PDA

View Full Version : AI moves my troops when ends turn

Capt Herlock
09-05-2001, 15:18
In MI,how can I stop AI from keep moving my troops in the strategic map when I end a turn?

Chiyonofuji
09-05-2001, 18:06
Yeh, I have the same problem sometimes. I think it has something to do with a blue ring and arrow "shadow" that appears around the armies base when you place it in a new province. If you see this shadow, the unit will move next turn. If you pick up and put down the unit until the shadow disappears then the unit will not move. This just goes to show how poor the user guide is for MI, as there is no explanation for any of the changes from the old STW and new features.

TosaInu
09-05-2001, 18:14
Konnichiwa,

The only move I know is that the AI 'repositions' the units within a province. But I never saw the AI moving my units from province A to province B. At times it might look that way, but then a unit is inside province A, but with big part of his foot inside province B: the AI will move it completely into province A if possible.

Also if province A is loaded with some 30 icons, some icons are forced to be somewhat inside province B (the unit is still in A). When you move some 20 units from A to province C, there will be more room for the outer units to be in province A and the AI will reposition them in A.

This game is a very proper housewife/man.

If something different happens, describe your problem please.

------------------
Ja mata
Toda MizuTosaInu
Daimyo Takiyama Shi

http://www.takiyama.cjb.net

celtiberoijontychi
09-06-2001, 02:28
maybe this has something to do with the new features?

I mean when you move an army to a distant province and the AI moves it by itself until it arrives to the destination point.

Maybe you moved to a certain province and then to a different one and the ai thinks the first one is your destination province.

Arrgh, I cant explain what I mean, hope you understand it http://www.totalwar.org/ubb/smile.gif

Terutora87
09-06-2001, 03:08
Actually, it is a new feature. When you pick up a unit to move it, you see a yellow tinge on terriories you own that it can't reach yet. If you put the unit on one of those, then it will move to that place on it's own over time, saving you from having to move it there yourself each turn.

celtiberoijontychi
09-06-2001, 08:18
One question: since the AI seems to forget it can use ports, I wanted to know if this feature uses ports.
In original STW, when you send a ninja to kill a priest in a far province, the stupid ai would let him march through half of japan instead of using ports.
Does the army use ports?
If not, this has to be addressed in the patch. CA will decide what will be done in the patch on monday, so plz answer me so I can post it in the relevant "petition" threads.

Thanks!

Capt Herlock
09-06-2001, 10:55
Well, this actually happened to me the first time I play MI with a previously saved game. The Oda attacked on of my province which I had enough troops to defend it, but as I pressed end turn AI moved all of my troops away and I end up loosing that territory.
The problem seems to have gone away after I restart the whole game and now I've won back that province.

hecose
09-06-2001, 19:15
Yes, your armies / strategic units do use ports to travel to its destination. But I find that I still prefer to move them turn by turn because if I don't I will forget which one I ordered to go to which province. So I'll just do turn by turn. It also gives me flexibility to change my mind about where to send a unit.

Chiyonofuji
09-06-2001, 20:44
Yes, I have found that when you order a ninja attack now in MI you have to leave the ninja where he is, and he makes his own way to the target buy the best possible means. If you try to actually place him in the target province (if he's not already in it) you are asked if you wish to cancel the mission. When you say NO he returns to where he was. So, this does simplify ninja use.