PDA

View Full Version : New Mod plan: Europe

LordGuyOfRome
09-19-2002, 20:37
Greetings

I'm announcing what I plan to do in case someone would like to gve me a hand.

I'm currently planning to modify MTW like this:

- Eliminating the european eastern regions (have to decide if eliminating everything till poland or leaving poland around.. depends what I end up thinking about central europe regions)
- create more regions in Europe and especially split croatia to have a dalmatia, split venice to have venice and mantua, split tuscania to have florence and siena, adding some more regions to france and spain.
- Make Milan and Venice independent (for milan it is forcing a bit timeline)
- Create a as much accurate as possible christian kingdoms scenario in middle east
- possibly replacing the whole strategic map to one more fitting teh scope

that's it for teh moment.. comment/suggestions/volounteers for help?

regards

G

spmetla
09-20-2002, 00:22
I think that you need to split almost every province on the map. Course you either have to be really dedicated, bored, or insane to do that.

------------------
"samishika wa nai shitte irukara saigo wa itsumo hitori to"

"I'm not lonely Because I know I'll be Alone at the end"

email me at: Luftwaffle@mad.scientist.com

giskard
09-20-2002, 04:20
Insane depends on how much messing about the guys used too. My old project required weeks of work just to make 1 ordinary map. Funny thing is, all the tools needed to do it are exactly the tools i need to do something similar to what he wants to do. The only difference is, afterwards id have to process the images in a slightly different way and look into the LBM issue too.

To be honest, thats most of the mod making fun right there.

Just for the record, im a little busy right now so I cannot help you mate. Sorry http://www.totalwar.org/ubb/frown.gif

Giskard

[This message has been edited by giskard (edited 09-19-2002).]

[This message has been edited by giskard (edited 09-21-2002).]

dclare4
09-21-2002, 00:27
Seriously that sounds like a great idea but I've no idea how to mod the campaign map. I really believe though that many provinces in the map should have been split into smaller entities...

best of luck!
Gilbert de Clare

LordGuyOfRome
09-21-2002, 01:18
Quote Originally posted by dclare4:
Seriously that sounds like a great idea but I've no idea how to mod the campaign map. I really believe though that many provinces in the map should have been split into smaller entities...

best of luck!
Gilbert de Clare[/QUOTE]

Well, I'm (was? see my ranting post) at my first attempt of modding MTW, but anyway as much as I can tell, eliminating some regions and reassigning their lbm map colors to other sectors of the map, renaming them, modfiying the "move to" points, castles and ports coordinates etc etc, one should be able to modify the campaign map (if I'm grossly wrong, someone please warm me before I spend days on that, admitting I can make the graphic tools to work eventually.

Shouldn't be TOO hard, if it's how I think it is...

Regards

G

giskard
09-21-2002, 10:53
The LBM's are proving to be a problem mate. See my post in this forum about it. Let me know if you figure anything out I missed.

I believe I can make the entire campaign map for my Pagan Dawn now but the LBM's are a key part that just does not want to work.

Still I may have a work around that limits my options but may still work.

Giskard

spmetla
09-21-2002, 13:30
IS there a way for you to add new colors/provinces. If you fiqureds something like this out you'd have the UBER map of mods.

------------------
"samishika wa nai shitte irukara saigo wa itsumo hitori to"

"I'm not lonely Because I know I'll be Alone at the end"

email me at: Luftwaffle@mad.scientist.com

dclare4
09-23-2002, 14:19
Some humble splitting suggestions:

Aquitaine is just begging to be split up - Perhaps Gascony/Guyenne and Ponthieu?

Anjou should be Maine and Anjou. Ile de France should have Orleans south of it.

Wessex could be split into the West Country (Cornwall/Devon/Dorset) and the South (Sussex/Kent), Mercia SHOULD be split into at the very least the Midlands and East Anglia (I should very much like to have both an Earl of Warwick (title for the midlands) and an Earl of Norfolk (title for East Anglia) since the former would perhaps get more acumen while the latter would (as Hereditary Marshal of England) get 2-3 general stars. Northumbria should be split into Northumberland and Yorkshire.

Scotland should be at the very least be divided into highland and lowland.

Just my two cents,
Gilbert de Clare

Vlad The Impaler
09-23-2002, 14:57
LordGuyOfRome i can help u in the matters concerning Wallachia , Carpathia or Moldavia; maybe in smthin else; my mail is in my profile;feel free to contact me if u are interested http://www.totalwar.org/ubb/smile.gif

------------------
One sword to behead the white ruler sitting on the white throne in the Vatican.
One sword for the ruler who will come and unite us under the sign of the cross
with broken arms. Eleven swords to behead eleven lords and rulers of the land
united under the blue banner. A hundred swords to defend our southern
boundaries against black plague and half moon.
And one axe for me to defend my stronghold, and may I call this axe, "Bane of
Christendom" soon.