PDA

View Full Version : darthmod?+ question on battles

jerby
09-17-2005, 17:09
https://forums.totalwar.org/vb/showthread.php?t=50980

have any EB-member checked it out? i havent played it. but if only half of what he states is true it's worth putting in EB. right?

and about the battles: is teh fighting more fluid?(no more 1sec pauses between strikes etc) and is kill speed reduced by reducing attack, or increasing def? or other?

Greek_fire19
09-17-2005, 17:14
I think EB has been made aware of Darth's developments more than once since his mod was released. Suffice to say, Darth's main changes were in areas such as battle formations and unit stats. While these did indeed assist the AI, EB has it's own plans for unit stats and formations, which I hope and expect will also assist the AI in giving the player more of a challenge

khelvan
09-17-2005, 18:02
Darth and EB are pursuing different methods of addressing the same problems.

jerby
09-17-2005, 18:43
ok..

~;) i dont care about the methods..as long as the result is there. But i take it you 'decided' for another way to 'enhance' the AI...so i take it there's a reason behind that.

why do you do it differently?

khelvan
09-17-2005, 18:57
I'm sorry, I am no longer allowed to discuss the relative level of perceived benefits here. Suffice to say that if you feel that Darthmod is some sort of amazing improvement over vanilla, you should feel that way about EB as well.

jerby
09-18-2005, 14:13
~;) good enough for me