PDA

View Full Version : looks like you have your work cut out for you.

Mongoose
07-15-2005, 00:37
Just check the 3D Unit Profiles :dizzy2:
http://www.totalwar.com/community/rtwbi.htm

Any way, good luck sorting this mess out....

Steppe Merc
07-15-2005, 00:44
That is why we may not use BI... ~;)

Malrubius
07-15-2005, 00:46
I love the unit of D&D Clerics! Can they cast Cure Light Wounds? ~:)

Mongoose
07-15-2005, 00:46
That is why we may not use BI...

Yeah, just look at this...

Q. Which things that are currently hardcoded do you plan on changing (e.g. number of men per unit, faction limit, number of factions that are controlled by the Senate?)
A.None. The way factions are managed is more flexible now, but that's something that most people won't notice. Actually, the Senate is gone in BI; by the late 300s they were no longer a significant force in Roman politics, so they won't be 'controlling' anyone.

~:mecry:

*edit*

I love the unit of D&D Clerics! Can they cast Cure Light Wounds?

No, but they can cast a spell that creates a huge monster to help their allies.:wink:

Chilly5
07-15-2005, 01:15
REALLY?! *hopes* wow, i have to get those priests! ~:eek:

Big_John
07-15-2005, 01:37
as long as they can turn undead, i'm cool. cuz', i mean, you know the huns are going to be bringing the zombies.

Afro Thunder
07-15-2005, 02:35
These Catholic War Priests are also equipped with a +5 club that does 30 Spiritual Damage and 7 Physical Damage. Remember that, it might come in handy when you need to convert some pagans. :dizzy2:

Chilly5
07-15-2005, 02:37
i thought the huns were bringing the mutant ninja turtles? and the sassanids were bringing the zombies? *checks some crazy game magazine* oh-but it's the Franks we will have to watch out for *looks around* *whispers* they have toothpaste *gasp* ~:eek:

King of Atlantis
07-15-2005, 03:21
EB must make EB 2 for BI, or else :furious3: ..........I might not buy it.

Mongoose
07-15-2005, 04:19
I am not buying it if EB doesn't mod it. And i am not playing RTW until EB releases their open beta :sad:

Damn EB previews! :furious3: Now i can't play vanilla RTW with out yawning! :furious3:

JimBob
07-15-2005, 06:18
If the monks at anytime start to hit themselves while chanting I will laugh then inexplicably start crying. I mean MONKS!!??!! Druids were bad but acceptable, but #$@#$&$%#&* monks?

Spongly
07-15-2005, 07:24
To be fair in Dark Age Britain at least there are LOTS of examples of monks being present en masse on the battlefield praying for victory. Off the top of my head, there are the 1200 monks that Aethelfrith of Northumbria butchers at Chester, and there's the battle of Cul Drebene at which St Columba and many other monks are present praying for one side's victory, for which he is exiled (or chooses voluntary exile anyway). In fact it makes a lot more sense than druids really.

Chilly5
07-15-2005, 13:30
but were they holding F***ing barbaric clubs?! :furious3:

Birka Viking
07-15-2005, 14:27
hehehe *lol* ~:cheers:

Steppe Merc
07-15-2005, 15:34
Monks fought, but in normal units. And they usually didn't use clubs, but maces (since swords split blood, and they couldn't do that...)

And Spongly, how much can just praying effect a battle?

Mongoose
07-15-2005, 17:24
I need some help...they enemy have resorted to saying "Give me a source that states the did NOT use clubs"

How are you supposed to fight THAT? :dizzy2:

Steppe Merc
07-15-2005, 17:43
You don't. You just laugh at their stupidity. ~D

Alexander the Pretty Good
07-15-2005, 23:20
And Spongly, how much can just praying effect a battle?

Secular view: prayer and the presence of monks or other members of the clergy would boost the morale of soldiers, since they would fell that they had God on their side.

Personal view: while the morale boost exists, praying for victory could help if God answered those prayers.

Though as a unque combat unit its rediculous, according to my limited knowledge and unlimited assumptions.

I am not buying it if EB doesn't mod it. And i am not playing RTW until EB releases their open beta

Mongoose, I hear you on BI, but I recommend you try Rome: Total Realism 6 when it comes out on the 22nd. It should be very good, or at least a nice change of pace. Think of it as a Rome: Total Bandaid. ~D

Mongoose
07-16-2005, 04:04
RTR is good too. i do plan on trying it...but they kinda messed up the faction/unit names...IMHO.

Also, they have replaced the gauls with the global celtic league :dizzy2:

King of Atlantis
07-16-2005, 04:49
global celtic league

You should P.M them to name it that ~D

but, in fairness to RTR i look foward to playing the global celtic league.