PDA

View Full Version : How do you use Arcani?

Taiwan Legion
08-26-2005, 09:24
I know that they can auto hide, but it seems once in battle if i move them, then they don't hide anymore?

So can someone help me?

SMZ
08-26-2005, 09:50
They must sit still for a second or two first and they must also be out of the clear sight range of any nearby enemies. Think about twice the charging range, or so...

Personally I use Arcani as crack infantry for taking the walls during sieges. Their extra hit points help them weather any missile fire while pushing a Siege Tower into place, and then their superior fighting skills make them great wall clearers. I'll usually send two or three of them up one Siege Tower so that they have enough numbers. After the defenders are pushed back or clear the Arcanis Very Good stamina and Fast speed come into play and I send them running around the circuit of the Wall Towers, so that they all belong to me and fire on the defenders.

Taurus
08-26-2005, 10:46
Yep. I'll just add a few thing to that too. ~:)

Arcani cannot hide while moving but can hide anywhere on the battlefield as long as, as SMZ stated, they are not in direct range or line of sight of the enemy.

As for using Arcani they are brilliant for a sneak attack on the enemy General if he's positined at the rear of the enemy army or something. Also Arcani are good for flanking an enemy unit and of course also as SMZ stated for clearing and taking walls.

Flippy
08-26-2005, 14:37
Also Arcani are good for flanking an enemy unit and of course also as SMZ stated for clearing and taking walls.

Is there a reason as why to prefer Arcani over gladiators for this purpose?
I find myself always using gladiators or simply praetorian cohorts.
Maybe I should give those Arcani a try.

Kagemusha
08-26-2005, 14:55
How do i use arcani?I dont.No need to use sneaky troops when playing as Romans.

Mahrabals apprentice
08-26-2005, 15:48
They are usefull when defending a seige
Hide them down a little side street, and when the enemy advances towards the central square you can use them to attack the enemy in the rear

Elros
08-27-2005, 19:14
Arcani can also be useful when attacking if you place your archers ahead of your infantry and the arcani in ambush in front of all of them. Then if you pull back with your cavalry behind the archers the massacre can begin. They are practically the only time I use ambushes when on the offence.

sunsmountain
08-29-2005, 00:41
Well i usually fit them into my onagers and use them in my annual Naval Arcani Tossing event, where you have to catapult said Arcani as far into the sea as possible. (cf.: Olympics)

Horatius
08-30-2005, 18:13
Arcani are useful on either side of a siege.