PDA

View Full Version : So far, which console(s) do you plan on getting?

HawaiianHobbit
06-06-2005, 03:23
I plan on getting the Xbox 2(I don't refer to it as 360 because thats a really stupid name) and maybe the PS3, but probably not, so I only voted fot the Xbox.

Here's a nice conparison of the three consoles.

http://hardware.gamespot.com/Story-ST-15015-1939-x-x-

and

http://hardware.gamespot.com/Story-ST-15015-1985-x-x-x

lars573
06-06-2005, 04:12
I always plan of getting all of them. It may or may not work out like that but the future isn't written yet.

screwtype
06-06-2005, 06:50
I won't buy any of them. I waste enough time playing games on my PC already, I certainly don't need a new machine to steal even more of my time!

Anyway, console games are too expensive.

Thoros of Myr
06-06-2005, 07:49
I'm planning to get the PS3 and Revolution but whether I actually do or not depends on a few things. I won't make up my mind until I know the prices of everything, right down to the controllers and memory cards and see what the actual lineup will be for the first few months they are available. If there are no interesting games I won't buy either of them, it's that simple, and is the reason I never bought an Xbox nor want a 360.

doc_bean
06-06-2005, 09:51
Neither, not enough time to play so many games, and like screwtype said the games are too expensive, up to 70€ !

Even the budget games aren't really cheap.

Snowhobbit
06-06-2005, 10:53
Seems like PS3 is the winner sofar, I'd go for the Revolution since I'll only get one of 'em ~:handball:

Nelson
06-06-2005, 14:27
I don't do consoles. I've got nothing against them. They just do not interest me.

It's enough that I must constantly upgrade my PCs.

Big King Sanctaphrax
06-06-2005, 15:29
I'll get a Revolution-I've been a dedicated Nintendoid since I began playing games. Hell, I'd buy it just for whatever Zelda game is developed for it.

The Tuffen
06-06-2005, 16:10
I'll get a Revolution-I've been a dedicated Nintendoid since I began playing games. Hell, I'd buy it just for whatever Zelda game is developed for it.

I have had every Nintendo console up to the gamecube - starting from the NES.

I will prob go with the XBOX 360 as I desperatly want to play Elder Scrolls Oblivion and not sure if my PC is up to it (depends on my CPU)

Fragony
06-07-2005, 09:52
All! But I am most interested in the nintendo, who knows, online streetfighter 2?

The Wizard
06-07-2005, 14:48

Which is exactly why everyone studying marketing should take a look at the generations of people Nintendo has bound to them -- everybody knows Mario, Link and Samus!

Besides, Nintendo makes the best games, period. But the waiting time in between is just too long, so I don't know if it's going to be the Revolution or the PS3. The PS3 has the best RPGs for sure, as well as some cool third party games. But the Revolution has all them Nintendo games as well as the best design of the three.

~Wiz

Dutch_guy
06-07-2005, 16:04
Revolution - if only for the Zelda series - but I don't really bother with consoles anymore , only pc games / software.

Off topic, does anyone know when the new zelda will be released , and for which console ?

:balloon2:

Viking
06-07-2005, 19:56
No PSP? :no:

That`s the only console I plan to buy. :yes:

Craterus
06-07-2005, 20:17
PS3, why bother getting any of the others?

Steppe Merc
06-07-2005, 20:44
Xbox 2. I'm a staunch Xbox fan, and I see no reason to betray them.

Big King Sanctaphrax
06-07-2005, 21:28
Xbox 2. I'm a staunch Xbox fan, and I see no reason to betray them.

What happened to sticking it to the man?! Way to prop up the establishment! What's next, shaving off your hair, buying a suit and getting a job in the city? ~:eek:

Mongoose
06-07-2005, 21:35
Wow, man, you can't like own a console man.

Simplify man...

Steppe Merc
06-07-2005, 21:45
What happened to sticking it to the man?! Way to prop up the establishment! What's next, shaving off your hair, buying a suit and getting a job in the city?
~D
Naw, I like Xbox. Good games. Besides, I wouldn't buy it myself, it would be my brothers. I'll be off in college anyway, so I'll just use the Xbox 2 when I come home for summer.

But I do love Ninetendo. I loved the Zeldas, and the rest of my N 64 games, but to me Gamecube was too kiddy, and the game available and grapics to me seemed inferior. But now, I really want that new Link game with him as an adult...

And I really want to play Oblivion, and not sure if I'll have a comp that would be up for it...

zelda12
06-07-2005, 21:55
Revolution - if only for the Zelda series - but I don't really bother with consoles anymore , only pc games / software.

Off topic, does anyone know when the new zelda will be released , and for which console ?

:balloon2:

The Next Zelda Game is coming out for Gamecube, not sure when but soon, maybe by the end of the summer. This time though its going to be what it was promised in the teaser movie they originally released back when the GC was about to be released. ~D

You can guess which one I'm going to get can't you? I may also get a PS3 but if I do it'll be a long time after release when the price has gone down.

Byzantine Prince
06-07-2005, 22:37
I think the new console games are very speculatory. I wish they would make the console more expensive(it's true market price) instead of overpricing crappy games that are virtually worthless. Well that's an exageration but still they need to put a little more effort into them. 80$CND is insane for a single game. I know what they are doing, they are trying to get their money back with this philosophy: *If they buy the console they HAVE to buy the games, so why not make the console cheap and then overprice the game ouf this world*. I'm absolutely positive this is their plan and I will take no part in it. It's very deceiptful.

The SNES was really fun when I was younger and it's probably the only console I can stand to play to this very day. The PC is king though, although I'm soon getting me a super kewl new laptop with 2.8GHz. to play RTW on. That's the life for me.

Chimpyang
06-08-2005, 13:19
Well Microsoft are going to lost about $60-$70 on every 360 they sell apparently so i think they've definitely gone down that route. But....I may get the Revolution look at the back catalogue for it!

Snowhobbit
06-08-2005, 14:36
Actually the new Zelda will be coming out during Christmas, atleast in the US and Japan :book:

Steppe Merc
06-08-2005, 21:32
Another reason why I'd want 360: it might be backwards compatible.

Snowhobbit
06-08-2005, 22:04
The Revolution is also rumored to be backwards compatible, although I'm not sure, I haven't exactly been looking for information, to busy reading and playing ~:cheers:

Thoros of Myr
06-09-2005, 04:00
The revolution is confirmed to be backwards compatible, not only with the GC (it accepts GC disks) but also with every nintendo console back to the NES. Though only first party games are confirmed to be available for the NES/SNES/N64 library so far. Nintendo said other games will be available on a game by game basis.

The Wizard
06-09-2005, 11:41
It's my genuine opinion that The Wind Waker was better than Ocarina of Time. Wait a minute, flog me after I get my shield. ~;)

Anyways, personally the bad thing about the GC was simply the fact that it had a lack of games of the genres that are made by third-party developers: RPGs, action-adventure, and yes even race games such as GT4. Especially the lack of good RPGs on the GC is the biggest problem for me. SquareEnix gave the GC FF: Crystal Chronicles while them lucky PS2 players got FFX. Sigh.

That's why I don't know. Revolution for those amazing Nintendo games, or PS3 for the amazing level of choice and the great RPGs? I'll tell you what, online Super Smash Bros. and that online library of every Nintendo game since the NES is a real pro for the Revolution!

~Wiz

Fragony
06-09-2005, 12:07
The revolution is confirmed to be backwards compatible, not only with the GC (it accepts GC disks) but also with every nintendo console back to the NES. Though only first party games are confirmed to be available for the NES/SNES/N64 library so far. Nintendo said other games will be available on a game by game basis.

You will be able to play NES games over the internet, and I read somewhere that the revolution aims for revolutionary online support. What I am hoping is that they will be a system that let's you play the old NES games with other people over the internet, that would be so awesome. ANYONE who thinks he can beat Fragony when he controls Blanka will suffer!

The Wizard
06-09-2005, 12:25
OMG think of it -- that old Mario Bros. game where you had to kill the turtles that came out of the pipes on the top of the level by hitting the brick under them with a jump, online! Or the original Super Mario Kart!

~Wiz

Steppe Merc
06-09-2005, 12:42
Ooo... How about Zelda Orcarina of Time Multiplayer? One could be Navi, the other Link... ~D

It's my genuine opinion that The Wind Waker was better than Ocarina of Time. Wait a minute, flog me after I get my shield.
Gah! No! :flogs Wiz:

And it's good that the new Nintendo will be backwards (though I don't have any Gamecube games anyway....) But will it really be able to play my old N64 and SNES games? That would be awesome....

Fragony
06-09-2005, 12:49
OMG think of it -- that old Mario Bros. game where you had to kill the turtles that came out of the pipes on the top of the level by hitting the brick under them with a jump, online! Or the original Super Mario Kart!

~Wiz

OK it's on, never mock me. Streetfighter2 you brat! And all these lovely sidescrolling shooters, COOP you understand???

how dare you!!!

Steppe Merc
06-09-2005, 20:35
I'm not sure he was making fun of you...

The_678
06-14-2005, 21:47
I'm getting PS3 for sure, no question about it, probably at release. I am seriously considering getting a revolution though because I have always loved Nintendo, but the gamecube just seemed to kiddy. I was actually saddened that playstation was so much better (for games never graphics,hopefully graphics will now be better too) because I really love Nintendo, but I got converted to playstation and I am a loyal playstation fan now and have thought it's the best system the last 2 generations and it is looking to be the best again next-gen

But damn Street Fighter 2 online would kick so much ass.

Azi Tohak
06-16-2005, 03:57
The only console I have ever purchased promptly was the GameCube. Make no mistake, I love it and I have some fantastic games for it (SSBM, RE 4, MP 1 and 2, ToS), but I am not convinced by any of the next generation of systems. I love my RPGs so the PS3 is probably a good bet (I have my PS2 because of the great old Square RPGs like FF VII and Xenogears), but the XBOX 360 is going to have hundreds of those @#$@#&@# FPS I get so sick of so fast.

Then there is the revolution...I just don't know. I want to know what EXACTLY is revolutionary about the darned thing, and also if the download will be for EVERY game the big N has ever put out, or just the Nintendo games made. I would love to play FF VI on a TV, rather than my emulator, but will I be able to?

So the short answer is I have no clue!

Azi