PDA

View Full Version : Building and Training priorities.

DensterNY
08-12-2005, 16:37
I wonder if anyone here has background information on how priorities are assigned to training and constructing buildings. Playing the English I noticed my English and French lands seem to always get funding for everything in their query. Whereas my Spanish and Italian lands get little or no development and unit training.

I was wondering is this to do with how long that I've possessed a province, is it the acumen of the area's governor or is it the proximity to the capital that determines who gets funding first?

mfberg
08-12-2005, 17:44
It is land order on the early, high, or late.txt file that determines the order in which money is given out. I am not sure if it is buildings first, then soldiers for each province, or all buildings, then all soldiers, but someone else has probably already mentioned it in another thread.
"ID_SCOTLAND"
"ID_NORTH_UMBRIA"
"ID_MERCIA"
"ID_WALES"
"ID_WESSEX"
"ID_IRELAND"
"ID_NORWAY"
"ID_SWEDEN"
"ID_DENMARK"
"ID_FINLAND"
"ID_NOVGOROD"
"ID_MUSCOVY"
"ID_LIVONIA"
"ID_SMOLENSK"
"ID_RYAZAN"
"ID_CHERNIGOV"
"ID_LITHUANIA"
"ID_PEREYASLAVL"
"ID_VOLGA_BULGARIA"
"ID_KHAZAR"
"ID_KIEV"
"ID_CRIMEA"
"ID_VOLHYNIA"
"ID_PRUSSIA"
"ID_MOLDAVIA"
"ID_CARPATHIA"
"ID_WALLACHIA"
"ID_BULGARIA"
"ID_HUNGARY"
"ID_POLAND"
"ID_POMERANIA"
"ID_BRANDENBURG"
"ID_SILESIA"
"ID_BOHEMIA"
"ID_SAXONY"
"ID_FREISLAND"
"ID_FLANDERS"
"ID_NORMANDY"
"ID_BRITTANY"
"ID_FRANCONIA"
"ID_LORRAINE"
"ID_CHAMPAGNE"
"ID_ILE_DE_FRANCE"
"ID_ANJOU"
"ID_AQUITAINE"
"ID_TOULOUSE"
"ID_PROVENCE"
"ID_BURGUNDY"
"ID_SWABIA"
"ID_BAVARIA"
"ID_SWITZERLAND"
"ID_TYROLIA"
"ID_AUSTRIA"
"ID_CROATIA"
"ID_SERBIA"
"ID_GREECE"
"ID_CONSTANTINOPLE"
"ID_CRETE"
"ID_RHODES"
"ID_GEORGIA"
"ID_ARMENIA"
"ID_RUM"
"ID_LESSER_ARMENIA"
"ID_EDESSA"
"ID_TREBIZOND"
"ID_NICAEA"
"ID_ANATOLIA"
"ID_CYPRUS"
"ID_ANTIOCH"
"ID_SYRIA"
"ID_TRIPOLI"
"ID_JERUSALEM"
"ID_ARABIA"
"ID_SINAI"
"ID_EGYPT"
"ID_LIBYA"
"ID_AFRICA"
"ID_TUNISIA"
"ID_ALGERIA"
"ID_MOROCCO"
"ID_GRANADA"
"ID_CORDOBA"
"ID_PORTUGAL"
"ID_LEON"
"ID_CASTILE"
"ID_VALENCIA"
"ID_NAVARRE"
"ID_ARAGON"
"ID_CORSICA"
"ID_SARDINIA"
"ID_GENOA"
"ID_MILAN"
"ID_VENICE"
"ID_TUSCANY"
"ID_PAPAL_STATES"
"ID_ROME"
"ID_NAPLES"
"ID_MALTA"
"ID_SICILY"

mfberg

Geezer57
08-12-2005, 17:49
I wonder if anyone here has background information on how priorities are assigned to training and constructing buildings. Playing the English I noticed my English and French lands seem to always get funding for everything in their query. Whereas my Spanish and Italian lands get little or no development and unit training.

I was wondering is this to do with how long that I've possessed a province, is it the acumen of the area's governor or is it the proximity to the capital that determines who gets funding first?

The game designers assigned an identifying number to each province on the map. Those numbers run left-to-right then top-to-bottom. When you queue more items (buildings or troops) than you can afford to build in a year, the provinces get their construction allocated by the I.D. number.

So, northwest provinces get higher priority over southeast ones, explaining your poor Spanish and Italian results.

dgfred
08-12-2005, 18:08
The game designers assigned an identifying number to each province on the map. Those numbers run left-to-right then top-to-bottom. When you queue more items (buildings or troops) than you can afford to build in a year, the provinces get their construction allocated by the I.D. number.

So, northwest provinces get higher priority over southeast ones, explaining your poor Spanish and Italian results.

Thanks Geezer for the great tidbit ~:thumb: I've been wondering why Switz
and Tyrolia sometimes miss their builds in my HRE campaigns ~:confused: .