PDA

View Full Version : Moving your capitol

Mccavage
06-05-2005, 23:07
I'm sure I've missed this somewhere but how do you move your capitol?

Kagemusha
06-05-2005, 23:11
Just look at city information scroll and somewhere at downleft is an button "make this city your capital".

Mccavage
06-05-2005, 23:46
Thank you. ~D

Kagemusha
06-05-2005, 23:53
At your service :bow:

Mahrabals apprentice
06-07-2005, 14:54
I know proximity to the capitol affects happiness in other cities, but does making a city your capitol give that city any advantages? Increased population grow? more trade?

Kagemusha
06-07-2005, 22:19
I think its mostly happines thing.But watch out of moving your Capital to some village because of geography.Your family members will be raised in there and more advanced your capital is more better family members you get. :bow:

Dromikaites
06-08-2005, 09:41
I know proximity to the capitol affects happiness in other cities, but does making a city your capitol give that city any advantages? Increased population grow? more trade?

When moving the capital you should take into account several factors:
1. For finances, it's best to have the capital near a lot of rich cities. Corruption increases with distance, which means if you have your money-making cities far from the capital, you lose a lot of income. So it's a good idea to have the capital in Greece, on the eastern Mediteranean coast (from Antiochia to Jerusalem) or in the cities of Rome or Carthage. This is because those are the best money-making areas. If possible, have the capital in your richest port.
2. It's good to have the capital as central as possible relative to your empire because this lowers the risk of revolts. However, this should be the second criterion, after the "richest area" one.

hotingzilla
06-08-2005, 12:30
I never move for my capitol for tradition reasons.

PseRamesses
06-08-2005, 15:06
I never move for my capitol for tradition reasons.
Playing the Greeks defenitely needs a move too Athens and the Romans needs Rome as a capitol, don´t you agre? Otherwise I´ve never moved a capitol either... for pure traditional reasons ~D