PDA

View Full Version : help!!! help!!! help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

phoenix-starfire
08-22-2005, 14:57
i got shogun total war but i cant insall it becase i lost the box with the code need to install it dose anyone know how i can install the game

Ludens
08-22-2005, 15:25
i got shogun total war but i cant insall it becase i lost the box with the code need to install it dose anyone know how i can install the game
I am afraid that is not possible. The code is there to prevent illegal copies of the game from working (or at least playing MP).

Maybe the guys at EA support will be able to help you. You can find directions to contact them at the CD or in the manual.

Mithrandir
08-22-2005, 19:31
Funny little thing I found in bold in a document (http://www.totalwar.org/cgi-bin/Rules.shtml) I had to read and agree to before becoming a member..forum rules I think it was called...

The staff has also the ability to edit all messages by all users, but we rarely use it in order to avoid misunderstandings as to the identity of the originator of any given text. If a post's content is essentially objectionable, it will be deleted instead. Examples of objectionable messages include, but are not limited to:

Posts containing information on and/or requests for the Shogun: Total War or Medieval: Total War CD key codes; if someone has actually lost his CD key, he should ask about the matter from Electronic Arts Customer Support. Anyone asking for someone else's here is assumed to be a pirate trying to deny the game's developers their rightful compensation for this work.

Drisos
08-23-2005, 13:19
Funny little thing I found in bold in a document (http://www.totalwar.org/cgi-bin/Rules.shtml) I had to read and agree to before becoming a member..forum rules I think it was called...

The staff has also the ability to edit all messages by all users, but we rarely use it in order to avoid misunderstandings as to the identity of the originator of any given text. If a post's content is essentially objectionable, it will be deleted instead. Examples of objectionable messages include, but are not limited to:

Posts containing information on and/or requests for the Shogun: Total War or Medieval: Total War CD key codes; if someone has actually lost his CD key, he should ask about the matter from Electronic Arts Customer Support. Anyone asking for someone else's here is assumed to be a pirate trying to deny the game's developers their rightful compensation for this work.

In short: Asking for the CD key is not allowed as you could copy shogun and play it illegally then. so you need to find another way to make shogun work. do as Ludens said.

:glasses2: I know the future: Sasaki will close this thread. ~D

Shambles
08-24-2005, 11:24
ID LOOK FOR THE CD CASE IF I WERE YOU.
THE CODES ON THAT AT THE BACK VERRY BOTTOM CENTER.

lOOKS SIMILAR TO THIS

1234-1234567-1234567-1234

OBVIOUSLY THAT IS NOT A SHOGUN CD KEY,
(ITS JUST WHAT IT LOOKS LIKE ON MY CD CASE BUT WITH DIFRENT NUMBERS)

HOPE YOU FIND THE CD CASE.
mINE HAS A SNAZZY PICTURE OF AMERICAN MCGEE'S ALICE ON THE BACK WITH A REALLY STRANGE LOOKING CAT AND SHES HOLDING SOME CARDS,

i ALSO LOST MY CD CASE AND THOUGHT I HAD LOST THE SERIAL NUMBER, bUT I HADNT, ITS JUST becous THE PICTURE ON THE BACK OF THE CD CASE HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH SHOUGUN, aND I HAD LOST THE FRONT COVER

SO AS I FLICKED THROUGH CD CASES IT DID NOT REGISTER IN MY MIND THAT THE ONE WITH AMERICAN MCGEE'S PICTURE ON WAS INFACT SHOGUN.

HOPE IT HELPS.
(i DOUBT IT)

p.s

Sorry for caps I did not notice caps lock was on
ShambleS
:bow:

Jochi Khan
08-24-2005, 14:21
I dont think he was asking anyone for a cd key.

Just does anyone know how he can install it.

Have you got the manual for the game? If you have, take a look on the rear outside cover and see if your cd key is printed there, usually at the bottom.

(It is printed on my manual) as the Serial Number: xxxx-xxxxxx-xxxx-xxxx
For obvious reasons I will not type my number here and consists of four blocks of numbers with dashes between them.

Hope this will be of some help to you.

Good luck

Jochi