PDA

View Full Version : A request on this cool trait system

Divinus Arma
09-09-2005, 08:20
All this talk on the trait system has really got me stirred up.

I know, I am just a lowly EB fan (see sig below), but I have a request...

Can you provide a more in-depth explanation on what you have in store for the trait system?

I remember in the gameplay preview, we were given a little insight into what was in store. I also remember someone (khlevan?) mentioning that CA really had not tapped the trait system's potential.

I felt that the preview was a little too vague for my tiny brain to comprehend...

I really am very excited about this part of EB and I would love to hear a little more (well, -alot really, but I would be delighted for at least a little ~;) )

Thanks team,

the slubberdegullion

Malrubius
09-09-2005, 10:33
I'd rather people enjoy the system through playing the game than just see me blabbing about how great I think it is. ~;)

However, we're planning to have some pretty extensive html documentation that lists all the new traits, with their levels, thresholds, and effects, that will be released concurrently with the open beta. We'll also release a FAQ and list of main features. That should give you plenty to read while you're downloading the open beta. :book:

I'd like to provide documentation for what the player has to do to get all the traits, but like in programming, work on documentation has not kept pace and hasn't received as much attention as the actual work on the traits. Anybody who volunteered to do the documentation would probably have enough acumen to help out with the traits, and would be quickly roped into doing just that. ~D

Besides, that might spoil the fun. I'd rather people just play the game, trying to roleplay their generals a little, and see what happens. :surprised:

Crownsteler
09-09-2005, 11:13
^^^^^^ Indeed I don't intend on doing any research into units/features/traits/etc aside for the info released in the countdown previews before playing the game so I'll have some pretty cool suprises waiting for me when I start playing :)

Divinus Arma
09-11-2005, 06:43
Thank you for including this info in your latest preview!

kayapĆ³
09-11-2005, 07:05
You are welcome. ~:)