PDA

View Full Version : weapons upgrades ???

The Electric Celt
07-29-2005, 10:38
just a quick one gents,does the metalsmith tech increase the strengh of artillery and missile power or only their melee weapons?
Also does a province have to produce the same troop type as the type you wish to upgrade the armour and weapons for?
Many thanks in anticipation of some beefy bad boys

BAD
07-29-2005, 10:45
I am pretty sure it doesn't upgrade the missile attacks or artillery attacks. Just the crews and archers melee attacks. xD And yeah if you are re-training troops to get weapon/armour upgrades you need to be able to produce that unit there. That's why the Spanish peninsula Rocks! You get 3 iron provinces, which I use to dedicate one for swordsmen, one for cavalry and one for the rest. :charge:

PS - \m/ West Yorkshire ownz \m/

The Electric Celt
07-29-2005, 11:15
Cheers for that BAD It's my new aquisitions of Navarre and Arragon that prompted me to check...
Not too fluent on net speak but yup I'm from Castleford,W yorks, not far from Towton battlefield :bow:

Oaty
07-29-2005, 11:53
am pretty sure it doesn't upgrade the missile attacks or artillery attacks

Now you can be certain ~:cheers:

Weapon upgrades only upgrades the handheld weapons.

EatYerGreens
07-29-2005, 17:24
Now you can be certain ~:cheers:

Weapon upgrades only upgrades the handheld weapons.

That's a pity.

I realize that an archer's accuracy rating is down to the man and not the weapon but all the same, iron and steel making technology implies better armour-piercing qualities of arrow tips, so some bonus ought to be had there.

If the AI factions ever bother to upgrade to silver or gold-level armour upgrades, you're going to need these weapon upgrades to counter them.