PDA

View Full Version : This has been in my mind for ages...

Max Payne
11-09-2001, 23:12
This is what I want to play on for ages:~

Unit Morale : Attack/defense/ armor/ price
Monk-ey 6 : same / same / same / 550
No-dachi 8 : hold -1/ same / same / 300
Naginata 6 : same /hold +1/ +1 / 400
Yari Sam 4 : hold +1/hold +1/ same / 250
Yari Ash 1 : same /hold +1/ same / 075

Arch Sam 3 : same / same / same / 300
Arquebus 2 : same / same / same / 125
Musketeer 3 : same / same / same / 375
X-bow 2 : same / same / same / 100

Heavy Cav 7 : +1 / same / +1 / 600
Nagi Cav 7 : same / +1 / same / 500
Yari Cav 6 : same / same / same / 475
Arch Cav 6 : same / same / same / 450

Please give your comments, and discuss about what phenomenon will be seen after it is implemented and whether the number of warrior monk and gunman will still make a half in the battle.

The table will be changed from time to time, better now? or worse? Seems like the foot-soldiers have a more reasonable price for their function. I'll read more of your suggestions. Btw, I'm not familiar with altering the cost technically, anyone know how?

So I heard that it may give a totally different experience of the game if we leave the ashigaru to be like 1/6 cost of average samurai cost as suggested. I myself think it's rather good and i have made it like that, and for that, I have lowered its morale.

In particular, I have an idea about the archery unit. I suggest strengthening them, as well as diversifying them.

On their strength, I hope to see about 1/10 of yari samurai will be shot dead in a medium penetrating power.

On the diversity, there are two matters, range and pentrating power.

the range in descending order as light samurai then cavlary archer then x-bow man, and
the pentrating power as x-bow then cavalry archer then light samurai.

For our patch.

[This message has been edited by Max Payne (edited 11-11-2001).]

Scotticus TheGreat
11-10-2001, 00:18
Ummm... looks good, yeah, sure I guess... I can't really decifer that... but looking good!

Vanya
11-10-2001, 02:51
[Scratches head...]

BakaGaijin
11-10-2001, 03:26
Meh.

As I understand it, you can do that by modifying something or other.

------------------
Disappear into the Darkness!!

Puzz3D
11-10-2001, 05:16
Max Payne,

Looks good, but I would leave the monk at morale=8, leave the naginata attack the same, leave the Yari Ashi defense and morale the same, leave the Nag Cav defense the same, raise the Nag Cav price to 500, and put +1 on the Heavy Cav defense. Not sure about the Yari Sam. You might be making them too strong there. The musk will still be overpowered. You could double their cost.

I think your changes would play better than than what we have now. Cav would be better able to defeat monk/gun armies.

MizuYuuki ~~~
Clan Takiyama ~~~

Max Payne
11-10-2001, 21:49
Quote Originally posted by Vanya:
[Scratches head...][/QUOTE]

That's an alternate stats, anything else you don't get?

puzz3d, sounds good, but two things.
I really don't think the morale of monk should be kept high or they'll be forever there unquestionedly. Second, the Heavy cavalry to get at least +1 attack, or give them a charge bonus that is equal to the anti bonus of yari samurai to them.
i don't know what suitable words/explanation to give, but just imagine fighting a man on a horse with a weapon of the same length of your opponent. Just recall your memory of the cavalryman charging over maximus in the GLAdiator. although the cavalry+man were killed http://www.totalwar.org/ubb/frown.gif!! ..nevertheless maximus was also hurt.

BakaGaijin, but i want to play this in MP. :0
is it still possible to have a stats like that? coz i really don't know how, plz tell me.

Scotticus, so glad that you think alike. http://www.totalwar.org/ubb/biggrin.gif http://www.totalwar.org/ubb/biggrin.gif

BSM_Skkzarg
11-11-2001, 02:05
Folks - this is mods discussion - doesn't belong in here. I expect it will be moved shortly.

Please remember, many who post in here do not use mods, or use them on VERY rare occasions. The other forum is the proper place for this.

Qapla

------------------
BSM_Skkzarg
"A mind is a terrible thing to taste."

LordTed
11-11-2001, 07:52
Quote Originally posted by Vanya:
[Scratches head...][/QUOTE]

Keep it up the good work. What ever it is http://www.totalwar.org/ubb/smile.gif

------------------
"What did he say"

"Play LordTed"

"Oh its that fool"

Shiro
11-11-2001, 08:02
Quote Originally posted by BSM_Skkzarg:
Folks - this is mods discussion - doesn't belong in here. I expect it will be moved shortly.

Please remember, many who post in here do not use mods, or use them on VERY rare occasions. The other forum is the proper place for this.

Qapla

[/QUOTE]

A genius! To Editing/Mods/Patches (http://www.totalwar.org/cgi-bin/ubb/forumdisplay.cgi?action=topics&number=5&SUBMIT=Go).

Whitey
11-11-2001, 09:45
obviously, apart from destroying the 'muskets in rain' "feature" in Mongols, raising musk costs to 400(!)koku would be welcome...

Heavy Cavalry...
-1 defence, +2 attack, +1 Armour (on original stats) would be my choice...
I like the YariSam cost up and stats up...however I would go further (in a perfect world)

Tone guns down to 1/2 present strength and retain a 250 koku price-tag, raise all Samurai koku costs by x2 and half all Ashigru koku costs, leave the Ashi as it is but bump all Samurai stats to reflect a x6 increase over their previous stats (leaving a 150% advantage over ashi to make up for cheaper armour/weapons on the ashi)

In a 4000 koku battle (which I would suggest as default for these stats), the player chooses an army which *has* to be mostly Ashigru otherwhise they simply won't be able to afford the units, however Samurai are *better* for cost than Ashigru, somewhat evening out the Teppo Ashigru situation.

Just my thoughts...

Kabuki-San
11-11-2001, 10:48
'Scuse me for sounding dumb... but, how do you change the price value of a unit type??

Whitey
11-11-2001, 22:53
you can't

I was saying 'in a perfect world'