PDA

View Full Version : If you had all the money in the world, would you buy RTW still?

Copperhaired Berserker!
07-29-2005, 21:29
Nuff' said

Marcellus
07-29-2005, 21:39
Of course. RTW has some faults, but at its heart it is still a great game, well worth buying when you have only a bit of money, let alone all the money in the world.

Evil_Maniac From Mars
07-29-2005, 21:39
I might as well if I had that much cash lol.

Spartiate
07-29-2005, 21:46
I would buy CA and give them A LOT of cash and tell them to make the game the way I want it with extensive AI testing.The final product would have cost so much even before going on sale that it would sell at the biggest loss of all time but i wouldnt give a damn as i would have the game i want. ~:)
~:cheers: After all i am the richest man in the world.

Red Harvest
07-29-2005, 21:52
I would buy CA and give them A LOT of cash and tell them to make the game the way I want it with extensive AI testing.The final product would have cost so much even before going on sale that it would sell at the biggest loss of all time but i wouldnt give a damn as i would have the game i want. ~:)

Ditto.

Seamus Fermanagh
07-29-2005, 21:57
Ditto.

Mwah O-see.

It'd be cool buying a game that came as its own, self-contained, 250G external hard drive, plugged in, and roared. The AI would need a LOT of space.

Game itself would combine elements of MM and RTR mods (love that big map and enjoy multiple roman factions even though its only quasi-historical, but RTR has some good features).

Spartiate
07-29-2005, 22:18
Mwah O-see.

It'd be cool buying a game that came as its own, self-contained, 250G external hard drive, plugged in, and roared. The AI would need a LOT of space.

Game itself would combine elements of MM and RTR mods (love that big map and enjoy multiple roman factions even though its only quasi-historical, but RTR has some good features).

Only 250gb? Not big enough my friend............no siree. ~D

I voted yes by the way.I would definately buy the game again.Maybe it's not perfect but tell me who comes even CLOSE to the standard of RTS that CA and the TotalWar series have.Anyone who says Imperial Glory will get a smack of a wet fish.................yes.........a wet fish.

Colovion
07-30-2005, 05:43

werd

Taurus
07-30-2005, 11:13
I would definatly buy Rome: Total War if I had all of the money in the world.

and then...

ditto.

~:cheers:

Slug For A Butt
07-30-2005, 12:09
Even without all the money in the world, I'd buy it again.
Of course there are issues with it, but what could anyone expect with such an ambitious project?
I can't think of another game that comes close. Thats only my opinion, but there it is. ~D

ToranagaSama
07-30-2005, 12:38
No.

I'd be on my yatch, sailing around the world, with 4 of the sexiest shipmates you've ever seen; and, the last thing on my mind would be ANY computer game!

Please enough of these polls that belong in the Tavern, NOT in the Colleseum.

The Colleseum is for the discussion of the GAME, not whatever is your whimsical fancy for the day.

Thank you.

Moderator....

SpencerH
07-30-2005, 13:28
I'd spend $10 on it, so I answered yes.

Copperhaired Berserker!
07-30-2005, 14:19
Well, ToranagaSama, I could not post in the tavern, as it's for OFF TOPIC discussion. And this is to do with the GAME! So this does belong in thy colosseum.

Ser Clegane
07-31-2005, 17:01
Please enough of these polls that belong in the Tavern, NOT in the Colleseum.

Actually I would remove such a thread from the Tavern - best place would probably be the EH (assuming that you would consider such a poll necessary at all, I kind of fail to see the sense of such a poll - perhaps "nuff said" hits the nail on the head)

The Stranger
07-31-2005, 17:12
i would, and then hire the best modders and hackers to make it the best game in the world.

caesar44
08-01-2005, 08:46
I would buy 500,000 soldiers and 1,000 skm' - total war !!!!
:sneaky: :rifle: :rifle: :rifle: :rifle: :director: :director: :director:

Slicendice
08-01-2005, 16:22
If I had all the money in the world I would buy this game again but with the rest of the money I would develop a mmorpg with a kinetic interface system that requires the player to actually move his body in order to move his character. He would have to run in place to run and the faster he did it the faster he would run. He would have to swing a fake sword and wield a shield skillfully to protect his avatar and the only downtime would be when the human actually had to rest.

But while that was developing I would still play RTW. . . and keep a few hookers around the house for good measure.

King of Atlantis
08-03-2005, 09:07
I think there is only one logical answer to this poll

GAH!

Little Legioner
08-03-2005, 10:12
If i had it i could make the RTW again. I could make a deal with CA and most talented skinners of the world, artists for the artwork and musicians... Then i put in on my website for free downloading.

1- Every single faction has their own languages. Latin to romans, phoenic to Carthage...
2- Larger campaign map.
3- Not generated just only designed hundreds of epic scale battlemaps enriched with full enviromental elemets.
4- Osprey prints style unit skins.
4- Provincial sub campaigns.
5- Advanced custom battle generator for more maps to free play.
6- STW style cutscenes and movies for each faction at least generalized culture based such as greek or eastern...
7- Full package of tools for modding and a source website for modders. Planettotalwar maybe?

I would pay that easily but in my way. ~D

Silver Rusher
08-03-2005, 10:51
Do you mean buy the rights to RTW, or actually buy the game? If the latter, this poll is completely and utterly pointless in every way.

Little Legioner
08-03-2005, 10:55
Sure i mean that i would buy the rights of R:TW and developed it's necessary points and improve the strucure in all stages. :charge:

Viking
08-03-2005, 21:56
Do you mean buy the rights to RTW, or actually buy the game? If the latter, this poll is completely and utterly pointless in every way.

He means the game.. Very weird poll. Should instead be: If you had just enough money left to buy RTW, but nothing else, would you then buy it?

But that one woulde be weird too as well. :book:

a houston chronicler
08-03-2005, 22:24
how about, if your house was on fire, and you could only save one game, would Rome be the one? ~:)
also
~:handball:

Big_John
08-03-2005, 23:10
probably not. i would undoubtedly be traveling and wining and dining fabulous and shallow women way too much to spend time with any computer game, let alone an average one like rtw.

but, if i didn't already know that it wasn't anything special, i might have one of my servants fetch the game for me and test it out while i'm in yachting off ipanema, since i like mtw quite a bit.