PDA

View Full Version : unlocking all factions?

fester
07-04-2005, 18:55
I've completed the Roman campaign and unlocked the other factions but I keep hearing people talking about playing factions I cant, how can I unlock the rest?

PyrrhusofEpirus
07-04-2005, 19:20
You can simply modify the "descr_strat" text file which is located in yours game folder: eg "C:\Program Files\Activision\Rome - Total War" and at path "...\Data\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign".
Open the file and you will see the the list of playable factions as follows:

playable
romans_julii
romans_brutii
romans_scipii
end

The list of unlockable factions as follows:

unlockable
egypt
seleucid
carthage
parthia
gauls
germans
britons
greek_cities
end

And the list of unplayable factions as follows:

nonplayable
macedon
pontus
armenia
dacia
scythia
spain
thrace
numidia
romans_senate
slave
end
Simply cut all the factions names from the unlockable and the nonplayable section and paste them in yhe playable section. Don't move the "slave" = Rebels faction.

Lancome
07-04-2005, 19:30
OK, its there another way to Unluck the Unlockable ones By playing the game?

Afro Thunder
07-04-2005, 19:44
Nope, you have to edit the text file to unlock the normally unplayable factions. By the way, if you want to play as the Senate, don't click on the Senate Info tab. That'll crash the game.

Kekvit Irae
07-04-2005, 20:45
Don't move the "slave" = Rebels faction.

Dont move the senate either, unless you like a buggy game.

jacked
07-04-2005, 22:03
how does it work out with the senate?

TonyJ
07-04-2005, 22:32
You can play it, but just don't try using the Senate screen cos it will CTD. Also becasue the Senate was never desinged to be played, the general experience of playing them will be full of problems.

I do believe that there is a single download available that unlocks all playable factions: it's called the Completed Factions Mod but I can't for the life of me remember where I got it.

Anyone?

Dutch_guy
07-04-2005, 22:51
here is the link to the complete factions mod:

Complete faction mod (http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=7899&highlight=Complete+faction)

enjoy ~:)

:balloon2:

jacked
07-04-2005, 23:06
so in this mod did they make missions for the senate?

pezhetairoi
07-05-2005, 00:56
I don't think so from my memory of it. The Senate doesn't need to give itself missions...it just does what it wants. :-D

Horatius
07-07-2005, 00:14
Do the senate bugs stay when your not playing as the senate?

For example will the game crash if I click on the senate info tab as the Scipii after playing as the senate?

Dutch_guy
07-07-2005, 10:36
no when playing as other factions you will not encounter any bugs you might get when playing as the senate.

@ Jacked :

so in this mod did they make missions for the senate?

the link I gave was just a mod so that you could play all the factions , which you would otherwise have to unlock by changing the files of the game.
The mod doesn't really have anything to do with the senate, other than making it a playable faction.

:balloon2: