PDA

View Full Version : And lo, the EB and BI lay down together...

Alexander the Pretty Good
07-30-2005, 02:14
You probably don't have a descision on the matter yet, but will EB remake BI?

It looks like it'll need it. Do EB members have an interest in re-doing BI? Or will EB boycott BI unless certain features make it in?

I'm curious...

Steppe Merc
07-30-2005, 02:33
It's not so much of a boycott, really. If the features outweigh the obvious ease of us continuing with RTW, then we'll use it. If it doesn't, we won't. So it's all up to CA, really.

Big_John
07-30-2005, 03:48
do any members of the EB team have any designs on using BI to make a historically accurate mod of the BI timeframe?

caesar44
07-30-2005, 10:26
I know only this - the best mods for MTW were those based on VI v. 2.01 - the latest version .
so , I suppose the EB team will follow that example

Little Legioner
07-30-2005, 10:58
Actually, I was thinking the same. Lets wait to see for 1.3 changes on game. I know that there will be a 1.3 patch and they said we'll release it simultaneously with BI. :book:

Zawath
07-30-2005, 10:59
The expansion pack will make the modding much easier and the AI much better so it would be foolish not to use it.

khelvan
07-30-2005, 11:11
The expansion pack will make the modding much easier and the AI much better so it would be foolish not to use it.And you know this how, exactly?

Little Legioner
07-30-2005, 11:17
We don't know the possibilities at the moment. They claimed like that on FAQ section on COM. but before any decide EB team should have to see and examine it how shall it be. I wish that might be easier to modding BI in comparison with the vanilla RTW.

jerby
07-30-2005, 23:46
to stay on-topic, berserker can mean 2 things:

-a: make RTW's EB for BI (time period of rtw)
-b: remake BI (the timeframe)

for EB to boycot it would be ridiculus. It's not a company, and it's everybody's personal descision to boycot or not.
personallly, no matter how bad it is. i'd never boycot it. as soon as any mod (rtr or EB) makes a mod, or continues modding, on BI, I'll get it. very OT..srry

alman7272
07-31-2005, 00:44
I'd only get BI for the mods. I'd really hope if there are more faction slots (if the ones from BI are actually new ones and not textswaps) that EB would use it and expand upon their mod with more factions.

caesar44
07-31-2005, 10:44
We want more factions !!!

Moros
07-31-2005, 11:42
We want more factions !!!
more factions you must be kidding me! ~;) ~:confused:

I don't know if I'll be buying IB depens on the mods and how many new possibilities(sp???) they'll have. And ofcourse how good the 1.3 patch we'll be if it improves the AI I will perhaps even play Vanilla again (it would be like a brand new game with AI) and perhaps it will also make modding easier...

-a boycot? oow Activision will sell so few games if 50 people won't buy it ~:confused: ~;)

~:cheers:

Dux Corvanus
07-31-2005, 12:23
-a boycot? oow Activision will sell so few games if 50 people won't buy it

It will be SEGA this time. Activision won't distribute the expansion.

You know, SEGA. Yes, the Sonic guys... :help:

Salazar
07-31-2005, 14:04
Well, BI, just because i love the Time Period and i'm very confident that somebody will make a realistic Mod for BI as well.

Moros
07-31-2005, 14:34
It will be SEGA this time. Activision won't distribute the expansion.

You know, SEGA. Yes, the Sonic guys... :help:
yeah, well I forgot it.
perhaps the denarii will be perlaced by those sonic rings ~;) ~D

Dux Corvanus
07-31-2005, 15:37
Those rings will be spreaded all over the battlefield. If you pick enough, then you'll unlock the cool units, like the Rhin flamethrower pimps, the Whip Mikonos drag-queens, and the Volga scrotum rippers. ~;)

Mongoose
08-01-2005, 02:21
just remember that if a unit routs, it will drop the rings :laugh:

Theix betteix havix atix leasix onix unlockablix bartix uniix orix i wilix noix buix BIix :furious3: :furious3: :furious3: :furious3: :furious3: :furious3: :furious3: :furious3: :furious3: :furious3: :furious3: :furious3: :charge: :charge: :charge: :charge: :charge: :charge: :charge: :charge: :charge: :furious3: :furious3: :furious3: :furious3: :furious3: :charge: :charge:

Batahr
08-02-2005, 14:23
Some changes in BI (posted by JeromeGrasdyke in this post (https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showpost.php?p=868762&postcount=261)):

* easily moddable factions via a descr file
* shadow factions, emergent factions, and horde factions are all properties which can be attached to factions in the faction setup
* a new, moddable religious system
* rebalanced charge and spear effects
* improved after-save AI behaviour
* more bug fixes than I care to think about
* much improved battle AI
* removed the limits on uses of console commands
* extended mod system (in fact, BI is a giant mod on Rome, although there will be new exe's as well of course...)
Looks like BI will be a bit more mod-friendly and will have improvements on some hardcodes issues (AI, cavalry vs. spears problems) that will make it worthwhile for most (if not all) mods.

Silver Rusher
08-05-2005, 20:01
The impression might not be given by the first unit they revealed (lord have mercy on CA), but BI looks like it might actually be quite accurate, at least more so than RTW. The PC Gamer preview of it had a map inside showing the starting locations. Some of those faction shields and starting regions look quite accurate.

Steppe Merc
08-06-2005, 21:02
Sorry, but have you looked at the units? Preasts and Gallowglasses are a joke.

Divinus Arma
08-06-2005, 21:05
I just thought I would say that this thread title is hilarious.

Spitful
08-06-2005, 21:38
From the makers of RTW i bring you the next title in the Total War(R) series
Sonic the Hedgehog - Total War
~:eek: ~:eek: ~:eek: ~:eek: ~:eek: ~:eek: ~:eek:

Alexander the Pretty Good
08-06-2005, 21:40
Oh cut it out. CA isn't making a historical game - you should have already abandoned hope on that. It's up to them to make it mod-friendly so that EB can do its job. And it sounds like they are making it friendlier.

Shaun
08-07-2005, 00:52
well in the BI FAQ it says that they will be making it easier to mod!
so there is no exuse for no RTR or EB for BI.

Steppe Merc
08-07-2005, 17:14
Just because CA says something doesn't mean it's true. They said RTW would be easy to mod. They lied. Likely, they lied again.

Dux Corvanus
08-07-2005, 17:20
Just because CA says something doesn't mean it's true. They said RTW would be easy to mod. They lied. Likely, they lied again.

Yeah, that's my impression. They say it will be easier to mod, but if you read in the FAQ the specific answers to the mod community requests, you'll see that... we can be happy if they don't make it even harder.

The only thing they've improved for us is that they'll allow now the program to read a different set of files without overwriting the vanilla ones, and that only because of their own needs -for BI.

Scorpion
08-12-2005, 22:19
Well, let´s just wait and see. If the battle AI has been improved in any meaningful way, and the loadgame bug has been fixed, then there´d be no choice but to convert, because, I´m sure we all agree that those are the biggest issues in the game.

CA has promised us as much - let´s see if they can keep their word. If not...

jerby
08-12-2005, 22:32
well equal moddabilty+morefuntions=reasonably worth it

King of Atlantis
08-12-2005, 22:47
Well, BI, just because i love the Time Period and i'm very confident that somebody will make a realistic Mod for BI as well.

a mod is already in the planning....

jerby
08-12-2005, 23:13
i think what he meant was eb's version of that period.
btu wich mod is that? hwo did they decide it so fast?

Lief
08-12-2005, 23:33
Fall of Rome Mod (http://www.stratcommandcenter.com/forums/index.php?showforum=36)

It was originally a mod for vanilla, but now they're also making a version for BI.

King of Atlantis
08-12-2005, 23:33
Well im getting a team together in the forge, Realsim invasion(name probably going to change).

jerby
08-13-2005, 11:04
good looking mod...really.
looks way better than CA's "interpretation"