PDA

View Full Version : Asian Project

TheMagicalMan
07-05-2005, 12:59
Hello Gentlemen,

My name is The Magical Man & I am a member of a new modding group called The 2 Blind Morons I am here to inform of our first project. Currently Named "The Asian Project, this mod will aim to enhance the soon-to-be-released Babarian Invasion. We are still in the planning & research stages, but this mod will aim to add several new factions and will hopefully extend towards China & maybe Japan.

The objective of the campaign for this mod will likely NOT be whatever the Babarian Invasion, but will likely have the simpler abjective of capturing 40-60 provinces. This is because it would be rather pointless to attempt to get factions in the Far East to take Rome. Every faction will likely have further objectives of their own.

Details are still being decided, & actual work will unlikely be able to start until the Babarian invasion is released in Britain(August sometime).

The 2 Blind Morons are me(The Magical Man) & Count Vlad.

Please keep an eye out for further news (likely to be posted in the Modding section) & any contributions are welcome.

The Magical Man & Count Vlad

ichi
07-05-2005, 15:44
Welcome to the Org Magical Man :balloon2: :balloon2: :balloon2:

Sounds like you are working on an interesting project

ichi :bow:

TheMagicalMan
07-05-2005, 18:59
Ichi,

Thank you very much for your warm welcome.

We are hoping that this project will be interesting, realist, and, most of all, a fun experience for everyone.

All,

We shall post further details when they have been confirmed. After that time, we will be welcoming all contributions.

Also, anyone who wishes to take a more "fuller" part in building this mod will be gratefully accepted. Please email us at theasianproject@btinternet.com.

Thank you.

The Magical Man

PseRamesses
07-05-2005, 19:26
We are still in the planning & research stages, but this mod will aim to add several new factions and will hopefully extend towards China & maybe Japan.
Since you can only use 21, or rather 19, factions which ones of the existing ones will you delete to make room for the Chinese, Japanese, Indians, Mongols? etc etc?

The objective of the campaign for this mod will likely NOT be whatever the Babarian Invasion, but will likely have the simpler abjective of capturing 40-60 provinces. This is because it would be rather pointless to attempt to get factions in the Far East to take Rome. Every faction will likely have further objectives of their own.
Sounds like a good idea since a map size that you are planning is utterly hopeless to micromanage and/ or conquer. Are you planning maximum amount of provinces?

Papewaio
07-06-2005, 01:29
Interesting, most interesting.

What would be cool is if the scales changed as you go.

First off local villages and towns. Take the province then province vs province.

Then country vs country.

Then continent vs continent.

The campaign would move up in steps as the sides scale up.

TheMagicalMan
07-06-2005, 10:43
"Since you can only use 21, or rather 19, factions which ones of the existing ones will you delete to make room for the Chinese, Japanese, Indians, Mongols? etc etc?"

-As I said, we are still attempting to figure this one out. What may (most unfortunately) have to happen, is that we have to to have 2 separate maps, one for the Asian area, & one for the European area. We are hoping that it doesn't come down to this, and we are still figuring out our full range of options for this problem.

"Sounds like a good idea since a map size that you are planning is utterly hopeless to micromanage and/ or conquer. Are you planning maximum amount of provinces?"

-Yes, we hope so, however, once again we may have to split the map into two parts. This won't be too much of a problem, but would still take away the main aim of a lartge map.

"Interesting, most interesting.

What would be cool is if the scales changed as you go.

First off local villages and towns. Take the province then province vs province.

Then country vs country.

Then continent vs continent.

The campaign would move up in steps as the sides scale up."

-I'm not entirely sure wat you mean, a little more clarification, perhaps?

The Magical Man

TheMagicalMan
07-06-2005, 13:06
2 things:

1. Our email for requests has changed, please email to theasianproject-requests@yahoo.co.uk For contributions, please email theasianproject-contributions@yahoo.co.uk

For general emails & queries, please either ask in this thread, or email us at theasianproject@btinternet.com.

2. Could an administrator or moderator please move this thread to the RTW modding area, Thank you.

The Magical Man

countvlada
07-06-2005, 13:19
Anyone wishing to join the modding collective posted by
my associate the magical man should email theasianproject@btinternet.com
anyone wishing to contact count vlad should email theasianproject-countvlad@yahoo.co.uk

COUNTVLAD

KukriKhan
07-06-2005, 14:20
Moved to The Forge forum, on request.

TheMagicalMan
07-06-2005, 16:41
Thank you very much KukriKhan.

The Magical Man

TheMagicalMan
07-06-2005, 17:08
A few editions & edits to this, here is our email list:

theasianproject@btinternet.com - Project HQ

theasianproject-requests@yahoo.co.uk - Requests for people wanting to help in a "full-time" basis.

theasianproject-contributions@yahoo.co.uk -People wishing to contribute work.

theasianproject-countvlad@yahoo.co.uk - Count Vlad

theasianproject-themagicalman@yahoo.co.uk - Me(The Magical Man)

Also, for more info on The Asian Project, please read the thread labelled the asian project(also in General Modding), before contacting us.

The Magical Man

TheMagicalMan
07-06-2005, 17:21
[QUOTE=PseRamesses]Since you can only use 21, or rather 19, factions which ones of the existing ones will you delete to make room for the Chinese, Japanese, Indians, Mongols? etc etc?

UPDATE:

We believe that there is JUST enough room for the factions on the Full map from Europe to Japan. We are, however, still debating & deliberating on how we shall be incorporating the several Chinese states, Indian empires, & Germanic states. Also, one historical point is that the "Mongols" didn't appear for a long time. We are starting at 375 ad, therefore the Huns, who originated from Mongolia, will be in control. We are still trying to decide how we split the Huns up, as in reality, there were 2/3 different Hunnic "groups", Those who still lived in Mongolia, Those who were starting to settle in Europe, etc. We know that most mods would put the Huns as one tribe, but we are thinking of every possibility.

Thank you for all your interest.

The Magical Man

TheMagicalMan
07-06-2005, 17:32
One thing I would like to enquire about the forum, is how the heck do edit my posts, I would liketo have been able to place my update on the 1st post, so as to save space & to make like easier for others, however, even though I am fully registered, at the bottom of the page, it is saying "You may not edit posts", why is this?

Thank You

The Magical Man

countvlada
07-07-2005, 13:16
Our current thoughts are to do some major expansions to the map so it includes japan and maybe even africa and cape horn
This will also include making new units, battlemaps, new Campaign aims, etc. This will create a very large variety of fighting styles, etc.

For this, we will need further skilled indivisuals to aid us with this Project. Anyone interested should email us at theasianproject-requests@yahoo.co.uk.

for anyone wishing to find further infotmation should email theasianproject@btinternet.com
anyone wishing to contact me (countvlada) should emial theasianproject-countvlad@yahoo.co.uk

information on the mod will be posted on this thread by me or the magical man

COUNTVLADA

Jimmytwohand
07-07-2005, 13:35
One thing I would like to enquire about the forum, is how the heck do edit my posts, I would liketo have been able to place my update on the 1st post, so as to save space & to make like easier for others, however, even though I am fully registered, at the bottom of the page, it is saying "You may not edit posts", why is this?

Editing is a perk aquired with "member" status. Junior members do not have the facility. An introduction in the entrance hall and some cut-and-thrust debate in the tavern should get you closer to the member mark. Or...some moderator may take pity on you..... ~;)

TheMagicalMan
07-07-2005, 17:23
"Editing is a perk aquired with "member" status. Junior members do not have the facility. An introduction in the entrance hall and some cut-and-thrust debate in the tavern should get you closer to the member mark. Or...some moderator may take pity on you..... "

-Thank you very much. I shall do so, I just find annonying that I cannot edit my 1st post to add updates, etc.

O well.

The Magical Man

waitcu
07-08-2005, 14:00
magical man are you from England ?
btw , could you release some screenshot of the units and map .
what' s more , could you tell me the background of the mod ,i mean the history etc.

TheMagicalMan
07-09-2005, 14:19
magical man are you from England ?
btw , could you release some screenshot of the units and map .
what' s more , could you tell me the background of the mod ,i mean the history etc.

Right,
1. I am from England.

2. Map will not be started fully until more research has been done.

3. Unit rosters & images will not be done until we know exactly the units we will be dealing with & can therefore balance the game more, while keeping it as realistic as possible.

4. The game is set at 375 ad, like the babarian invasion. However, the map will hopefully extend towards China & Japan & will include INdia, etc. research is still being conducted & updates will be made as more info is gathered, perused & the bits we need picked from the info.

5. History of the period is foggy in some places, but the basis in Europe will be the same as Barbarian invasion, with possibly a few minor changes. Ie, the Roman empire is beginning to wane, Barbarian forces are advancing on Rome, & the Huns have arrived in Europe after a long journey from the Mongolian region. In India, the Gupta dynasty is in control of the North, & is pushing on, In China, several dynasties are fighting for control, while Japan is finishing off Korea. We cannot get much info on Russia, but we are still searching & are putting the pieces together, & we have not had a good look at central Asia yet.

This will be a long project, but will hopefully have such a large diversity in virtually every aspect, that it will be very much worth waiting for.

Hope this will be suffice for you for the moment.

The Magical Man

dark_shadow89
07-09-2005, 14:47
Magical Man, do you have a forum of some sort? I'd like to post some concept art for you guys...maybe sign up as a concept art researcher?

waitcu
07-09-2005, 15:32
well magic , as i know in china 375 AD is Eastern Jing Dynasties with sixteen kingdoms . so if you want to create a that , i think the system of rome is not promise . what's more the jappenese still in stone age they still don't know how to make iron . in 400 AD (may be ) a faction called DAHE conquered the island . and found the first Dynasty in japan . in 375 ad , it didn't fight with Korea .what's more jappan accept more china's civilization from korea .
and if you want some unit's photo of china soldier . you can come to my sub-fourm in TWC . http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=72
and enter CONCEPT ART Thread . you will found the photo .

TheMagicalMan
07-11-2005, 22:09
"Magical Man, do you have a forum of some sort? I'd like to post some concept art for you guys...maybe sign up as a concept art researcher?"

-Thank you for your interest, our forum/website is currently under construction, but will be availible in the near future, but please feel free to email meat theasianproject-themagicalman@yahoo.co.uk - attatch any concept art & images you want to.

"well magic , as i know in china 375 AD is Eastern Jing Dynasties with sixteen kingdoms . so if you want to create a that , i think the system of rome is not promise . what's more the jappenese still in stone age they still don't know how to make iron . in 400 AD (may be ) a faction called DAHE conquered the island . and found the first Dynasty in japan . in 375 ad , it didn't fight with Korea .what's more jappan accept more china's civilization from korea .
and if you want some unit's photo of china soldier . you can come to my sub-fourm in TWC . http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=72
and enter CONCEPT ART Thread . you will found the photo ."

-Yes, China is a problem, and we are currently in discussion about what we are to do about it.

Thank you for your info on Japan, based on that, we shall probably scrap including Japan, clearly our sources for Japan were un-reliable.

The concepts in the forum may be helpful, thank you for pointing me to them.

The Magical Man

waitcu
07-12-2005, 02:50
if you got any china or jappan history question . i think i can offer some help .

i think you should choose a period , that china is conquerd by one faction . like Westen Han B.C 206─A.D 9 . at that time , in my memory , just have no more than 6 factions beside china . inculding huns and other west factions and south barbarians.
and the jappan send their first ambassador in 57 BC, and become a feudatory of china(i don't know how to describe in english , i think it must be said china accepted a country was far from mainland china , and accepted a barbarian faction submit to him .) .and japan began to get many china's civilizations from then on . well , i think japanese was so friendly as a barbarian than now :(

dark_shadow89
07-12-2005, 06:00
Will this mod encompass both Europe AND eastern Asia? IF so, I'd suggest a later, medieval date, perhaps 1400s? This was when both sides were fairly united, etc. That Han Dynasty start doesn't sound too bad either, except for the fact that the Japanese would then be quite...uncivilised as yet. Up to the 2 Blind Morons though! ~:)

waitcu
07-12-2005, 17:53
good idea .but at that time , many war machines were invented . how to create so many machines that would be a great problem .

TheMagicalMan
07-13-2005, 13:01
Thank you for your ideas, we shall certainly consider them.

Will post more info when we get it.

The Magical Man

TheMagicalMan
08-11-2005, 19:07
First & Foremostly, can I apologise for lack of communication. This is due to Count Vlad being away on Holiday, & that my home internet connection has been down.

Thanks for all your suggestions, however, we are going to stick with a 375 ad start as this means there are not too many war machines that need to be done(which would be too much trouble, we feel), & provides a good point in history, as China is in civil war, & the Roman empire is beset by7 the Sassanids, Huns, goths, etc. all in competition. This mean not too many European factions, which gives us further room for factions in China.

We are unlikely to include Japan, etc. but for the future, at 375 ad, the Yamamoto ruled most of Japan as well as Southern Korea.

We are currently researching for the campaign map. This is a painful process and any contributions to theasianproject-contributions@yahoo.co.uk will be greatly appreciated. remeber that the start date is 375 ad.

Also, we could do with more text editors, skinners & modellers to speed the process along. again email us at theasianproject@btinternet.com.

Thanks once more.

The Magical Man

TheMagicalMan
08-28-2005, 19:01
Can I please request that all who wish to comment, question, or help The Asian Project, go to our new sub-forum on www.rometotalrealism.com click on the forums link on the left & scroll down. It is named The Asian Project.

The Magical Man

King of Atlantis
08-28-2005, 19:12
Hello, is India in this project if som our mods can most likely help eachother out...

TheMagicalMan
08-29-2005, 11:00
Yes, India is included in this project. I'm sure we can help each other out enough, what date does yur start? Ours is at the new date of 395 ad.

Thanks,

The Magical Man