PDA

View Full Version : Problem with royal line

Knight Templar
08-18-2005, 13:12
I am playing with the Byzantines, and I was planing to take Naples and Sicily owned by Sicilians. I had no provinces next to them and their navy was stronger than mine. So I decided to send assassins.
Their king, Angus I had only one son (Alexander) and two brothers (Adam and Aed). So I sent about 10 assassins (ranks 1,2,3). One of them assassinated Angus. After that Alexander became king (Alexander I, age 17), and Adam and Aed ex-princes. Ok, that's what I planed. Then I eliminated Alexander as well and thought Sicillians will disappear as faction. But I noticed they have a new king Aodh I, age 39. So, from where did he come from?? ~:confused: ~:confused: :furious3: :furious3: :furious3: :help:

Grey_Fox
08-18-2005, 13:22
Perhaps a princess married a general? It can happen (I saved my Danish Kingdom by marrying a pincess of to a couple of generals - got a civil war though).

It's possible the new king was a brother of the original king.

Knight Templar
08-18-2005, 13:38
Perhaps a princess married a general? It can happen (I saved my Danish Kingdom by marrying a pincess of to a couple of generals - got a civil war though).

It's possible the new king was a brother of the original king.

I'm not sure for your 1st option.
For the second, I thought king's brother is not able to became king after king's son becomes king (he should be ex-prince with royal surname). Besides, I had emissaries in all Sicilian provinces before I sent assassins, there was no prince Aodh.

VikingHorde
08-18-2005, 16:47
I'm not sure for your 1st option.
For the second, I thought king's brother is not able to became king after king's son becomes king (he should be ex-prince with royal surname). Besides, I had emissaries in all Sicilian provinces before I sent assassins, there was no prince Aodh.
Only generals with royal blood can become king, unless you play as the HRE or the Papalcy. If this Aodh got 16 and the king died the same year, then it might be it. If not, then it must be a kings brother or another family member.

dgfred
08-18-2005, 16:51
As you said, no worries with my HRE ~;) ~D .

Knight Templar
08-18-2005, 17:03
If this Aodh got 16 and the king died the same year, then it might be it. If not, then it must be a kings brother or another family member.

Thanks for your answers ~:)
Aodh became king in the age of 39 . There is a posibility he was brother of Angus ,although I doubt, but between Angus and Aodh son of Angus (Alexander,age 17 ) ruled for 1 year and in that period Aodh should became ex-prince.

dgfred
08-18-2005, 17:13
I tried something interesting last night playing. I had two princes, one a
chinless wonder and the other with a secret perversion vice- both of which
I really hate- with a decent prince 3rd in line. :idea3: I decided to send the
two on a suicide mission vs Egypt in the Sinai. The first time I tried it the
2 RK units went to battle, lost, I refused ransom, and then the perverted one
RETURNED to Palestine........ how, what???? So I sent him again on the next
turn (still 13 RKs left ~:confused: ) and this time he didn't return ~D . The
only negative effect I noticed was a slight dip in loyalty at home but I don't
know if these suicide attacks were the reason. I solved that problem by
:smash: the Polish and Hungarians a turn or so later ~:cool: .

bretwalda
08-18-2005, 17:17
Thanks for your answers ~:)
Aodh became king in the age of 39 . There is a posibility he was brother of Angus ,although I doubt, but between Angus and Aodh son of Angus (Alexander,age 17 ) ruled for 1 year and in that period Aodh should became ex-prince.

When your king dies and the new king is heirless, the brothers of the late king there as eligible to the throne. They seem to stay there even if a heir matures, just they won't be the first in line but right after the son of the king.

Del Arroyo
08-18-2005, 23:28
I myself have seen heirs (my own) come out of nowhere.

Once I was playing as the Danes and had a really sh*tty string of princes, so I got them all killed, and my king died, and I had married one of my princesses to a general......

But the new king I got was some dude I'd never heard of before who I don't think had ever been a prince and as far as I was aware had never been married but whom I believe had been in command of a unit of Royal Knights. So maybe he was considered to be some sort of extended family member and there you go. ???

DA

dgfred
08-19-2005, 03:28

Once I was playing as the Danes and had a really sh*tty string of princes, so I got them all killed, and my king died, and I had married one of my princesses to a general......

But the new king I got was some dude I'd never heard of before who I don't think had ever been a prince and as far as I was aware had never been married but whom I believe had been in command of a unit of Royal Knights. So maybe he was considered to be some sort of extended family member and there you go. ???

DA

Here's the thrown cuz! :drunk:

Knight Templar
08-19-2005, 11:04
Today I managed to kill only Aodh's son, Algune, so Sicilians are finally eliminated ~:cheers:

When your king dies and the new king is heirless, the brothers of the late king there as eligible to the throne. They seem to stay there even if a heir matures, just they won't be the first in line but right after the son of the king.

Even if they're not on the list ~:confused:

I'll try that soon, kill all princes and mary princess to a general and will see if my faction will disappear ~:) . Now it really seems to me Aodh was married to king's daughter.

Marquis de Said
08-19-2005, 12:55
Well, I once bribed a former Mongol prince who had become a rebel in a civil war when I was playing with the Egyptians. He still had the crown symbol on his parchment. His name was Möngke, and he had the Pagan portrait.

I wanted to see what would happen if my crappy sultan died heirless, so I got him and his only son to attack a province by themselves, and made damn sure they didn't survive the attack.

And whaddaya know? Mr. Möngke donned a turban, changed his name to Khalil II and began his reign as one of Egypt's greatest sultans, completely revitalising the royal line with his 6-star command and 7-acumen.

bretwalda
08-19-2005, 14:00
That is truly awesome!!! You can revitalize your faction by incorporating the royals of dead factions... Very good to know, excellent post!!! :wink:

Well, I once bribed a former Mongol prince who had become a rebel in a civil war when I was playing with the Egyptians. He still had the crown symbol on his parchment. His name was Möngke, and he had the Pagan portrait.

I wanted to see what would happen if my crappy sultan died heirless, so I got him and his only son to attack a province by themselves, and made damn sure they didn't survive the attack.

And whaddaya know? Mr. Möngke donned a turban, changed his name to Khalil II and began his reign as one of Egypt's greatest sultans, completely revitalising the royal line with his 6-star command and 7-acumen.

Grey_Fox
08-19-2005, 15:58
The only negative effect I noticed was a slight dip in loyalty at home but I don't know if these suicide attacks were the reason

If you are defeated in battle, your king's influence drops, which would drop loyalty.

dgfred
08-19-2005, 16:13
If you are defeated in battle, your king's influence drops, which would drop loyalty.

Good to know. Thanks. I was able to regain the loyalty after conquering
Poland. ~;)

Joshwa
08-19-2005, 17:08

Is that the case even if the AI takes a province that is undefended or where they are beseiged and you get bored and leave? Cuz if so, thats put paid to my slash n burn tactics!

Geezer57
08-19-2005, 17:58

Hi GF! Are you sure the loyalty drop is keyed to battle outcome, or is it more related to province gain/loss? I've sent any number of crappy heirs off on suicide missions, none involving a province change, and never noticed an influence difference. But maybe I wan't paying attention, either... ~:confused:

Budwise
08-19-2005, 19:19
I think its one of the many cheats the computer uses. When I was playing VI and I choose to let the vikings sit in Norway and rot while I take over 4/5ths of the map. Toward the end, I had so much money that I sent (Without Lying) over a hundred assasins. Every time I would kill their king (Almost every turn with high valor assasins.) it would say hes heirless but the cpu would find one.

I saw that their were no royal units over there and still they would find an heir every turn.

Marquis de Said
08-19-2005, 21:47
That is truly awesome!!! You can revitalize your faction by incorporating the royals of dead factions... Very good to know, excellent post!!! :wink:

Thanks, Bretwalda.

VikingHorde
08-19-2005, 22:57

I did not know this was possible, funny how MTW still surprises me after all this time ~D

Grey_Fox
08-19-2005, 23:59
Hi GF! Are you sure the loyalty drop is keyed to battle outcome, or is it more related to province gain/loss? I've sent any number of crappy heirs off on suicide missions, none involving a province change, and never noticed an influence difference. But maybe I wan't paying attention, either... ~:confused:

If you lose battles attacking, influence does drop. It may take a few lost battles and no wins before it becomes really apparent. You also lose influence if you lose provinces, whether they are defended or not.

Dunno about besieged provinces, but I reckon it would be the same thing.