PDA

View Full Version : Revolts in regular RTW?

vastator
09-05-2005, 20:38
Will the revolt feature added to BI also apply to regular RTW when you install the expansion? Having several provinces secede from your empire just as you're about to win would certainly make the latter stages of the campaign more entertaining! :duel:

King Mon
09-05-2005, 21:14
thatd b awsome but i dont think so. maybe im wrong though

The_Doctor
09-05-2005, 21:59
It would be good to have that in the main game, but in the FAQ at the .com it says nothing will change in the main game, well maybe a few bugs will be fixed.

Q. In the past your expansions have included both new version the original game and also a new campaign. The new version incorporated some of the new features in the campaign, some new content and was generally the current version of the base game. Is this going to be the case for BI or is the previous Republic-era campaign going to stand alone (except for some patching)? Just to clarify, in the one case we would have a new, up-to-date version of the main campaign that would incorporate new features but would be incompatible (as in post Viking MTW), on the other we would have a patched version that would probably not include any new major features or content but would be compatible.

A. A long and detailed question, indeed. The BI approach has been to leave the original Rome: Total War game alone except for patching, reworking and rebalancing. There won’t be new content, but the issues that have been raised since the game was released are being addressed. The Barbarian Invasion campaign has too many underlying (and significant) changes to mechanics to be entirely compatible with the old campaign map. The end result is that you’ll end up with a new game/campaign and a patched version of the original.

http://p223.ezboard.com/fshoguntotalwarfrm7.showMessage?topicID=19529.topic

Matheis
09-06-2005, 00:50
it does have revolts my city in northern africa next to carthage revolted and they delcared indipendence i had to send 2 of my armys to crush the revolt and 4 allied armys from scipio to stop the revolt. I later took over the town with heavy casueltys on scipio side due to great defenses i had built. In the end I won and i later exterminated the whole town for their treacherous acts.

vastator
09-06-2005, 18:07
it does have revolts my city in northern africa next to carthage revolted and they delcared indipendence i had to send 2 of my armys to crush the revolt and 4 allied armys from scipio to stop the revolt. I later took over the town with heavy casueltys on scipio side due to great defenses i had built. In the end I won and i later exterminated the whole town for their treacherous acts.
Well, yes, I've trouble with cities rebelling, but the impression gained from BI is that whole sections of your empire can set themselves up as a new faction. If we're not going to have that, OR night campaign battles, OR light troops swimming rivers in the early campaign, and the load/save patch is going to be released as a download that doesn't need BI, I don't think I'll bother. The late imperial period doesn't appeal to me that much. I'll just carry on modding my original game! ~D