach something close to that would be scripting, and even then I think it would be impossible. Sorry to let you down, but without actually changing the game code it really is very unlikely.

caesar44
06-02-2005, 23:34
So basically what you want is:

A system similar to the senate, but where in times of need the senate can directly control its under faction.

A system of marriage, where you can marry your daughters

A system of inheriting the kingdom.

The only way you could reach something close to that would be scripting, and even then I think it would be impossible. Sorry to let you down, but without actually changing the game code it really is very unlikely.

and there is no one that can change the code :embarassed: ~:eek:

Shogun_01
06-07-2005, 17:14
ill just wait for barbarian invasion, its incorporationg the medieval total wars ability to produce civil war within a nation, that was one of the best features of M:TW