PDA

View Full Version : no banners on campaign map

masp_82
06-12-2005, 13:22
Hi !

I have seen a preview screenshot and noticed, that the armys on the campaign map have no banners. Is this a bug because this is a screenshot from the beta mod or is it a feature ? I mean it would be nice when you cant see the strength of the army from the colour of their banner and so you have to send a spy to discover how many soldiers this army has. Would things make more exciting, dont you think ?

Also, is it possible for the EB team to create custom historical events for the campaign or are they hardcoded ?

Finally, after release of the expansion, will EB be patched and made compatible to the xp or will there be an new EB mod only for the expansion ?

Greek_fire19
06-12-2005, 13:38
Well, I'v seen screenshots without unit banners, but I'v seen screenshots with unit banners also, so I imagine it's like RTW vanilla.

If you go to the preferences.txt file in your RTW folder you can turn banners off and on. I'm guessing EB will be the same. I usually play with them off. Its not really a big deal though.

masp_82
06-12-2005, 13:55
yes, in the preferences i can turn banners off, but only for the battles and not for the strategy map. On the strategy map, when for example a julier army has all stacks full with units, then the banner of this army is full red. Is it only the general travelling across the map, then the banner is empty. In my opinion its not possible to turn these banners off or have i something overseen ?