PDA

View Full Version : Has Anyone Ever Nickeled and Dimed a CPU Faction Before?

Budwise
09-11-2005, 09:58
What I mean is that my current game. I am playing British (Like there is another faction) and after taking out French in like, a turn (God they suck), I was attacked by Spain.

To make a long story short, my front line was decimated so I let them go in debt by heir overload and too many troops. I figured 30 turns into a negative income and denying them any sea access, I decided to go on the offensive. I am not saying that I have the best income, about 2000 extra per turn and I am teching hard for the 1205 (About 30 turns away) and the arise of my favorite troops.

So, I am gradually just throwing a few troops at a time and taking one provence at a time. I don't want to slash and burn because I want that area to be my secondary capital.

My point is, I know they can't afford new troops so I am just knickel and diming their last few troops away.

As of right now, they went from all of spain to Portugal and the province at the bottom of Spain (I dunno what its called) and now the Elmos have taken back Africa.

I guess all in all, when I think I figured out this game, I find something new to try. I am so glad I tried the two GFX card trick to replay this game.

Geezer57
09-11-2005, 14:43
I am so glad I tried the two GFX card trick to replay this game.
Can't really address your new strategy (never tried it myself), and don't want to hijack this thread, but I take it from the above quote that you added the PCI video card to your 'puter and it's working well for M-TW? Nice to know...

OK, found your other thread - confirmed the hardware change. Good to go!

Deus Ex
09-11-2005, 17:39
I almost always try to use economic power as well as military and political. I think your strategy is right on and I have used variations of it myself (Mostly recently on the pope in my current sicilian game - LOL).

I have even heard of and used the strategy (some might consider cheesey) of focusing on taking away either their most valuable trade provinces and/or any provinces that provide specialized troops.

To me this just makes sense - I use my intelligences sources to analyze the strengths and weaknesses - and take advantage of whatever tools are available. - Can't take the high income province from him? send assassins after his 5-6 acumen governer. *grin* Often I like to see how much I can avoid direct battles. (I realize I am going to have to try one of the "balanced" mods - because I use trade to build up good income and from there all things are possible).

Anyway - I agree whole heartedly... excellent strategy

DE

Geezer

Here is the link to Budwise's GFX thread (https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=53863) - sounds like a very good (read inexpensive) option.

Geezer57
09-11-2005, 18:01
Geezer

Here is the link to Budwise's GFX thread (https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=53863) - sounds like a very good (read inexpensive) option.

Thanks, DE, I'd already found it (and his earlier one describing the concept and its merits), but I do appreciate the thought! ~:)

Zarax
09-11-2005, 23:02
I realize I am going to have to try one of the "balanced" mods - because I use trade to build up good income and from there all things are possible.

I suggest you to try the ZX Mod, the beta3 is out today...
It balances the player trading advantages by giving to the receiving nation a biggershare of the profits...

I found it a good way to influence the global economics, by using strategically your fleets you can boost a nation's economy.. Or strangle it.

Check the thread for more info.