PDA

View Full Version : Where did my fleeing armies go?

pants223
09-01-2005, 18:21
I attacked a Brutii city with epic walls and I used three armies to attack. Wouldn't you know I get stuck with a support army to lead and the AI controlling all my good generals and seige equipment. Of course they start wasting them, attack the wrong side, it takes about ten full minutes to get my support army over there and by then the AI is retreating and I am taking heavy losses.

So I hit the white "Withdraw" flag and turn the game on turbo speed.

After that devistating defeat I can't find my armies! Normally when you flee instead of fight the army backs up aways or goes into a nearby city, but all three of my armies dissapeared! What the heck happened?! I lost a lot of men but no where near that many!

Do I just loose all armies if I withdraw? Please inform the ignorant.

Conqueror
09-01-2005, 18:28
Did you have ships nearby next to the shore? If yes, then that would be a likely place to look for your troops.

Craterus
09-01-2005, 18:33
Or your armies have dispersed.

pants223
09-01-2005, 18:33
No ships. I am in the middle of Germany. I don't understand it either. 3 full stack armies. All neighboring cities have only small armies. Weird.

kaiso
09-01-2005, 18:35
this is my first post here ~:) hi!!

when you withdraw from a battle you lose a lot of men even if the AI didnt kill them they just die anyway, so maybe thats what happened.

but apart from that i dont have clue :embarassed: .

Garvanko
09-01-2005, 18:39
Its a 1.1 bug. happened to me a while back - Attacking a Large city my onagers run out of ammo before they could break the wall completely, and I didn't really have any other options e.g. seige towers etc, so I withdrew.

Basically, in 1.1, don't withdraw from a battle. Especially if you have a full stack. Your units wil disapear from the campaign map.

Craterus
09-01-2005, 18:41
this is my first post here ~:) hi!!

when you withdraw from a battle you lose a lot of men even if the AI didnt kill them they just die anyway, so maybe thats what happened.

but apart from that i dont have clue :embarassed: .

Welcome to the Guild, ~:wave:

And what you say is the same as my suggestion, the men disperse because they are too few to be an army anymore.