PDA

View Full Version : I rule the world !

scorillo
09-23-2005, 22:36
I'm playing Julii H/M....it's 56 B.C. ...i hold 89 settlements....only Parthia and Germania are left in the game...that's because i spare them,but i will start the war right now so i can make whole the map red....tommorow i guess i will finish it...and post here a imagine....Is anyobody got that far ? as i have ~:confused: ~:)

P.S. I will try to catch 1 A.D so i can see what happens
cheers!

NodachiSam
09-23-2005, 23:01
Probably, hehe. Some people don't bother to go all the way since they know they are over the hump and they've done it so often there is no challenge. Congradulations on your victories though ~:) It feels really good the first time ~:cheers:

scorillo
09-24-2005, 00:34
Here's where I am now:

https://img398.imageshack.us/img398/5885/20ff.jpg

I haven't bribed any settlement...only few scipii and brutii armies during the long civil war (over 100 years) yes,but not settlements.

Tommorow I will conquer all the map i hope

Oaty
09-24-2005, 06:21
P.S. I will try to catch 1 A.D so i can see what happens cheers!

Watch out for that YZeroK bug ~D

Anyways goodluck

Sextus the mad
09-24-2005, 07:59
wow. congrats on u conqureing the world. ive done it to, as the egyptions and the julli. :duel: hey, just to compare, which faction did you find the hardest to overthrow?cause the britons put up one hell of a fight.

ScionTheWorm
09-24-2005, 10:29
wow.. I almost always start a new game when starting the game, disallowing me to come that far. I think it's so boring managing 100 armies, much more interresting having a small empire and being challanged

scorillo
09-24-2005, 11:50
wow. congrats on u conqureing the world. ive done it to, as the egyptions and the julli. :duel: hey, just to compare, which faction did you find the hardest to overthrow?cause the britons put up one hell of a fight.

After Marius reforms barbarian nations are no match for the roman legions...I had no problem against the britons....Egypt and other roman families are the only ones who troubled me ....I will say Parthia too....When I was taking over their last settlement it was a HUGE fight....they had 3 units of elephants inside their walls and i didn't have any missile units ,only onagers....so It was quite hard to killed them only with legionaires and urban cohorts

edyzmedieval
09-24-2005, 11:59
Romans kinda lack cavalry. Apart from the Praetorian Cavalry, and the cheap and good Roman cavalry, the rest quite suck.

Mikeus Caesar
09-24-2005, 12:43
Romans kinda lack cavalry. Apart from the Praetorian Cavalry, and the cheap and good Roman cavalry, the rest quite suck.

They have a damn sight more cav then most other countries. And most of its good as well.

Garvanko
09-24-2005, 14:00
Equites are no match for Macedonia, Greek or Carthaginian cav..

Roman Cav and Pretorian are excellent, though.

Ciaran
09-26-2005, 10:17
What I´m really missing with the Romans is a decent anti-cav unit. The triarii are good, but you don´t manage to get many of them, and the post-reform auxilia troops don´t hold their ground too well against cavalry - or chariots, which are even worse.

Garvanko
09-26-2005, 10:25
A lot of merc units are good against Cav. Recruit!

Ciaran
09-26-2005, 11:00
Oh, I do. I´ve invented the title of "official phalanx recruiter" for one of my less-than-usefull family members, who´s busy running through all the countries that offer phalanx mercenaries to gather them up ~D

Alexanderofmacedon
09-26-2005, 22:09
Good job man!

Garvanko
09-26-2005, 23:04
Oh, I do. I´ve invented the title of "official phalanx recruiter" for one of my less-than-usefull family members, who´s busy running through all the countries that offer phalanx mercenaries to gather them up ~D
Indeed. The odd job here and there does no harm, of course.

Carry on. :bow:

gardibolt
09-29-2005, 19:11
My experience was that conquering the world is MUCH easier than holding it. I kept playing after I as Julii had taken the last spot on the map, and soon rebellions and revolts were breaking out everywhere, with my garrisons being totally slaughtered (or just as bad, turned rebel) and thus leaving me little ability to take the cities back. Cities that had been nothing but peasants suddenly had near full stacks of gold chevron rebel legionaries. It was very harrowing; I played about 14 years' worth and finally got it all back before I moved on to another campaign.

Celt Centurion
10-25-2005, 03:53
I'm playing Julii H/M....it's 56 B.C. ...i hold 89 settlements....only Parthia and Germania are left in the game...that's because i spare them,but i will start the war right now so i can make whole the map red....tommorow i guess i will finish it...and post here a imagine....Is anyobody got that far ? as i have ~:confused: ~:)

P.S. I will try to catch 1 A.D so i can see what happens
cheers!
Greetings Scorillo,
Good to talk to you again!
I am also almost through taking it all! With 94 regions, Scipii have 6 and Rebels have 3, and a small army of Arcani wiping out brigands, I look forward to seeing it all turn Scarlet too!

Strength and Honor

Celt Centurion

scorillo
10-25-2005, 07:40
Greetings Scorillo,
Good to talk to you again!
I am also almost through taking it all! With 94 regions, Scipii have 6 and Rebels have 3, and a small army of Arcani wiping out brigands, I look forward to seeing it all turn Scarlet too!

Strength and Honor

Celt Centurion

Glad to see that...keep up the good job~:cheers:

pezhetairoi
10-28-2005, 01:47
Haha, I came close to conquering the world with Brutii, and I did it with only 10 full-stacks at peak deployment. At the end (with only the northeast unconquered) I had only 2 stacks still left commissioned. It's really cool if you get all the way there but it's the law of diminishing marginal utility, it gets less fun the further you get. Though this scipii campaign I'm playing now will probably go on till EB comes out cos it's looking interesting. The Seleucids are now hurling phalanx pikemen at me and I can't wait for them to produce their silvershields and elephants.

Kekvit Irae
10-28-2005, 01:55
I tried once to get 100%, but once I got all of western Europe (Iberia to Greece) and a good portion of Africa, there seemed little challenge in continuing, considering the only people who could have stood up to my gold chev Gothic Cavalry and Chosen Archers were already crushed under my boot. This (http://www.kekvitirae.com/buffroman.jpg) was taken before I turned my attention to Dacia, Africa, and finally Greece

Alexanderofmacedon
10-28-2005, 02:00
Link doesn't work~;)

Kekvit Irae
10-28-2005, 02:11
Works fine for me. Try hitting refresh

Alexanderofmacedon
10-28-2005, 02:15
Nope, doesn't work for me...

P.S: How is Alabama? I live in Texas...~:)

Kekvit Irae
10-28-2005, 02:19
Try copying and pasting is it doesnt work: http://www.kekvitirae.com/buffroman.jpg

As for Alabama, lots of pine trees everywhere.

Alexanderofmacedon
10-28-2005, 02:24
Well that doesn't work either, but it's no biggie.

Alabama...Tell me more! Tell me more!

I've never really been to Alabama (no offence, but there is nowhere to go!)

Kekvit Irae
10-28-2005, 02:27
Running a firewall?

Alexanderofmacedon
10-28-2005, 02:29
Yes, but that's not the problem...

Kekvit Irae
10-28-2005, 02:33
https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v288/kekvitirae/buffroman.jpg

That?

Alexanderofmacedon
10-28-2005, 02:42
Got it...

That took way to much time for that...~;)

Cras
10-28-2005, 14:26
for scorillo:
what impresses me is the amount of money your cities generate and how few armies are in them.

How do you do that without creating a riot environment.

I feel like i have to have much more units in a city and therefor make less money... (eventhough i really have all the building built to keep them happy)

Kekvit Irae
10-28-2005, 14:38
Peasants. They work the same as higher-grade units at garrisoning, while costing only a fraction of the price.

Cras
10-28-2005, 14:59
but if you fill your cities with 20 peasant units.. should that not show on the flag above the city? your cities are only for 1/3 filled with units..

Kekvit Irae
10-28-2005, 15:35
It's easy to keep a city happy with three or so units if you have good health buildings and various other things that increase happiness.

Celt Centurion
10-29-2005, 00:03
I did it! I finished up with all 103 regions! The Med is a big Julii Lake!

Yes, at one point, the only thing left was on Scipii city on the East Edge of the map. I had to end turn to build siege equipment as the spy was unable to open the gate. Next turn, 1 rebel revolt.

And a lot of riots.

Next turn were over 20 riots, and 6 more revolts. I immediately laid siege to the ones that rebelled. It was here that I destroyed the last of the Scipii.

Next turn, I took most of them back, butchered everybody and went from -93,000 dinare to 30,000+. It was here that I also noticed that in the rioting cities, the AI had raised the tax rate.

I lowered the tax rate, checked cities, and in most places found damaged Curias and markets. I repaired them as I found them, and laid siege if any more revolted. Fewer and fewer were rioting and revolting. It finally got to only two rebel cities left, and I had siege equipment at both of them. I took them both back, and looked at the Julii symbol and saw that I did indeed have 103 territories.

I have taken a screen shot, and when I figure out how to access the RTW\TGAs folder, I will send it out.

Just in case my screen shot failed, I saved the game and named it; I rule the World! I will try to send it from there.

Hurrah!

Strength and Honor

Celt Centurion

gardibolt
10-31-2005, 23:14
So your experience was a lot like mine it seems--smooth sailing till you take it all and then all hell breaks loose!