PDA

View Full Version : BI..Your first campaign........

The Hun
06-06-2005, 21:57
Who will you play as and why?

Bhruic
06-06-2005, 22:36
I'm going to go out on a limb here, and guess that your first campaign will be as the Huns. No reason. Just a shot in the dark. ~;)

Bh

Ice
06-06-2005, 22:40
I'm going to play as the Eastern Roman Empire, then the Western, and then the Huns. I like the Romans best.

professorspatula
06-06-2005, 22:48
I'd want to see the starting conditions of every faction before deciding, although controlling the Western Roman empire in its darkest hour is appealing. I've never given the Romans much of a go in the original game. Being on the receiving end of massive hordes of barbarians and trying to hold-on to an established empire sounds interesting, and would make a nice change from starting with little and building up, like every campaign currently consists of.

That said, any opportunity to lead barbarians against the Romans is good, so I expect some Germanic tribe would be my next preferred choice.

RabidGibbon
06-06-2005, 23:18
I'm looking forward to playing the saxons and seeing if I cant build me a new nation across the seas.

I hope there's going to be some sort of incentive for the barbarians to invade in the directions that they actually did, kind of like the glorious achievements in M:TW.

All in all it looks good!

Wishazu
06-06-2005, 23:19
i will be playing as the Vandals, because they ran the romans ragged for about 100 years and my clan is The Vandal Horde :)

Conqueror
06-07-2005, 10:14
I guess I'll play the Sassanid empire. Looks like the they're the only civilized non-roman faction, and they're the Persians making a comeback so that's cool. Not to mention that they have elephants ~:cool: Perhaps I'll first grab the Middle East and then expand north of Caucasus to the steppes and strike the Huns in the back when they're busy fighting other factions...

Productivity
06-07-2005, 10:28
Probably the Romans, as CA in their infinite wisdom will probably make us play a roman campaign first again.

cunctator
06-07-2005, 11:53
Probably:
Western Roman Empire
than maybe Eastern Romans, Sassanids or Huns.

Ianofsmeg16
06-07-2005, 11:57
Romano-Britons, then Eastern roman empire, after that?? huns or sanassids.

Al Khalifah
06-07-2005, 12:12
Probably the Romans, as CA in their infinite wisdom will probably make us play a roman campaign first again.
And then we in our infinite wisdom will mod the descr_strat file again :bow:

Monk
06-07-2005, 12:15
I'd go for Eastern Roman Empire. The Byzantines were always my fav in mtw and it will be a thrill to play as them in an earlier time. After that I'm going for the Huns ~D

PseRamesses
06-07-2005, 12:25
I think I´ll go with Ghost908: East empire, West empire, Huns

edyzmedieval
06-07-2005, 12:49
The Eastern Roman Empire....They are also my fav in MTW ~D

scorillo
06-07-2005, 12:50
no doubt in my first campaign i will play Western Empire...can`t wait to crush those huns!!...i hate huns

Burnzy
06-07-2005, 13:30
Huns, because I love cavalry :charge: :charge:

Lancome
06-07-2005, 13:47
I would definately love to play as the Franks or the Vikings.

Viking
06-07-2005, 14:01
And then we in our infinite wisdom will mod the descr_strat file again :bow:

Not necessary anymore ~:) :

Fortunately, you don’t necessarily have to play as the Romans! BI includes 10 brand new playable factions, (and some more that you’ll get the chance to meet during the game).

Hopefully is it possible to play those unplayable.

Looks like the they're the only civilized non-roman faction, and they're the Persians making a comeback so that's cool. Not to mention that they have elephants ~:cool:

Agree with Conqueror about civ. and eles.
Ironically enough what I don`t like about BI is all the barbarians. :dizzy2:

I think I`ll play either the Vandals(exciting history) or Sassanids(eles) first time, perhaps even the eastern roman empire who`s now looking more greek and persian like.

Simply can`t choose. ~D

The Stranger
06-07-2005, 14:38
i'll play ROME, cuz i'll be attacked from all sides. maybe they aren't the most interesting, but legionares are always fun, and now they're the hardest insted of the easiest.

Rodion Romanovich
06-07-2005, 14:39
Goths or Sarmatians, depending on where their starting positions are!

First I'm going to stay at my starting position and take on the entire hunnic horde by myself, and then, when Attilla and his men are all dead or at least have surrendered and become my protectorate, I'll create 3 full stacks and move them towards Adrianople and from there on to Rome, killing all roman armies I meet on the way and replacing my casualties with mercenaries. I'll not conquer a single city on the way (at least not more than 2 or 3), but I'll conquer Rome, and exterminate the city, tear down every building in the city, and then move my armies on towards the Iberian peninsula, where I'll settle down and create a new empire. Then I'll try to conquer all settlements between the new empire and my starting position where I still have troops and settlements left.

My second campaign will be probably be as the east roman empire or the sassanids. It's been a while since I last got to use cataphracts... Of course, I'll not allow myself to create a single army with more than 4 cataphracts in it. The rest will all be infantry... I'll first conquer the entire Middle east and Asia minor area, then I'll send some full stack armies around on expeditions. One will conquer all North african and Spanish cities and tear down all buildings, then leaving the cities to revolt. A second one will do the same thing in the Balkans and the Italian peninsula, and a third one will go to Britain doing the same thing.

The Stranger
06-07-2005, 15:06
wait yuo wear a NTW sig, are you on the NTW forums, if so what's your name there.

Soviet_AK-47
06-08-2005, 01:05
I will play as the Eastern Roman Empire, than the Sassanids, and then the Western Roman Empire, followed by whatever barbarians I choose. I love the Eastern factions, just for the geography.

:army:

Marquis of Roland
06-08-2005, 02:38
Whichever one is hard and has interesting units......

Divinus Arma
06-08-2005, 05:10
All of them, wait no... yes all of them! hee hee heeeeeeeee
*grins widely and menacingly, under a dim light with shadows falling across his face*

The smell of blood, the pale white texture of severed skin, the wet heat of a fresh corpse.

It is good that War is so awful, lest we become too fond of it.

Ygragrh!

Grhhhggllargh. Grhug.

scorillo
06-08-2005, 08:53
i didn`t quite understand.....the european release of BI will be in august or october ??

Dark_Magician
06-08-2005, 09:09
ROME. That's right, I ave a strong suspicion that you'd be expected to start building barracks and initial buildins in Rome since the city wouldn't have any considerable tech. I predict it would have stone walls. This would create antipathy.
Unlogical, but according to previous experience this is how it is usually done.

Zatoichi
06-08-2005, 10:01
I've got to say I'm leaning towards the Eastern Romans - cataphracts and all that fun! I always enjoyed playing them in MTW after all - watching the campaign map turn purple was always pleasing to the eye.

As for the Western Romans, after playing the Roma mod for RTR, I've had my fill of being besieged on all sides by stacks of mad hairy barbarians. Temporarily at least...

I don't know which barbs I'll play as first - but the shield wall, 'fire-and-forget' berserkers, and the horde ability all look excellent additions.

Above all though, I'm looking forward to finding myself in the position where I think everything's going fine, only to be presented with a civil war due to some pesky govenor claiming he's the new emperor. Man, I've missed that!

tibilicus
06-08-2005, 15:33
I hope to play the Saxons or Vadals first. I can't wait to kill those romans...... But if Romano-Britons become availible through moding e.c.t I shall play them. I ruled the world as briton in MTW,I did the same in VI, And also i am on the brinck of doing it in RTW, Now Its time for Briton the rule once more!

Aetius the Last Roman
06-08-2005, 16:13
Seeing as General Aetius did fight Attila at Chalons, I'd like to play as the Western Romans first and then go Attila-style on Western Europe.

Plus I figure the Western Romans are going to be like playing as HRE in MTW, seemingly powerful on paper but broke and surrounded by enemies.

Then the Byzantines because they were one of my favourite factions in MTW.

antisocialmunky
06-08-2005, 19:22
Me thinks that the trainer campaign will probably be a Hun one, atleast not Western Empire since that seems too overwhelming as a trainer campaign.