PDA

View Full Version : Reinforcing mercenary arrives:

PseRamesses
08-24-2005, 23:12
Greetings comrades in arms!
Have been lurking this project since the start and I´m beginning to have high hopes for it due to your development. As you might know a similar project: Fury of the Northmen Mod was well under way for MTW but was halted in its final stages. Located at: https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=30879
Contains tons of research and usable material for your project. As the main researcher and coordinator of that mod I can safely say that you can feel free to use any information that you find suitable. If further help is needed, especially around Sweden, I´m at your command. Just drop me a mail at: pse@brevet.se or simply PM me. I´ve a life long passion for history as an amateur schollar and Sweden´s, along with ancient Egypt´s history, are my main passions.

I wish you all luck and eagerly await the full release. Gentlemen, I bid you farewell.

Rodion Romanovich
08-25-2005, 08:31
Very nice of you! ~:cheers: We're very thankful for your support ~:cheers: , and hope this project will continue to go as well as it has done so far ~D ! If you're interested, you could always join the team too. ~:grouphug: There are a few details which may require further research, if I find anything I'll contact you.

PseRamesses
08-25-2005, 21:27
Very nice of you! ~:cheers: We're very thankful for your support ~:cheers: , and hope this project will continue to go as well as it has done so far ~D ! If you're interested, you could always join the team too. ~:grouphug: There are a few details which may require further research, if I find anything I'll contact you.

Well, my passion for theese matters were not underestimated. I´ve now read through all the material (all threads and posts) for this mod that concerns Scandinavia and especially Sweden and I do find many flaws, uncorrect things and a couple of pure bogus ones. I do wonder if people rely on "Vikipedia" for everything nowdays?!
I can do a whole rework on Sweden and see if my companion Norseman from FotN-mod could do Norway, atleast so that you can make a proper choice. I do need alot of q´s answered to do soo. Like amount of provinces, terra ingognita?, units, tech-tree, names etc so far. You can mail me at pse@brevet.se

Reverend Joe
09-04-2005, 02:17
Wait- Fury of the Northmen is dead? Why? Isn't this particular era much better suited to MTW than RTW?

PseRamesses
09-04-2005, 11:37
Wait- Fury of the Northmen is dead? Why?
Well, atleast at a complete standstill. Norse is studying and don´t have the time anymore. Haven´t heard from the rest of the crew in ages. I can´t swing it alone since I´m basically a historian, researcher and a decent map maker.

Isn't this particular era much better suited to MTW than RTW?
Both yes and no. Things like Odin (pope) tucked away in an unecessable province in the north would have been hard to do in RTW and so would the converted crusade into a viking-raid too. Generals, army-combos and formations toghether with, IMHO, a better battlefield AI in MTW is an advantage too.
However, the graphics in RTW would make you drool over a viking mod. Larger map, more provinces etc would make the RTW a better choice. I also read in the forum that someone had mad rivers passable to ships/ fleet and that was an important feature in our concept. Personally I had hopes that we could have finished FotN for MTW and later make one for RTW/BI.

wilpuri
09-05-2005, 15:36
Like Pse, I am willing to help (as I already have ~:) ).

Also like Pse, I am a historian, and I can aid with tasks concerning mainly Finland, Estonia and the Baltic peoples. NW Russia is also somewhat in my sphere of knowledge.

Although no Balto-Finnic or Baltic factions are included (as far as I know), I hope we will at least see some unique mercenary units from that region? :charge:

ScionTheWorm
09-05-2005, 15:47
there will be uniques from that region yes. west russian units would be of great help ~:)

a typical finnish unique is also something we have planned, though no specific unit...

Rodion Romanovich
09-05-2005, 15:58
Like Pse, I am willing to help (as I already have ~:) ).

Also like Pse, I am a historian, and I can aid with tasks concerning mainly Finland, Estonia and the Baltic peoples. NW Russia is also somewhat in my sphere of knowledge.

Although no Balto-Finnic or Baltic factions are included (as far as I know), I hope we will at least see some unique mercenary units from that region? :charge:

Great! There'll be some unique units, but we haven't planned which units that'll be in particular yet, partly due to lack of research material for the region. The Rus faction and local mercs of the area are still not very thoroughly researched.