PDA

View Full Version : provinces:years

|OCS|Virus
08-07-2005, 18:05
Hello, I have two questions, and I need to know if anyone knows definitivly, does anyone know how many provinces there are in the MTW campaign map. And how many years are there total, for the first era {my favorite}. I am coming up with the probably already used many times over strategy of, I conquer x amount of provinces per turn. So if anyone has the answeres to these questions please speak up. =}

thanks

EatYerGreens
08-07-2005, 18:17
I was going to ask about province count myself, only a few days ago, then thought, what the heck, I'll count them up myself. I made it 98. It would be 99 but 'Sahara' doesn't count, as you cannot move units into it.

For all three eras combined, the number of turns comes out neatly as one move per day for an entire leap year... 366!

Last I heard, High begins in 1205, while Early begins 1087 (turn 'zero'), giving you 118 years, if you hope to complete conquest all in one era, though I see no special reason to bother. What's the rush?

Grey_Fox
08-07-2005, 18:48
Hmm. If you start in 1087, the game will not finish until 1453, so you have plenty of time.

Martok
08-07-2005, 18:55
Last I heard, High begins in 1205, while Early begins 1087 (turn 'zero'), giving you 118 years, if you hope to complete conquest all in one era, though I see no special reason to bother. What's the rush?

He might be playing a faction (such as the Byz or Almos) where either their best units are in Early and they then become slowly obselete over time; or he might playing a faction where their best units can't be trained after the Early period (like the Danes). Believe me, when you're playing as the Danes and 1205 rolls around, you really miss the ability to train the various Viking units--especially the Hurscarles.....

PittBull260
08-08-2005, 03:33
He might be playing a faction (such as the Byz or Almos) where either their best units are in Early and they then become slowly obselete over time; or he might playing a faction where their best units can't be trained after the Early period (like the Danes). Believe me, when you're playing as the Danes and 1205 rolls around, you really miss the ability to train the various Viking units--especially the Hurscarles.....
thats exactly why I used Gnome Editor :)

Shottie
08-08-2005, 04:01
What did you change? The year dates or when you can build the units?

PittBull260
08-08-2005, 04:37
there's options all over, one of em is for wat periods, I just changed it to ALL_PERIODS :)