PDA

View Full Version : mods questions - help please

sassbarman
10-03-2001, 05:42
I'm not that computer savy, but I do think I understand the game we all enjoy playing.I don't play multi player much just s.p. campaign and I have some questions about game mods. Bear with me, I assume that means game modifications and if so is it possible to alter building costs. I'm finding s.p. game in m.i. alittle easier than the original stw mainly because of cheaper building and upgrade costs. However, I do like being able to produce and use units such as heavy cal. earlier in the game when they could actually make a difference.So I thought a good compromise would be to leave the dojo and dojo upgrade costs the same and just increase the cost of building a castle.If you increase the cost dramatically, lets say to 1000 koku for initial castle and maybe a similiar cost for subsequent castle upgrades, it would certainly make you think carefully where you want to build one. It would also make it much more devastating to lose one especially a fortress or a citadel. This could all be moot, but if this is unchangeable, please respond I would really like to know.

BSM_Skkzarg
10-03-2001, 07:04
Sass...
Try posting this in the MODS forum - thats where your likely to get an answer. In fact, I expect this thread will be moved there shortly. And sorry - but I dunno the answer to your question, but I think it would cause you some tough decisions - but would bet that you would not ever see the AI tech up due to the cash flow needed.
Qapla!

------------------
BSM_Skkzarg
"A mind is a terrible thing to taste."

Catiline
10-03-2001, 07:06
The cavalry is here, everyone's picked up on this moving hting tonight, first Jag now BSM_Skkzarg LOL.

THis is being moved to Editing, mods and patches (http://www.totalwar.org/cgi-bin/ubb/forumdisplay.cgi?action=topics&forum=Editing+/+Mods+/+Patches&number=5&DaysPrune=45&LastLogin=)

------------------
Oderint dum metuant