PDA

View Full Version : Roma Immortalis Mod: From Dioclezianus To Barbarian Invasion Released

dragases80
07-15-2005, 04:45
Hi all

excuse me for my poor english

We are a little group of italian modders. We would to release on this forum our little mod, Roma Immortalis, based on the post-Dioclezianus era, with the Roman Empire ruled by two Augusti and two Caesari, who governed four roman prefecture: Praefectura Italiae, the part of Empire which includes Italy,Noricum and the carthaginian north africa.Praefectura Galliae, the part of Empire which includes France, Spain, Portugal, England and Marocco. Praefectura Illyrici, the part of empire which includes the whole balcanic peninsule. Praefectura Orientis, the part of empire which includes Anatolia, Sirya, Palestina and Egypt

The other playable faction in this mod are

Franks
Saxons
Vandals
Goths
Gaeli
Sasanid Empire
Mauri
Huns
(no more senate)

We are not very able modders, but we try to do our best; anyway we tried to make a new type of strategic gameplay, with no more invincible army (no more phalanxes). Be kind with our work ~:)

SPECIAL THANKS TO ARCANI FOR HIS MOD LEGIONARY EAGLE STANDARD !!! :bow:

THE WHOLE MOD WAS MADE IN RTWITALIA FORUM, AND THE WHOLE MOD IS COMPLETELY IN ITALIAN...IF SOMEONE WOULD TRANSLATE THE MOD, HE CAN DO IT FREELY

The mod includes a total conversion of Banners, Standards and Symbols, a complete single player campaign with a new map, 113 new units with a complete system of ui cards and ui cards info

HOW TO DOWNLOAD ?
we have not a web space that host our mod, so we share it with Emule. To download Roma Immortalis Mod you must install Emule (here you can freely download this program http://www.emule-project.net/home/perl/general.cgi?l=1&rm=download) , connect to Razorback 2 server, then copy this link

ed2k://|file|RomaImmortalisv1.0Install.exe|19402604|141F1C6E620006BE4BB30781834E561E|h=PRV3EWWKMCVVJ5K4YE6F ENQB2NYA5APY|/

and paste it in the address bar in internet explorer and press go at the right of the bar, the game is done, you just have to wait to download the mod (i am connected 24 hours on 24 )

INSTALLATION
the file is autoextracting, so it' very easy to install Roma Immortalis in your folder or Rome Total War. The only thing you have to do is TO DELETE THE FILES MAP.RWM AND MAP_HEIGHTS.HGT IN THE SUBDIRECTORY DATA\WORLD\MAPS\BASE !!!

If any problems occurred i am here to try to give an answer

Thank you all

~:cheers:

ROMA IMMORTALIS TEAM
CAIUS GRACCUS (ME)
SEMPRONIUS SABINUS
MARCUS FELIX

King of Atlantis
07-15-2005, 04:51
Im sure the org/twcenter would host your mod. I would enjoy playing it if it was in enlglish.

dragases80
07-15-2005, 04:56
KING OF ATLANTIS...THANK YOU FOR THE ANSWER :bow:

ANYONE WHO WANTS CAN TRANSLATE THIS MOD

ANYONE WHO WANTS CAN HOST THIS MOD ON HIS WEB SPACE

THANK YOU ALL

dragases80
07-15-2005, 04:59
HERE ARE SOME SCREENSHOTS

https://img31.imageshack.us/img31/4764/screenscampagna3li.jpg[/URL]

https://img31.imageshack.us/img31/9208/screenscampagna5sc.jpg[/URL]

https://img31.imageshack.us/img31/8861/screencamp24bg.jpg[/URL]

https://img31.imageshack.us/img31/7430/screencamp34vo.jpg[/URL]

https://img31.imageshack.us/img31/6821/screenbattle33rm.jpg[/URL]

King of Atlantis
07-16-2005, 01:41
To get hosting space just PM an admin.

nice screens btw ~:cheers:

dragases80
07-16-2005, 03:52
AGAIN THANK YOU KING OF ATLANTIS !!! :bow:

dragases80
07-16-2005, 04:16
Here is the link to directly download Roma Immortalis Mod

http://rtwitalia.interfree.it/downloads/roma_immortalis_v1.0.zip

hi all

King of Atlantis
07-16-2005, 05:10
I tried to download you mod, but winzip keeps on saying it failed. ~:confused:

Duncan_Hardy
07-16-2005, 10:32
Great looking mod ~D

I'd love to translate, but my Italian is very poor (even worse than my Latin, which is saying something) and I'm already a translator for the Chronique de la Lune Noire team.

Well done though ~:cheers:

dragases80
07-16-2005, 12:32
King of atlantis try now the download

i test it now and it seems to work... ~:confused:

Hi ~;)

dragases80
07-16-2005, 12:39
Duncan if you want i can help you a little

i speak a poor english but i'm italian

you speak a poor italian but a great english

~;)

Trajen the 1st
07-16-2005, 20:54
This looks very interesting. I think the map should be bigger to incompase the Sassanids.(and they didint have Arabia BTW)I'd also like to see a version of this mod were its the east and west senerio.

Atheist_Peace
07-16-2005, 21:00
Looks very cool, i think you couldve made the map a little bigger but still, very cool. Do you have any plans of translating it to english soon? If not i will just play it in italian but it would be better in english.

dragases80
07-17-2005, 11:50
Ok i 'll work for english translation...

anyway you can download the mod, so you can tell me what you like and what you dislike

ok ???

hi all !!! ~;)

dragases80
07-17-2005, 11:54
excuse me.... i forgot

the map we have used for this mod is the original one, with some new provinces; we have no permission for using mundus magnus' map , and we had no time to make a new map, but we are creating it now...so there will be a new map (larger map) for Roma Immortalis

Thank You ! :bow:

Atheist_Peace
07-17-2005, 16:26
Alright i will download it, i cant right this minute but definitely today (im in america so big time difference though) and i will give you some good feedback. Also, about the map: You mentioned the mundus magnus map, if you are making your own map, dont extend it to the south at all because it will just create a bunch of territories that AI factions nearby can unhistorically take and gain power. Make sure to extend to the east and extend it up so scotland is there.

Just some suggestions and good luck.

Atheist_Peace
07-17-2005, 16:40
I cant find a server called razorback 2 in emule...

Atheist_Peace
07-17-2005, 16:46
Im sorry i cant find the right file, if you guys get it hosted on the web somewhere id love to download it though. Try Totalwarcenter.net

How big is the file?

dragases80
07-17-2005, 17:18
HEY ATHEIST

YOU CAN DOWNLOAD THIS MOD DIRECTLY FROM http://rtwitalia.interfree.it/downloads/roma_immortalis_v1.0.zip

OR FROM THIS PAGE

http://www.freeforumzone.com/viewmessaggi.aspx?f=42923&idd=3148

HI ALL

Atheist_Peace
07-17-2005, 18:04
Thanks i will DL it right now, looks very good.

Atheist_Peace
07-17-2005, 18:29
downloaded and installed, i will PM you later with some feedback about the mod.

edit: the campaign does not work, im gonna try to fix it but you guys should see if it is something you did wrong because if it is no one will be able to play

It is a problem with the region Flavia_Caesariensis, I am trying to locate the problem

dragases80
07-17-2005, 20:13
atheist i forgot

to play campaign you have to delete two files in data\world\maps\base .

they are map.rwm and map_heights.hgt (pay attention because there are two files named map_heights ; YOU MUST NOT DELETE map_heights.tga, YOU MUST DELETE map_heights.hgt)

hi

Ciao

dragases80
07-17-2005, 20:15
it's strange, on the italian forum there were not problems with the campaign...

could it be a language problem ???

Atheist_Peace
07-17-2005, 22:08
I wouldnt think you would need to delete those files to start but i will try it, maybe it is a language thing, i will try to get it working and if not i will wait for the english version.

actually it could be the heights.hgt file, one second and i will tell you if it works

Nope, i just get the same error about the same settlement

Atheist_Peace
07-17-2005, 22:21
Well Custom Battles dont work either, i think it probably is a language thing.

KingJo5
07-17-2005, 23:53
Ciao,
I can help out with any translating, italian is not my first language but i live in a household full of italians and converse in the language everyday,
I can easily translate a lot of the descriptions for the units as long as the work is provided for me, i can work at any time and pace, must be quick though i go to italy soon for a holiday.
Between, i love this mod and think it has the potential to do very well with the english community,
Bravo!!!!

Atheist_Peace
07-18-2005, 00:22
Yes this mod could be very sucessful, definitely post a thread at twcenter.net when you translate it because many there will be interested.

dragases80
07-18-2005, 03:18
Ciao Kingjo

Ok you have my permission to translate (i f you want ~;) )

thank you for the BRAVO !!!

ASPETTO TUE NOTIZIE !

:bow:

KingJo5
07-18-2005, 10:29
Ciao
I have been playing the mod for most of the night :D
And, i must say i am most impressed with standard of work on offer, i love this period of history as being one of my favorite times in the Roman Empire,
The skins are great, and this mod has the potential to be up there with the hosted mods out there.
I have began to translate a lot of the descriptions however this is a lot of work,
I have seen the italian community do very well, but i cant help but think that there is a lack of communications, this mod has the qaulity to be in the hosted mods section,
If so, i offer my serivces to your team, i have 5 more days till i tour italy, so i eagerly await news, i suggest you speak to the admin here to host your mod, then that would give me better communications with yourself and the english speaking community, i can skin and script, and there are many imporvements i can suggest to you,
allora, ora devo andare dormire, ho giocato il tuo MOD tutta la notte !!!
Buonafortuna!
KingJo5

SmokeAndMirrors
07-18-2005, 11:12
I'm downloading your mod right now... ~:cheers:
It seems to be cool :cheesy:
Soltanto un consiglio: fagli più pubblicità, anche su altri siti come twcenter o totalwaritalia.com ;)

dragases80
07-18-2005, 16:09
GRANDE KINGJO !!!!

if you want you are welcome to Roma Immortalis Team

tell us what you want translate, so i'll try to help you.

Tell me what you want me to translate and i'll try to do...

Ok ?

this is my personal email

rutellismcv@libero.it

Bye ~;)

dragases80
07-18-2005, 16:28
Smokeandmirrors

I'll try to publicize this mod... if you want you can help me ! ~;)

Ciao ~:cheers:

SmokeAndMirrors
07-18-2005, 21:19
I guess I have a problem: the download is very slow and it stops before it is completed... Moreover I did not understand the right process to download it through emule!! Help please, i do want this mod :)

KingJo5
07-18-2005, 23:44
Ciao -
I will contact you as soon as possible - i really want this mod to do well with the english speakin community- I shall make a start on faction descriptions, and send them to you when they are ready it shouldnt take too long, i have to be quick though as i have holiday in italy coming soon :P Napoli

Allora,trasmetterò il email quando le prime descrizioni sono rifinite, io proverò ad essere esatto quanto possibile, dopo, potete aiutarli con gli errori.
Buona foturna con la nuovo mappa!
devo giocare il mod ~:cool:
ciao

P.S. anyone who wants to help out with other parts of the mod are welcomed to do so and perhaps we can join work, im going to be workin on the faction descriptions on the campaign

Trajen the 1st
07-19-2005, 03:26
So how popular is the Mod in the italyian speaking commuinty anyway? ~:)

dragases80
07-19-2005, 03:27
dear smokeandmirrors

it's strange you found problems in download...maybe the server was busy???

the site was temporarily offline, you can try now

at this link

if you want download by emule, this is the way :

1) download Emule

2) Install Emule

3) connect to Razorback 2 server (it is not necessary !)

4) open Internet Explorer, then copy this whole link
ed2k://|file|RomaImmortalisv1.0Install.exe|19402604|141F1C6E620006BE4BB30781834E561E|h=PRV3EWWKMCVVJ5K4YE6F ENQB2NYA5APY|/

5) paste this link in the address bar of Internet Explorer

6) click GO at the right of the address bar

7) Wait

8) Enjoy ~;)

Let me know if you find problems

Ciao

dragases80
07-19-2005, 03:30
Kingjo

I live in Napoli where i study law in a house with some friends !!!

SmokeAndMirrors
07-19-2005, 09:19
Thank you Dragases80, now it is all ok.. I guess the server was very busy yesterday..
Ps. Io sono di Roma e un pò di inglese lo conosco, se serve una mano con qualche testo ci sono ;)

KingJo5
07-19-2005, 20:55
Hi Dragases80
Im leaving for France on Saturday - going to Normandy to study the D-Day Landings for a week - so im really looking forward to it - however during this period however i will not have acess to a computer, so unfortunatley i will not be able to continue with the translation,
i then return to england for a few days, so ill get sumthing done then,
then, i land off at. . . Napoli :P and make my way to the mountains to visit my village of Calabritto in Avellino , i shall have acess to a computer, so in the evenings i can get some done,
this is good practice for me and my linguistic skills, i love the italian language, being of english born, i know how lucky you italians are,
allora. . buona fortuna con tutti , e , SmokeAndMirrors, ho visitato Roma e siete molto fortunati!!! La citta eterna e una vita non basta , la sede dei romans ed i miei antente, ok, io gioco tuo mod, ora,
arrivederci,

Hans Kloss
07-20-2005, 22:17
Great work guys -

really enjoying playing this mod

dragases80
07-21-2005, 09:57
thank you Maly ~;)

MrBilzor
07-22-2005, 00:58
Hey guys-

I am, more or less, unofficially, the final proofreading english guy for this mod. I have had no part in development, I have just recently signed onto the team. That, actually, has yet to come to pass.

Only recently starting to play this mod, I ask the question: Why do the Northern Europeans (and England) get so screwed with starting land masses? It is one thing to start a little ragged, quite another to fight from Northern England against an empire that controls all of Western Europe. Any one else think that scaling back the giant empires of the south is a good idea? Or adding two more factions, one that starts in the Nile Delta, one in the (present day) French Alps?

Just wonderin . . .

Mister Bilzor

Semproniosabino
07-23-2005, 18:56
hi mr bilzor.

the regions represents the situation of 306.

i invite you to play with gallia faction and set the level vh/h.
i'm sure you will change your opinion.

bye.

Gaius Drakan
07-26-2005, 01:25
How is the translation coming along?

dragases80
07-26-2005, 20:18
we are really near to the complete translation in english ~;)

Bye

Riothamus
07-26-2005, 21:19
I really like trhis mod! The AI is good(smart) during battles. the battles are well done with the settings on huge ...lots of death screams, lol.I loved how my 600+Sarmation cavalry nobles made a wave of bending infantry from a charge. Just something I noticed and surprised me thus far is, because my cavalry archers are useless vs goth infantry ... I counter them with my Sarmation infantry They appear as good if not better Than the Goths infantry. I know the Goth heavy infantry,Huskles I think they were called, were the anti archer of the dark ages.But my Sarmation infantry seems to be a very potent part of their army. Is this historically based? I'm very curious and doing a little research on the Dark Age Sarmation infanrty to get some info. thanks.

Riothamus
07-26-2005, 21:25
Huskarl....correct sp.

dragases80
07-27-2005, 04:03
Hi Riothamus

There are many things in the mod that are not so historically correct...
i hope you will help us to make better Roma Immortalis, because we are going to release an add-on for the mod, with more features, more units and a new balancing unit engine !

if you want, you can help us, and you are welcome in the Roma Immortalis Team ~:cheers:

the add-on will be completely in ENGLISH

when the translation will be ready, we will send it to Mr. Bilzor to correct the text

ok...

anyway a new project will come as soon as possible...

RENOVATIO IMPERII ... a project that will take you to Justinian era, with the europe governed by romano-barbaric kingdoms, with a new map and more new units

ok bye... see you soon !

Semproniosabino
07-27-2005, 20:53
ave barbari

i'm trying to enlarge the map to the north (caledonia, scandinavia), and to the east ('til indo river).
the west and the south border will be the same.
ok?

there are little problems with the graphic in the coasts. but we'are trying to resolve them in the italian forum.

thanks.

(i hope you can understand me).

maximus decimus meridius
07-28-2005, 13:33
Hi guys ! this is a great mod really, i've downloaded it yesteday and played some custom battles and some turns in the campaign (as gallic player ..)

one suggestion ... in my opinion the units are too fast during the battles, i think that it isn't real to have hundreds of men that run all over the battlefield at high speed ...

anyway if you like i can help you in developing the next release of your mod, i'm the creator of Fall of Rome mod for MTW-VI (from 280 to 600ad), and i'm developing the METW mod for MTW-VI with other mates ...

cheers

max

~:)

ps. my language is italian ...

Semproniosabino
07-28-2005, 13:59
hi, maximus.

if you think that the units are too fast:

open the file data/descr_battle_map_movement_modifiers.

now put this:

climate default

grass_short 0.8
grass_long 0.8
sand 0.8
rock 0.8
forest_dense 0.7
scrub_dense 0.8
swamp 0.8
mud 0.8
mud_road 0.8
stone_road 1.0
water 0.6
ice 0.6
snow 0.7

i recommend to put 1.0 for stone road and the same value for similar surfaces (ex. mud and mud road).

excuse my poor english but i'm italian (close to rome), where are you from?

see you.

dragases80
07-28-2005, 15:37
Maximus i have played for so many hours with your fall of rome for MTW

i'm so glad to meet you !!!

p.s. are you italian ?

maximus decimus meridius
07-29-2005, 11:23
Semproniosabino and dragases80

Thanks for the suggestions, i'll test them asap.

yes i'm italian, did you like Fall of Rome mod? are you playing 3.0 version or 2.1 version?

cheers

max

Semproniosabino
07-29-2005, 20:56
yes i did....

with an english version. then i bought an italian version and the mod wont work! maybe i must to try the 3.0 version?

what i think?

the best mod for mtw!!!

hispanico! hispanico! hispanico!

(where are you from ?).

bye.

maximus decimus meridius
07-30-2005, 01:17
ok.

install your copy of MTV-VI , upgrade it to with 2.01 patch, then install 3.0 release of Fall of Rome.

after this, copy all the files from loc/eng folder to loc/italian folder .... and voilà

anyway the mod is in english ...

i'll release a new 3.1 version (with a self installing .exe file) asap.

another thing, i'd like to mod Barbarian Invasion" when it will be released, in order to make a REALLY historical accurate late roman/early byzantine game, this could interest you ? let me know what do you think.

i live near milan

ciao
max

jacked
07-30-2005, 01:35
can I see more picks ~:cheers:

Semproniosabino
07-30-2005, 14:30
maximus

ok, if your mod is still in english i'll try it in my english version.

after the release of BI the "rome immortalis team" will contact you, ok? i think there are no problems.

x new screenshots

you can find them in http://www.freeforumzone.com/viewmessaggi.aspx?f=42923&idd=2661

ave barbari.

Steven_v
07-31-2005, 14:09
Please can someone tell me if there is an english version of this mod?

dragases80
07-31-2005, 14:15
Not for now Steven ! But we will provide as soon as possible to release a new version completely in english...

We are translating all the text files... !!!

:book: ~:cheers:

Gaius Drakan
07-31-2005, 15:48
Thats good news, would you consider PMing me when it's translated?

The Blind King of Bohemia
07-31-2005, 18:08
Interesting mod lads, good battles and a good challenge, i'm playing as the saxons at the mo and enjoyed mopping up the Roman forces in Britain when the Vandals attacked me in force in my provinces in North Germany. A very good mod indeed ~:cheers:

Semproniosabino
07-31-2005, 23:23
thank you.

we are working hard for the add-on.

there will be new units and a better gameplay for the barbarian factions, saxons in primis.

ave barbari.

maximus decimus meridius
08-02-2005, 08:49
Semproniosabino.

thanks.

i've a little suggestion about the next version, i noticed that the roman cavalry (both the vexillationes comitatenses and the scholae) don't use javelins, they are only shock cavalry. but as you know the late roman cavalry, both light and heavy (like the goths and the vandals), relied on "hit and run" tactics throwing their javelins, just like the Alans or the Huns.
the only shock cavalry in late Roman army were the catafractarii and clibanarii modelled on the persian and sarmatian cavalry.
This could be an interesting modification for the next release of the mod.

have you considered also to put the dalmatian and Mauri cavalry and the lanciarii infantry regiments?

bye
max

~:)

Riothamus
08-06-2005, 17:39
great suggestion Max. Interestingly I read up on the Alans and their heavy cavalry shock tactics. One tactic seems to have been to charge into the enemy formation and then withdraw to intice the enemy to pursue as if they were fleeing.Then with an army in waiting of missles,darts ,ect.... cut down the pursuing enemy.(battle of Charlon) I guess they would need to be extremely disciplined to pull it off but to go with your point,a hit and run tactic but with shock cavalry.

Semproniosabino
08-06-2005, 21:49
thanks for the suggestions.

caio gracco is completing the list of units. we are following every suggestions.

now i'm only making the new map, so i can't reply about the military side.

we work separately til the test. so we can go faster.

the team is doing the traslation too, but is a lot of work.

bye.

Semproniosabino
08-13-2005, 15:35
ave barbari.

we are at 50% of the work.

the restyling and the add-on of unit is at 70%, for the moment caio gracco is in holyday, but i think that the work will be done very soon.

the new map is at good point, the new areas, ground types, climates, features are ok. now i'm making the mountains. then we will add new territories.

after the rebalancing of the gameplay the game will be ready.

marcus felix and the new entry ettore, are working on the historical informations, text editing and english traslation too.

thanks and excuse my very bad english.

Abokasee
08-15-2005, 19:15
[QUOTE=dragases80]
HOW TO DOWNLOAD ?
we have not a web space that host our mod, so we share it with Emule. To download Roma Immortalis Mod you must install Emule (here you can freely download this program http://www.emule-project.net/home/perl/general.cgi?l=1&rm=download) , connect to Razorback 2 server, then copy this link

and paste it in the address bar in internet explorer and press go at the right of the bar, the game is done, you just have to wait to download the mod (i am connected 24 hours on 24 )
[quote/]

you should of hosted it on TWC not EMULE....its too compulcated :dizzy2: :dizzy2:

Semproniosabino
08-15-2005, 19:25

http://rtwitalia.interfree.it/downl...rtalis_v1.0.zip

very soon we'll be ready with an english version.

.... and new units... new map... and more.

just a little patience.

thanks.

Abokasee
08-15-2005, 19:28

http://rtwitalia.interfree.it/downl...rtalis_v1.0.zip

very soon we'll be ready with an english version.

.... and new units... new map... and more.

just a little patience.

thanks.

PS weres the link...its in french or italian...or some other langue wicth i do not unders stand.

Semproniosabino
08-15-2005, 20:19
ops... ok, you are right!!

today the link above doesn't work.

so, try to open this link:

http://rtwitalia.interfree.it/

in the list of mods, you can download roma immortalis by clicking on the winzip image.

bye.

Abokasee
08-15-2005, 20:24
ops... ok, you are right!!

today the link above doesn't work.

so, try to open this link:

http://rtwitalia.interfree.it/

in the list of mods, you can download roma immortalis by clicking on the winzip image.

bye.

From my anger comes intelligence ~D ..........dam i click on the 1.0 link and 1.1 link and 1.0 dosent respond..and 1.1 says "invalid or corrupt" :embarassed: please try following the wisdom of god of bartix and host it on TWC like most people do....it would everbodys life easier :bow:

Semproniosabino
08-15-2005, 20:39
i'm trying now and the download is ok.

maybe you must to change your god. ~;)

bye.

Abokasee
08-16-2005, 12:03
Any way there is a 3rd option...it envoles....MURDER,no it doesn't.
The 3rd option is to host the mod on TWC

Helgi
08-26-2005, 18:43
("The 3rd option is to host the mod on TWC" Abokasee) Have to agree with Abokasee, hosting on TWC would be a good idea or hosting at the Org or 3D Downloads. Like the game.

Semproniosabino
08-27-2005, 20:56
i agree with you!
but before we want to traslate the mod, because we respect the english language community. :bow:
now we are waiting for the return of caius graccus, the next week.

we are trying to do our best!!!

thank you.

HagenVonTronje
09-02-2005, 19:48
I know you're doing all you can, but the English version of this mod is greatly anticipated :) *continues to chew fingernails*

dragases80
09-04-2005, 15:23
We are very sorry about it

But we are tryng to do our best, anyway the next release will be not just a translation, but it will include a lot of new features

new units

new map

translation

more new gameplay

Roma Immortalis Team

Caius Graccus

ExcaliburFIN
09-05-2005, 20:17
I am very poor in english. So can anybody explaing how to install that mod?

dragases80
09-05-2005, 22:18
Excalibur you have just to downlaoad it at

it's an autoextracting file

you have to install this file in main directrory

example

c:\program files\Activision\Rome Total War\

ok ?

Hi ~:)

dragases80
09-06-2005, 15:54
Hi all

here are some screens for the release of the add-on of our LITLLE MOD

i hope you will understand i am not very able in graphic modding, but i try to do my best

remember the strenght of Roma Immortalis is in gameplay ~;)

here are the new corrected model of Milites Limitanei (corrected model 3d)

https://img268.imageshack.us/img268/1152/limit4oi.jpg[/URL]

here are the Legio Comitatensis with a new shield

https://img268.imageshack.us/img268/6138/comita3mk.jpg[/URL]

here the new Legio Praentalis, with the new model 3d and a new skin (semi-lorica)

https://img268.imageshack.us/img268/898/pres1tm.jpg[/URL]

dragases80
09-06-2005, 16:00
here are the Domestici Pedites, elite troop of Dioclezianus ' empire

https://img268.imageshack.us/img268/7593/dome9mp.jpg[/URL]

here is the new model for the general of the Gaelic people

https://img268.imageshack.us/img268/2284/celticgeneral1wg.jpg[/URL]

and here the Saxon Berserker

https://img268.imageshack.us/img268/7568/bers7st.jpg[/URL]

Ok these ones are a little bit of the new units inserted in the add-on

we think th add-on will come as soon as the translation in engish will be ready !!!

I hope you will enjoy

Bye !!

HenryLet
09-18-2005, 14:00
The campaign doesn' t work . It's a pity because the mod could be very cool. THe usual Italians, they come up with a good idea, but they don't finish their work! ~:cool:

Caius Graccus
09-18-2005, 14:09
Dear Henrylet

to play campaign you have to delete two files in data\world\maps\base .

they are map.rwm and map_heights.hgt (pay attention because there are two files named map_heights ; YOU MUST NOT DELETE map_heights.tga, YOU MUST DELETE map_heights.hgt)

ok ?

if you want the english version you can download from

http://www.twcenter.net/downloads/db/?act=download&id=648&agree=yes

remember ... as someone said...

italians do it better !!!

BYE

hellas1
10-17-2005, 04:47
Hello and thank you for this mod!

I can't play the quick battles on this mod!

I have done a clean RTW install w/version 1.1.& 1.2 patches

Installed RI 1.0 and the 1.1 patch, deleted the proper files and did the english install.

Everything else works molto bene!

Can anyone help?

Grazzi! Ciao!

vlad 1
10-17-2005, 19:40
anyone can post screen of new map ?

need only screenshot of new map in this mod

Semproniosabino
10-18-2005, 01:31
http://www.freeforumzone.com/viewmessaggi.aspx?f=42923&idd=2661&p=1

xhellas1
i don't know where is the problems... in my first version the battles work fine.
any error message?

we are very close to the next version of the mod.

Semproniosabino
10-18-2005, 01:40
x vlad...

ops..excuse me vlad... in the link of the post above there is the italian forum of the rome immortalis mod. it's in italian language but there you can find images of the mod... in the last pages the images of the new units and the new map... the new screens and some symbols.

*the new version of the mod will be in english language too.:bow:
(don't worry... i'm not the traslator). :dizzy2:

bye... see you soon.~:cheers:

vlad 1
10-18-2005, 18:54
yes i think i love(like) this new map~:)
need download this mod and check all in game
https://img39.imageshack.us/img39/9706/italia7ss.jpg

can i use this map in new version of vlad total war mod ??? - also i say this map is great work of rome immortals team(also i change all on this map)-full change.......

hellas1
10-21-2005, 04:41
Ciao,

I can't wait for the updates to pack 2 &/or pack 3 also

thank you for this mod!

Grazzi!

dragases80
10-21-2005, 10:59
hey hellas

have you downloaded the Bug Fixer for Roma Immortalis ?

http://www.twcenter.net/downloads/db/?act=download&id=718&agree=yes

bye~;)

hellas1
10-21-2005, 14:43
Hi Draeg!

Yes, I did and it DOES work.

Thanks.

Grazzi, mi fratello!

P.S. Trying to contact Vlad to download his mod and patch, WHERE IS HE?

dragases80
10-21-2005, 20:33
ROMA IMMORTALIS MINIMOD Ver. 1.2.1 (HARDER BATTLES)

http://www.twcenter.net/downloads/db/?act=download&id=723&agree=yes

THIS LITTLE MINIMOD APPORTS SOME NEW FEATURES TO GAMEPLAY OF ROMA IMMORTALIS

- NEW TEXTURES FOR MERCENARY GERMANIC FREEMEN CAVALRY

- VERY HARDER GAMEPLAY

- NOW ROMANS CAN FIGHT AGAINST ROMANS, MAKE PEACE AND REDECLARE WAR ON OTHER ROMANS

- PERFECTIONED MILITES LIMITANEI MODELS

- SOME BUGS FIXED

HOW TO INSTALL ?

INSTALL THIS MINIMOD IN THE MAIN FOLDER OF ROMA IMMORTALIS 1.2

ENJOY !

ISTRUZIONI IN ITALIANO

QUESTO PICCOLO MINI MOD PORTA ROMA IMMORTALIS ALLA VERSIONE 1.2.1 AGGIUNGENDO ALCUNE NUOVE CARATTERISTICHE

- NUOVA TEXTURE PER I MERCENARI LIBERI CAVALIERI GERMANICI

- UN GAMEPLAY STRATEGICO MOLTO PIU' DURO

- ORA I ROMANI POSSONO DICHIARARSI GUERRA RECIPROCAMENTE, FARE PACE E POI RIDICHIARARSI GUERRA LIBERAMENTE (SENZA APPOGGIO POPOLARE!)

- PERFEZIONATI I MODELLI DEI MILITES LIMITANEI

- RISOLTI LA MAGGIOR PARTE DEI PICCOLI BUGS

COME SI INSTALLA ?

VA INSTALLATO NELLA CARTELLA PRINCIPALE DI ROMA IMMORTALIS VER. 1.2

ROMA IMMORTALIS TEAM

MARCUS FELIX
SEMPRONIUS SABINUS
CAIUS GRACCUS

hellas1
10-21-2005, 23:16
Molto Bene!

Grazzi Signiore!

Hellas1

Na Zisi H Ellas-Greek for "Long Live Greece!)~:cheers:

vlad 1
10-22-2005, 12:07
-i must say map not for barb invasion
map for old rome v 1.3

what about reconvert this map only for barb addon~:cool:
Semproniosabino need your help for reconvert this map for barb addon
your map for old rome game ( i need for barb addon) can you help me ?? i need only map

Semproniosabino
10-22-2005, 14:32
sorry vlad, but convert the map for the 1.3 is a lot of work!.

i'm trying to do it now, but i need to adjust the different scripts and convert the tga files in hgt and adapt the heights.... it's a hard work!!! but i think it's possible!
at the moment i'm working on the 1.4 version... but i think i can't make the map works in short time!

bye.

hellas1
10-22-2005, 18:03
Hello!

Thank you for this mod, I appreciate it.

The 4 prefecturas are not showing however!

Is this something to be fixed in the future?

Grazzi, Signiore.

:duel:

dragases80
10-23-2005, 12:22
"the 4 prefectures are not showing however" ?

i haven't understood...

can you explain me better ?

Ciao

hellas1
10-26-2005, 22:34
Hi Drag,

Yes I can.

In the previous version of RTW: Dio. to whomever, you have prefectures that covered wide areas on the campaign map, Ex. Praefectura Orientalis was Greece, Turkey, Yugoslavia, Israel, Syria, etc.

When I downloaded the NEW version of your mod, the Large area Praefectura's are not showing covering large areas on the campaign map, they are only shown in Italy!
P. Orientalis isn't showing at all on the campaign map!!!!

That's what I mean,

Grazzi, Signiore.

Hellas1

Semproniosabino
10-27-2005, 02:56
hi hellas!

i think that can be two causes for your problem.
the first: you have not installed the mod correctly. try to reinstall the tree parts (and the patches, of course).
the second: you do not have chosen the provincial campaign but the imperial campaign.

the new version of the mod works as provincial campaign!~:)

ciao!~D

hellas1
10-27-2005, 04:38
Hi Draeg,

Si signiore, you're right I chose the imperial campaign, not the provincial.

They ARE there, sorry. My mistake.

Again, grazzi and I await any further patches that are coming from your team if any!

Ciao! Molte Bene, Modification signiores, grazzi.

Virgil-Captiva Graecia habet Roma captiva! ~;)