PDA

View Full Version : AI Issues

Alexander the Pretty Good
06-25-2005, 21:07
Yup. The hot-button issue. Artificial Intelligence.

I know you guys have been dealt a lame* AI, but in testing how has it held up? Dumber than Vanilla? Smarter? And has the hinted-at "cool stuff" made it more difficult for the AI? Cause some of the whispers from you guys sound pretty complicated - which is good for the player, but screws over the AI.

Anything interesting in this department?

*And by lame I mean lamer than an overweight, one-legged pig that has been lit on fire and launched from a catapult into a stampede of heavily armored elephant. ~D

jerby
06-25-2005, 23:22
i thougt eadingas said he had actually lost a campaign. dunno if this speaks in favor of EB, or in disgrace for eddy...

Dux Corvanus
06-25-2005, 23:52
Don't forget ninjas are sweet. They're flipping out and cutting heads ALL the time... ~:)

jerby
06-26-2005, 16:38
i still laugh and lauhg whne i read that site. escpecially seppuco (suicide) with a frisbee. what is teh link again? when did the 'ninja's are cool too' crap start? at aboxix?

Dux Corvanus
06-26-2005, 17:16
what is teh link again?

http://www.realultimatepower.net/index4.htm

http://www.realultimatepower.net/ninja/ninjasig.jpg

Moros
06-26-2005, 20:00
Well to awnser the question, I haven't really seen a really different AI but then again perhaps it's not ready yet. but yes the campaigns are harder. I don't really know if it's the Ai but also the rebels can be more then just annoying now.

jerby
06-26-2005, 20:19
thats nice, and by nice, i mean totally sweet [/ninja-talk] how is the campaign harder?lower unit costs for the 'enemys'? or is agressivness improved somehow?

btw dux, that kidiot actually got sewed. he's 10 years old... ~:eek:

anonymous_joe
06-27-2005, 00:08
When you say campaigns are harder, do you mean for the player only? Or will AI nations suffer just as much?

Greek_fire19
06-27-2005, 00:37
Yes, I too sometimes lie awake at night wondering whether the more difficult rebels will mean that AI factions remain small and unthreatening thereby making the campaign an endless war against countless rebel factions.

Still - I have faith. ~;)

Moros
06-27-2005, 20:35
Well the Ai is improved and the rebels are more difficult, for now it slows down both the other AI factions at the start and the player but fighting ohter AI factions can be much harder. But ofcourse it still needs some tweaking at some points but let me say this don't worrie you'll like it.
I enjoy playing the beta much more then vanilla or the normal RTW already and even more features and units,... are comming.You'll see when the public beta comes out.