PDA

View Full Version : Classical war music to replace STW music

High Voltage
05-29-2001, 14:08
Thought this would be the best place to ask since I want to change the in game music.

Anyone else hate the battle music for STW? I want some classical music that sets the mood for fighting(like in picketts charge in Gettysburg and the intro in Gladiator). Anyone know of any good classical music songs?

Catiline
05-29-2001, 19:05
You can replace any music you want, in the game provided you've got the wav files, just rename them and replace them in the sounds/music file. THe question really is why you'd want to. the music IMO is very goood and very atmospheric. I suspect anything you change it to would either start cheesy or quickly become it.

------------------
It's not a bug, it's a feature

High Voltage
05-30-2001, 07:18
I guess it's a matter of opinion, but I prefer classical style music. It puts me in more of a fighting mood. Total Annihilation made a good point in this http://www.totalwar.org/ubb/smile.gif

------------------
- A conclusion is simply the place where someone got tired of thinking.
- The only thing we learn from history is that we learn nothing from history.

Laertes
05-31-2001, 00:20
Hrm. Have you tried _Battle Hymn of the Republic_, _Ride of the Valkyries_ or the _1812 Overture_ Or perhaps a particularly martial national anthem -- say, _Le Marseilles_?

They're not exactly in-period, but... *shrug*

------------------
He is justly served; It is a poison temper'd by himself.

Shiro
05-31-2001, 07:11
Naw...I don't want to change the music. Good classical music is indeed stirring, but I prefer the Japanese music. It allows me to be more in the game and therefor concentrate better.

Kraellin
05-31-2001, 10:06
well, i swapped out the original music for the music for the theme of the rocky and bullwinkle show.....moose and squirrel, ho boy!

K.

theforce
05-31-2001, 18:02
Well... there is battle 3 in the music directory but l have never seen it play in the game!!!
And is the best battle music of them all.

------------------
Don't use only honour, use theforce, too.
http://darksideclan.fateback.com
Enter the Darkside...