PDA

View Full Version : TGA to JPG, How? I wanna post pictures.

Budwise
09-08-2005, 09:21
I feel like a retard but please save me the time. I have some awesome screenshots to post and I don't have any picture editing software on my computer. Is there a program that I can download to change the format of my picture for free?

Productivity
09-08-2005, 09:26
Irfanview (http://www.irfanview.com/) will do it with no problems.

Deus Ex
09-08-2005, 16:29
Just to second DGB - irfanview is a great little tool - allows you to view TGA's, re-size them, and convert to jpg.

Well worth the couple minutes needed to DL and install.

DE

HopAlongBunny
09-09-2005, 12:23
Thank you ~:)

EatYerGreens
09-09-2005, 18:53
I think I'm a screenshot junkie. Not masses of spectacular stuff either. Even the trivial stuff, like strategy map events, gets stored, to help jog my memory when I want to put together a campaign history, say.

So I've got hundreds of the blooming things. This is where Irfanview really comes into play. TGA files are huge - not that I'm short of storage, with a 200gig drive - and conversion to JPG gives considerable compression and space saving with barely noticeable loss of image quality.

Irfanview can do batch processing of a directory for you, even renaming files to a scheme of your choice, as it goes. I reckon that 200-300 images took it less than a minute to convert.