PDA

View Full Version : Age of Hellas (RTW Ancient Greece mod) First beta release

Laridus Konivaich
07-04-2005, 18:08
Age of Hellas, the ancient Greece mod for RTW has put out its first beta release, which includes all new units for four factions, and an entirely new campaign map. You can find more details, including a download link here: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=28525

Radier
07-04-2005, 18:11
Wohoo! ~:cheers: Great work, will download it now.

caesar44
07-04-2005, 21:40
Where we can see the map ?
the 4 factions , please name

Laridus Konivaich
07-04-2005, 22:09
The four factions are: Argos, Corinth, Ionean Cities, Persia and Thebes {I have a bachelor's in mathematics, and am a CPA}

The best place to see the map is in the beta! There are not any current screenshots of it online, sorry.

skeletor
07-05-2005, 14:31
:duel:

Superbe, can't wait to try it..

-Skel-

Al Khalifah
07-06-2005, 11:13
Will test tonight. Looks cool though.

snevets
07-06-2005, 23:58
I was excited to see this released, because I'm interested in this period. I did some work on my own Greece mod awhile ago, but I ended up abandoning it for a different one after I made only a few units. Anyways I tried the mod and it doesnt work. Show err came back with a problem in descr event images.txt, that faction defeated by player isnt recognized. Any ideas?
Snevets

Laridus Konivaich
07-07-2005, 01:14
I think that it might be because you didn't install the mod over a clean 1.2 installation of RTW? I think that some people who were using 1.0 or 1.1 had this issue.

Al Khalifah
07-07-2005, 09:40
Started as the Thebans last night and haven't experienced any CTDs as of yet.

Have found numerous instances of old faction icons appearing though and all unit cards and unit description pictures are peasants. I assume this must be a known issue.

Pretty fun so far. Got in a major ruck with the Atheneans almost instantly. Strategic battles are quite hard without unit cards, but that will hopefully be resolved soon.

The Theban army is very inflexible.

snevets
07-07-2005, 22:24
Obviously you guys know you have alot of work to do, what with unit cards and such. That said however, the skins and map are awesome. The biggest problem of course is the limitation of units, and the lack of enemy units which makes playing as Thebes boring. As Corinth however, I was really impressed by the new units and had a great time fighting Argos. Clearly there is much to be done, but this signals to me that this mod is truely destined to go far. If, by the way you need any help with unit cards, descriptions or even movies (as I realize you already have lots of skinners and that probably eats most of your time) pm me, ill help if you need it.