PDA

View Full Version : A surprising marriage...

Barbarossa82
09-07-2005, 11:47
The Greek faction leader was pleasantly surprised that his daughter had changed her mind about men...

https://img398.imageshack.us/my.php?image=sappho9cf.jpg

On a side note, some weird stuff is happening in this campaign, almost certainly my last before BI. Scythia has expanded throughout northern Germania, while crushing a full-stack Thracian invasion in the South. The Greek conquest of Sicily has prevented a Roman invasion of Carthage, and Carthage has become a Roman ally while engaged in a fierce fight with Numidia. Both Gaul and Germany have become protectorates of Britannia, even though the Brits haven't conquered a single one of their provinces. And the Seleucid Empire has become a protectorate of Egypt, which I guess makes a change from being dismembered by it as usual. Overall a highly unusual campaign.

Edex
09-07-2005, 11:50
Yes, map colours looks really strange - not as usual single player

Barbarossa82
09-07-2005, 12:14
Also the Brutii got into the habit of loading two or three family members plus one or two poor-quality troop units onto a single bireme and sailing them straight into my huge trireme fleet in the Adriatic. As a result they died out and the Scipii absorbed their lands.

Garvanko
09-07-2005, 12:46
Thats a really weird looking campaign. A lot of strong looking factions expanding evenly across the map. Interesting.

NodachiSam
09-07-2005, 13:02
Very interesting.

rebelscum
09-07-2005, 15:51
BI I take it stands for bi-sexual, and reasons why she got married!

Doug-Thompson
09-07-2005, 16:28
Just because she married him doesn't mean she has to touch him. I'll bet it's a purely political deal to guarantee the territory of Lesbos.

Viking
09-07-2005, 19:18
Yes, map colours looks really strange - not as usual single player

Then you should see mine:

https://img132.imageshack.us/img132/2161/campaignmap211bc20zp.jpg

I modded descr_strat before this campaign though.

Edit: I was Scythia BTW. The things I modded was some faction traits, added a few buildings and raised some cash.

Edex
09-08-2005, 07:00
Viking, in my current campain, without modding descr_strat (playing Scipii) at the moment Bitons look just the same - they have became most powerfull nation, so yesterday I took 3 cities from them, but I was surprised anyway. Probably its so strong because senate asked me to get their maps and I payed 30000 for that.

Conqueror
09-08-2005, 08:56
It's normal in RTW that the Britons expand much. They have chariots which are very powerful in autocalc'd battles, which gives them an advantage over Gauls, Iberians and Germans.

Viking
09-08-2005, 13:31
I`ve seen the britons expanding almost to Byzantine without modding. The interesting factions there are Carthage and The Seleucid Empire. The chariots is what makes the Egyptians always win in the east too.

Seamus Fermanagh
09-08-2005, 14:31
Then you should see mine:...

Edit: I was Scythia BTW. The things I modded was some faction traits, added a few buildings and raised some cash.

Big tough Scythian ~:rolleyes:

Willing to capture vacation-type real estate but not willing to take on a bunch of girls up North ~;p

Seamus

(I know, I know, big fight for the privilege of annual rebellions and negative cash flow -- I wouldn't either, just love to tease)

Viking
09-08-2005, 18:12
Big tough Scythian ~:rolleyes:

Willing to capture vacation-type real estate but not willing to take on a bunch of girls up North ~;p

Seamus

(I know, I know, big fight for the privilege of annual rebellions and negative cash flow -- I wouldn't either, just love to tease)

I did actually take Themiskyra, after the screenshot was taken. It was one of the hardest battles I`ve ever had. My general got hunted down by some amazons in mid-battle and I almost lost my whole army. Hard, but a fun battle.