PDA

View Full Version : How to join a MP game?!

Sjakihata
08-20-2005, 22:25
So,

I want to play RTW online. But when I attempt to join it either tells: "Failed to join game (GS)" Does this translates to: gamespy suck? or is it another matter?

also I get this error: "No response from host"

How do I actually join a game?

rarely, I get in a game, but more than often one of the above messages appear.

Help me!

King Ragnar
08-20-2005, 22:44
Everyone gets those messages its jsut the poorness of gamespy that we have to live with.

Sjakihata
08-20-2005, 22:45
Everyone gets those messages its jsut the poorness of gamespy that we have to live with.

I vaguely remember when it was v 1.00 I had the host not responding thingy. However, I felt confident that it would be solved .... alas no

Unbelievable.

King Ragnar
08-20-2005, 22:48
It is all we can blame is gamespy.

Sjakihata
08-20-2005, 23:03
well, funnily enough game spy didnt change a bit since shogun, so dissapointing. and they probably make tonnes of £$€

NihilisticCow
08-21-2005, 10:48
Failed to join game quite often means that somebody else joined before you did and there isn't any space any more, but it also comes up when you have some kind of other random problem (I guess with yours or the hosts connection). I think most connection problems are due to routers, as many apparently don't work properly with Gamespy. I know of people who have multiple routers, one they use normally, and another they use when they want to play games with more than 1 other person. I occasionally get this kind of thing, but quite often restarting my router does actually sort this.

If you get "No response from host" then it isn't your problem, it's the hosts.

Taurus
08-21-2005, 11:22
True. "No response from host" tends to mean that the host has either cancelled the game or that he/she has alt + tabbed out of rome, or generally suffering from their own connection problems. ~:cheers:

Wishazu
08-21-2005, 14:21
Generally you get better connections in the competetitive and chat lobby`s, this is probably due to less people trying to join the games at the same time as you :)

Jochi Khan
08-23-2005, 19:40
And the one option that very often solves the problem.....

try restarting your game. (exit the game to desktop and restarting the game)

Even just logging out and back into the game can sometimes solve it.

Jochi