PDA

View Full Version : Assassination of the SPQR

Edex
09-07-2005, 10:19
Hey, does anyone know - is there possibility to kill the Senate with assassins. Yesterday I (scipii) assassinate all Senate family members, sabotaged their buildings and got less then 50% happines of Rome population, but senate still exist. After some turns they got from nowhere two young family members. Even none of my assassins were catched, my popularity at senate offices moved down fast - in next ellections none of my family was in senate and now my rating is the same as brutii and julii (some times even less). Before it was very only one star under higest possible as I completed all senate missions fast. Jus wanted to try to get rid of senate faction as their missions became too far from my goals and I dont want to fulfill them :)

Ciaran
09-07-2005, 10:38
I think the "Senate" family members are bogus for members of other, less important Roman families who hold senate offices that none of the three big factions hold, so killing them removes the Generals, but doesn´t kill off the senate as a faction. For that, you´ve got to conquer Rome.

sunsmountain
09-07-2005, 11:33
Technically, it should be possible: Eliminate the family tree, eliminate the senate. But it's quite possible that the game automatically generates birth events as the fathers are slain, even if they're not married yet. Generating marriage events for 16 year olds and promoting the sons to age 16 just like that. Since there is no script or command to age a family member 16 years just like that, it must be concluded that SPQR uses "Man of the hour" events to trigger after their final member is assassinated.

Perhaps this is so the end-game is still preserved. Without a senate, there is no Outlawed! message. You can still declare war though on the other romans. But sooner or later you would need to conquer Rome. Ever tried making Rome rebel?

Edex
09-07-2005, 11:37
I wrote I tried to make Rome rebel. I got it down to 45 with all buildings sabotaged, but it does not revolt. Also those new family members "rised" out of the city, not inside it.

Dutch_guy
09-07-2005, 13:46
well I'm surprised you managed to take out all of the leader they had , even with my high tier assasins I never managed to do it ,with Vanilla RTW.
Because every time I was getting really close to destrying them all , some new family member came and thwarted my plans...

:balloon2:

Edex
09-07-2005, 13:55
At that moment they had just 4 or 5 family members - one in Rome and others right near with army. If honestly, I cheated a bit - saved game before any assassin mission and reloaded if assassin was catched (just 1 time) :) Anyway - assassins was trained well and the most risky faction leader was killed in first try in spite of 15% (or 12%) success chance. And els - I had four assassins, so I killed all in 2 turns and they hvent time to get new members. But it was just a test. Im not trying to kill those 2 new members (i sent my assassins to continue work with Julii family :) ), I will just loose senate missions until they outlaw me - Im strong enough at the moment and other Romans are week as I used strategy to get the cities what game concept gives to them - so I took biggest greek cities and some gaulic to prevent Julii movement.

Doug-Thompson
09-07-2005, 14:18
The player who finds a way to eliminate the Senate should patent the method and sell it. There'd be real money in it.

antisocialmunky
09-07-2005, 23:54
Well, has anyone tried a modded SPQR game and lost all their family members?

AntiochusIII
09-08-2005, 00:02
In one of my cheating campaigns (the best cheats are the manipulation of character traits, ancillaries, and buildings files...I don't do that normally, though, it'll only ruin the game in the long run) I assassinated all Senate family members (the trick is not a super-assassin one, but a super-vulnerable trait/ancillary for targeted characters one). No senate member alive in sight - and I had spies and assassins all over Italy by then. They did not fall...

Hmm...

Matheis
09-08-2005, 05:17
one of my family members said "was tragicly killed ??? BC" does this mean an assassin killed him? i dont remember taking him into battle and it never said who killed him.

Ciaran
09-08-2005, 10:12
Technically, it should be possible: Eliminate the family tree, eliminate the senate. But it's quite possible that the game automatically generates birth events as the fathers are slain, even if they're not married yet.
Actually, the game generates adoptions if a faction is running low on members, I once tried to eliminate the Egyptians by assasinating all their family members, but if I didn´t kill all of the remainng ones in one turn, they adopted some new ones.