PDA

View Full Version : Rules on resources?

Russ Mitchell
08-02-2005, 22:44
1. Does a resource have to have a picture? Aka, if I add one in, can it be "invisible" on the screen? The only real way to control what buildings are built where is by religious faction, and by resource. Therefore, as I work on messing with the build files in order to make a more true-to-period setting, it'd be awfully sweet to be able to create "intangible" resources...

2. If they must have a picture, can these and trade goods be your el-basic .gifs, or are they also on some weird graphics format?

Thanks...

cegorach
08-03-2005, 10:41
1. Does a resource have to have a picture? Aka, if I add one in, can it be "invisible" on the screen? The only real way to control what buildings are built where is by religious faction, and by resource. Therefore, as I work on messing with the build files in order to make a more true-to-period setting, it'd be awfully sweet to be able to create "intangible" resources...

2. If they must have a picture, can these and trade goods be your el-basic .gifs, or are they also on some weird graphics format?

Thanks...

I believe you can make it with an invisible picture - because it is in BIF format it can be all green - the colour of the background and with no decription at all.

Honestly I would not do it anyway - you can add your own icon + own decription which adds some flavour to a mod anyway.

BTW - do you know Hungarian - I need few simple translations ( unit names for PMTW) - I have them in all languages I need except Hungarian, French and Danish. ~;)

Regards Cegorach ~;)

Russ Mitchell
08-03-2005, 14:56
Yeah, but that gets dicey when you're trying to distinguish what sort of castle or guild structures can be built in a given region... not like a mine or tangible resource where the building is obviously tied to the resource.

You could, I guess, put up .bifs like "urbanized populace" and the like. Half my desire to do this is as a teaching tool, anyway. But I think that some of the other ones might get weird.

Still only four resources per province? THAT'S a serious bummer.

Igen, jo'l beszelek magyarul, de nem toke'letesen tudok a grammatika. I'd be happy to help. Drop me a private message with what you need translated. I speak french, as well. I don't know PMTW, so if you're dealing with modern units I'll have to find the specific corps names, but otherwise, no problem.