PDA

View Full Version : Mooving people around secrets and tips.How to get Imperial Palace early.

Razor1952
08-28-2005, 11:20
I thought I'd repost a thing which has been discussed before but I'm sure some new players may not be aware of.

1. Problem , I need to increase population of one city quickly (eg.so I can build the new governor level, typically that would be Imperial Palace in Rome at 24k people.)

Solution, moove all governors out of city except Rome (or target city) take next city by conquest and send all the slaves to Rome/target. Don't forget to moove your governors back before ending your turn!. You can easily achieve a huge city quickly. You should of course leave it fully garrisoned and use your best governor influence so you don't get revolts. Once you get the magical population you'll probably get negative growth but so what, just follow #2 or #3 and shift the population elsewhere.

2. Problem: City which is prone to revolts /difficult to handle, you want to reduce its population quickly.

Solution Moove your troops outside the city walls, then GIVE! your city by diplomacy to whoever you are at war with. Immediately retake the city and exterminate population. Instant relief.

3. Problem : I want to moove the big population at city A to city B

Solution: You of course can combine strategy #1 and #2, so you don't even have to conquest a new city, of course you then send the population as slaves to target city rather than externminate as in #2 method.

Downsides. Not many but obviously any building half built will be cancelled, so for example you can't moove Rome's ~24k people out before the Imperial Palace is finished. Once finished then go ahead and give Capua an Imperial Palace if you want.

Wishes for expansion: the ability to direct all slaves to one city, rather than cumbersome technique of mooving governors out then back in.

Some would say these methods are cheating, but I guess every player has to make his own mind about that.

cheers.

player1
08-28-2005, 13:36
Some would say these methods are cheating, but I guess every player has to make his own mind about that.

I would only consider gift -> retake -> exterminate/enslave as an exploit, since that's the way to workaround rebellions.

Tip to developers:
Best way to solve it would be for AI to never accept province gifts without cease fire or protectorate agreements.

Other methods are fair play if you aks me.

If fact, it would be great if AI was coded in such way so that it can direct slaves to territories that need them only, since I don't think AI is capable of handling governor micormanagenemt (AKA adding cheat that emulates micormanagement).

SMZ
08-28-2005, 14:13
4. Problem: You would like to increase one cities population very quickly and decrease several others.

Solution: Build "Peasants" in all nearby cities to the one you wish to boost. Then move the Peasants to the target city and disband.

Downsides: The cost of the Peasants.

rs2k2
08-28-2005, 14:57
4. Problem: You would like to increase one cities population very quickly and decrease several others.

Solution: Build "Peasants" in all nearby cities to the one you wish to boost. Then move the Peasants to the target city and disband.

Downsides: The cost of the Peasants.

and time if playing on small or normal unit sizes

Evil_Maniac From Mars
08-28-2005, 16:05
Good list. But I believe move is spelt with one "O", not two.

barocca
08-28-2005, 16:12
in this instance people are "cattle/chattels", thus mooving them seems proper
B.

[DnC]
08-28-2005, 18:31
Tip to developers:
Best way to solve it would be for AI to never accept province gifts without cease fire or protectorate agreements.

Allies should be given cities without such offers i.m.o.

player1
08-28-2005, 18:37
']Allies should be given cities without such offers i.m.o.

I ment, that if in war, enemy should not accept such offer if it does not lead to peace.
Otherwise they don't gain anything, since you can immediately enter the cities again.

[DnC]
08-28-2005, 20:45
I ment, that if in war, enemy should not accept such offer if it does not lead to peace.
Otherwise they don't gain anything, since you can immediately enter the cities again.

Ok that's how you meant it ~:) Good idea.

Razor1952
08-30-2005, 01:14
Absolutely DNC, the ai at war shouldn't be able to accept of gifts of cities , but if its in the game .....(Razor steals over to the Dark Side again...)