PDA

View Full Version : Province and province map

celtiberoijontychi
08-27-2001, 08:47
Are provinces "attached" to specific maps?

Could you assign a given province a custom made map in a campaign?

If this was possible, then we could really make "custom" campaigns, like a desert war or a winter campaign in russia or Alexanders conquest of Persia.

This Alexander campaign could have the Shimazu Island as "Greece" and the mainland as "Persia".

------------------
Long live Celtiberos
Glory and Honour to Clan Celtiberos

Khan7
08-27-2001, 11:04
Well, I certainly hope this is possible, it would be very cool :-)

------------------
Khan7

Whitey
08-27-2001, 23:27
I've had a look and although I am not sure, I believe the map of Japan is un-alterable, the only map files we can see are maps with all the provinces in a different colour to distinguish, but these appear to be for the throne room and the 'jump-map' on the strategic board...if anyone has found different please say - I'd love to see it...

celtiberoijontychi
08-28-2001, 08:29
No no that's not what I was asking.
What i mean is: are the provinces in the strategy map (wich i know are unalterable) "linked" to a specific tactical battlemap?
Does Shinano always have to be the known shinano map? Couldn't I have a castle in Totomi? Or no bridges in Owari?
Or even a completely different set of tactical maps linked to the provinces in the strategy map?

08-28-2001, 10:37
each province has a map with corresponging name, so as long as you keep the names right...

------------------
''I know what I believe. I will continue to articulate what I believe and what I believe—I believe what I believe is right." geowge W —Rome, July 22, 2001

Khan7
08-28-2001, 10:46
Jaydee is probably very right, good thinking. Just copy in your maps over the (backed up) old maps and you're good to go.

------------------
Khan7

CeltiberoSkullXIII
08-28-2001, 14:57
HOLA IJONTICHY!!! HAHAHAHAH

Whitey
08-28-2001, 17:43
I need a lesson in communucation skills http://www.totalwar.org/ubb/smile.gif

celtiberoijontychi
08-29-2001, 02:27
Whitey: LOL

Skull: Hola Skull!!!

Aquí estoy haciendo de Shinobi para tenernos a todos al díaaaaaa

Ya veo que también te has apuntado al proyecto secreto eseeeeee, ojalá que nos admitan a los dos, aunque tú compites conmigo en la traducción al alemán y al español, como me dejen fuera te mato jajaja es broma

------------------
Long live Celtiberos

celtiberoijontychi
08-29-2001, 02:33
Good idea JD

But a little bit complicated.

Have you noticed that, though we can edit a lot of things, it will be quite annoying always having to edit nd backup lots of files i order to switch from one campaign mod to another?

Maybe this editable files are the rests of a campaign editor wich couldn't be finished by the Devs before the release date, maybe they'll release it later, as they probably will program one for Crusaders anyway.

------------------
Long live Celtiberos