PDA

View Full Version : About the Greek factions' intro movie music...

Elephant
07-30-2005, 03:51
Maybe I am nuts, but that music in the background is so damn catchy!

I am just curious though, what instruments are in that song?

Elephant
08-01-2005, 01:48
Can anyone answer me please? Or, if this is in the wrong section of the forums, please direct me to the correct place to move this thread. Thank you!

P.S. Is there anyway I can get that song on it's own? Or, if integrated into the introduction movie, can anyone tell me how I can find it?

Divinus Arma
08-01-2005, 01:52
Welcome to the Org!

I am sure someone will help you at soon as they see your post and know the answer. Check out some of the other forums here at the Org and perhaps you may find somewhere to post where somone may have that specific knowledge.

Alot of us read all or most of the forums, but some like to just hang out in one area. Like the backroom, or modding areas for example.

Regards!

DA

Divinus Arma
08-01-2005, 01:53
P.S. Is there anyway I can get that song on it's own? Or, if integrated into the introduction movie, can anyone tell me how I can find it?

It should be on the audo CD that came with your game purchase. Mine had a soundtrack.

Elephant
08-01-2005, 02:03
It should be on the audo CD that came with your game purchase. Mine had a soundtrack.

Oh damn, I bought my game at a second-hand store, and they don't seemed to have included anything extra.

Elephant
08-01-2005, 02:04

Oh damn, I bought my game at a second-hand store, and they don't seemed to have included anything extra.

Oh well, I will just have to think of something...

Divinus Arma
08-01-2005, 02:29
If you really want it, then buy it!

http://www.music4games.net/n_rometotalwar_soundtrack.html

I sure that there are other places to buy it too.

Elephant
08-01-2005, 03:44
If you really want it, then buy it!

http://www.music4games.net/n_rometotalwar_soundtrack.html

I sure that there are other places to buy it too.

The Buy button doesn't lead me to being able to buy it, I'm afraid.

Also... I don't know, but there are only 7-8 songs, such as "27- Greek Intro", of which I am willing to pay for. :(

pezhetairoi
08-01-2005, 04:32
try /data/sounds/music.dat. They ought to have it somewhere in there. Or you can just listen to it again by playing the animations in media player again. All animations are somewhere in one of the folders in the data folder.

Elephant
08-01-2005, 05:29
try /data/sounds/music.dat. They ought to have it somewhere in there. Or you can just listen to it again by playing the animations in media player again. All animations are somewhere in one of the folders in the data folder.

But are there ways to decipher the .DAT files to get to the goods?

Malrubius
08-01-2005, 06:04
This should extract them into mp3's. It's xdix from Vercingetorix:

http://www.twcenter.net/downloads/db/index.php?mod=32

Elephant
08-01-2005, 23:05
This should extract them into mp3's. It's xdix from Vercingetorix:

http://www.twcenter.net/downloads/db/index.php?mod=32

Now this is exactly what I have been looking for. Thank you for your help. ~:)

pezhetairoi
08-02-2005, 01:33
As it is, you can play the music.dat in mplayer as is, without extraction. The extractor is only if you want it in track form (but then again, of course you would. xP)

Elephant
08-02-2005, 15:11
Once again, thank you to you all that had the heart to help me, instead of leaving me out in the cold.

And now, I can finally blast out the Greek Intro music through the balcony! ~;)

P.S. Moderators can close this thread as they please, problem is solved.

pezhetairoi
08-03-2005, 01:18
....careful, you may have Parthian fans upstairs of your balcony :) Don't get into a music duel. ^_^

Elephant
08-04-2005, 03:23
....careful, you may have Parthian fans upstairs of your balcony :) Don't get into a music duel. ^_^

Haha, even the most loyal and nationalist of Greeks would be annoyed if you loop that music at midnight.

But seriously, that song is really good, and it stayed in my head. Although, I don't think it's authentic Greek instruments in that song: there were no bongos in Ancient Greece. ~;)

Now, even if this is off-topic, what are all of your favorite musics by Jeff van Dyck in R:TW?