PDA

View Full Version : Some thoughts and wishes for BI

Gustav II Adolf
09-09-2005, 09:02
I thought of something that would be interesting, don`t remember anyone mentioning it either. How about a more elaborate mission system in the diplomacy. You would be offered several missions by allies (blockade port, deliver relic, etc) and given their unique units, money, buildings. I liked the senate missions, but not that i felt dependent of them.

Another detail that i thought about was the night attack trait. I hope it will be given more or less automatically to high ranking generals. It would be quite boring to have a legendary commander who is unable to organize his night operations. ~:handball:

lilljonas
09-09-2005, 10:43
I'd say the opposite, that it would be nice if a specialized night-op commander could use his speciality to topple a general that would ordinarily be more skilled, but who is unused to battles after dusk. But the "give other factions missions"-idea is kinda nice, as long as the AI would be able to handle it.

Gustav II Adolf
09-09-2005, 11:24
I like the idea of a making the general more competent by experience. A low ranking general would have less control and fewer abilities. In time with experience and rank his competence grows. Maybe there could be more ways to emphasize the generals quality. perhaps more interesting abilities.

Divinus Arma
09-09-2005, 11:37
I like your idea about the missions.

Too bad the AI is retarded. It would never work.

Diplomacy is almost useless in this game.

TW could learn a trick from IG. Althjough the game sucked, the diplomacy was actually pretty solid. The computer stuck to alliances and such because it had no other choice.

Might not be a bad idea for TW if they cant get this figured out.

It would be cool to make your idea work. Nice thinkin!