PDA

View Full Version : Lazy people.

IliaDN
07-08-2005, 09:48
IMHO , there are too much threads here on the same topics ( squalor, rebels etc )
People ( ! ), don't be lazy and don't clone already existing threads , use google to find what you need.

InsaneApache
07-08-2005, 10:09
My my someone did get out of bed on the wrong side this morning .... :mellow:

Oaty
07-08-2005, 10:54
That's only half the rule, digging up a month old topic is bad too. IMO if it's not in the first 2 to 3 pages it needs a new topic. Plus I don't read every topic if it's been overstated or doesnt look interesting I don't click it.

So don't click it no matter how tempting it is ~D

antisocialmunky
07-08-2005, 13:16
Don't we have a sticky thread that's filled with links to all the useful threads?

I'm to lazy to check, I I thought the Org did. :inquisitive:

*edit*

Just checked, and the colloseum doesn't have one. Still doesn't excuse people from jumping into Ludas Magna or another forum, perhaps it's the name or something...

I doubt it would change anything if we directed them to another forum via sticky or something, new people would still post questions here. Its not like other boards are free from this problem.

Marcellus
07-08-2005, 17:54
I would agree with Oaty. If it's not on the first few pages then its too old to be talked about, and a new thread should be started (plus it would take too much effort to trawl through every single thread in the forum's history seeing if it's similar to one you want to start ~:) ).

Viking
07-08-2005, 20:07
Chill out Ilia :bow:

The Colosseum seems to have died out a bit, so for me doesn`t it really matter that much, and I can`t see that many double threads either. ~:cheers: :balloon2:

antisocialmunky
07-08-2005, 22:15
Well, there are alot. Copy-threads seem to jump up in a monthly cycle so... It's the copy-threads that circulate weekly that are a problem.

Marcellus
07-08-2005, 22:26
If you think that a thread is a 'copy-thread', then just don't post in it! People who haven't read the previous threads can then post in them.

TheSantaBarbarian
07-08-2005, 23:17
Also, Google search is problematic at best. The number of irrelevent hits you get often far outnumber the useful ones, even with careful wording of the search expression.

antisocialmunky
07-09-2005, 02:50
If you think that a thread is a 'copy-thread', then just don't post in it! People who haven't read the previous threads can then post in them.

I never said that repeating threads monthly was bad. I just said that the ones that happen weekly over and over again, resulting in the same threads on the same pages is a problem and adds to clutter ~:handball: .

Slug For A Butt
07-09-2005, 02:54
I guess there are a finite number of questions that people need to ask. There wouldn't be too many threads if people didn't ask these same questions on a regular basis. It doesn't cause me a problem, I can just skip the thread if I'm not interested.

Krauser
07-09-2005, 03:20
This is a forum for help about single player so I am going to ask questions about single player. I didn't see a rule about not being able make a new thread because the topic was already discussed many weeks ago.

07-09-2005, 03:58
Open a new thread if you want. You will get a response quickly, or spend a couple of hours in the old threads looking for the answer. Ask away people I have a full fridge of brewskies.

IliaDN
07-09-2005, 07:00
This is a forum for help about single player so I am going to ask questions about single player. I didn't see a rule about not being able make a new thread because the topic was already discussed many weeks ago.
There are more full answers on topic when theme appears firstly on forum , because more people participated in discussion ...

Marcellus
07-09-2005, 11:15
the ones that happen weekly over and over again, resulting in the same threads on the same pages is a problem and adds to clutter ~:handball: .

Shouldn't the moderators be closing these sorts of threads down and referring people to old threads?

antisocialmunky
07-09-2005, 12:44
Its not like other boards are free from this problem.

In truth I was exaggerating, but sometimes it does happen. And like I said, it's best not to dwell on things like this because it happens everywhere so let it.
:duel:

bippukt
07-09-2005, 17:23
People like me who have just joined the org don't know about all the facilities available here. The org is just too big. It isn't easy to find the topic you want to know about in a search. Plus there may be new people more than willing to indulge in the discussion of topics which were discussed long ago.
Yes, the first discussion is usually better than the later ones, but most people don't like searching a lot for what they want. Sometimes I have already read about the topics about which I want to have a discussion, but I may be unsatisfied with that and want more in-depth knowledge or simply want to know what most of the others think about it. In that case I guess that I am justified in posting a new thread.
I don't visit Ludus Magna often because I find it somewhat intimidating for a relative newcomer like me. But I visit the RTW guides section frequently and urge all newcomers to give it a good, hard look. I found it very useful.